No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take the court to determine the standing issue once arguments have ended?

Comment

• This case won't come out until June
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL dated a guy named Mohela once didn't he? Funny how life works.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Are they hearing that case today, too?
          Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            This case won't come out until June
            Just for the issue of standing?

Comment

• They're not going to parse. They'll the decide the case as a whole.

Comment

• The universal vacatur with Govt counsel and Gorsuch then Jackson is great. Gorsuch hates it. Jackson wants it. The Govt, in this case, doesn't want it. It cuts for The Chairman.

Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  How long does it take the court to determine the standing issue once arguments have ended?
                  Talent's right that there's virtually no doubt the six conservatives want to nuke the loan program on its merits and maybe even Kagan would lean that way. The issue of standing is what's "standing" (heh) in their way. I believe most of them but especially Alito in the past have pushed for a narrower, more limited, version of who has standing. Missouri's claim of standing is definitely debatable and in the past most of the conservatives would probably error on the side of "no standing" in those circumstances. But they also really, really wanna kill this program so...

The program will die it's just a matter of the right Plaintiff coming forward. The folks in Case #2 are probably good enough.

Comment

• Thanks. I got the impression that once the Justices started to push back on Missouri’s claims, the more tenuous it sounded.

Comment

• Unrelated case. Missouri's ground for standing looks impeccable compared to this bullshit. This is nothing more than legal grandstanding by one of the worst, biggest jagoff AG's in the country. Multiple people have already sued trying to get proxy voting declared unconstitutional, including Kevin McCarthy and the House Republicans. They lost. Supreme Court wouldn't even take the case. No federal court unless run by a total hack is going to declare that it has the power to rewrite House rules.

Texas AG Paxton files lawsuit against Biden over omnibus spending bill | Fox Business

Comment

• I wish you would solve the case of STFU.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          shaddup

Doesn't matter...The Chairman still wins...he will claim an attempt to help the little guy and those mean MAGA judges just won't cooperate...much like the R House...even when he loses...he wins!
                          I think Clay Travis reads my posts. He just said this exact thing a few minutes ago.

Damn I am briliiant.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I think Clay Travis reads my posts. He just said this exact thing a few minutes ago.

Damn I am briliiant.
                            Wow, kudos to you both. Biden's gonna blame his failures on his political opponents. Super insightful. That's why you make the big bucks.

Comment

• When SCOTUS slaps down the forgiveness (I think the states standing is weak here. The individuals are more likely to have it though have not seen the exact reasoning), Biden should just do it under Higher Education Act of 1965 which expressly gives the Education Sec. that authority.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• After hearing arguments, I tend to think the first case is the stronger.

But, regardless, I'd be surprised if the King-like act survives.

Whether he can successfully do it under the HEA is another story. But, that involves actual rulemaking and the rulemaking process.

Comment

Working...
                                X