No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind if it made a bee-line for Lincoln though....... for obvious reasons.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• heh...I mean...STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        K-3 is the time in a kid's life he is just getting over finding out Santa is not real.

I say, let the kids be innocent for as long as possible and let their parents decide when certain subjects need addressing. Keep the state out of the matter.
        Yeah, and this is ok if you do it in a "content" form. We're just not going to talk about sex or race or whatever with really young kids. Content reguations are ok if the state has a strong interest in the regulation, and the regulation is narrowly-tailored and not vague.

So, I think it's ok to say we're not going to talk about gender dysphoria in K-3 classes.

And, as an aside, these are state actors and the state has fairly wide latitude in establishing an educational curriculuum. If it were private actors, it'd be a much harder issue.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• because im to lazy to look it up what's the 8.5% mean--is that up 8.5 % from the previous month isnt it? so if inflation was 8.5 % every months means 96%+ in a 12 month period essentially means everything has doubled since this time last year.

Comment

• It's from 12 months ago. So, for August 2022 it's compared to August 2021

Comment

• I'm constantly scanning multiple news feeds looking for reports regarding Ukraine that don't always make it to more known news sources. This one is labelled as from CNBC but I suspect it is leader to a fuller story:

French President Emmanuel Macron spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin about Russian forces at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

“Macron once again emphasized his concern over the risks that the situation at the Zaporizhzhia plant poses to nuclear safety and security and expressed his support for sending a mission of IAEA experts to the site as quickly as possible, under conditions approved by Ukraine and the United Nations,” according to an Elysee Palace readout of the call.

Putin indicated to Macron that he would support the IAEA deployment to the site following additional discussions about the scope of the mission.

The two leaders are expected to speak again in the coming days, according to the readout of their call.

I posted about the risk for an unintentional (or intentional) nuclear mishap at the Zaphoriza NPP in S. Ukraine. What does a story like this potentially mean? Although Putin cannot be trusted and is a skilled fabricator of messaging, and therefore, It could mean nothing. I choose to have it have meaning when you connect the dots ..... to wit, Putin is becoming more and more sensitive to Russia's standing on the world stage. More importantly his own.

Putin has assiduously pursued relations with countries who either support his aggression (probably 3) in Ukraine or has remined neutral (about 30) The point of that is not some generous alliance building but rather a calculated plan to leverage the western alliance. He has coaxed Indonesian President Joko Widodo to publicly announce he’d received assurances from both Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin that they would attend the G20 conference, scheduled for November on the Indonesian island of Bali. US officials have opposed that stating publicly that Joko should invite Zelenski if Putin attends. Putin has allowed agreements to proceed on the shipments of grain through both Russian and more importantly Ukrainian ports. Are these indications that he is recognizing the limits of his special operation in Ukraine? At this point because I don't trust the fucking bastard, I'd give a 60/40 shot that it is distracting messaging for a hopeful west that this war will come to an end through meetings and talks restoring peace in that region. Nonetheless, a 40% chance that he thinks he's in trouble and looking for an honorable exit strategy (a strategy that if it exists at all, will be filled with disclaimers about a Russian defeat) is better than it was two months ago.

Aside from the ruthlessness and brutal reality of Russia's aggression in Ukraine and that the west won't intervene militarily to stop Putin's shit, diplomacy seems to be the course that the two sides may be seeking - one side, the west, hoping to avoid Armageddon, Russia trying to retain it's legitimacy as a world power, not giving in to any talk that it may have lost the war that Putin embarked upon nearly 6 months ago.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• When it's all said and done, there will be a new Reedy Creek agreement. There is no framework to collect taxes without it.

Comment

• I dunno how good Olentangy Liberty typically is but Pick Central is kicking their ass tonight

Comment

• bf8c4601c1168a95.jpg

Comment

• 6135d784c7038d9b.png

Comment

• I’m starting to think humanity has peaked.

Comment

• Ya think?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            I dunno how good Olentangy Liberty typically is but Pick Central is kicking their ass tonight
                            Not very. But PC is the best side in Central Ohio after losing the crown last year to mighty UA. Biles is really good. That said, I think PN is actually pretty good this year, too. If I were you, I wouldn't miss that showdown in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Making the outrage circuit the last few days is how a guy who identifies as a woman was rejected from all sororities at Alabama.

I mean, come on, while I believe this person (pic below) doesn’t have ulterior motives, I know for a fact, I would have absolutely loved to live in a sorority house at UA - and I’m probably not alone.
                              Attached Files
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyway, it’s made the national news, and lawsuit in 3, 2, 1…..
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X