X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well certain J6 footage is now leaking out

Comment

• and more suicides in arkansas

Insider Paper on Twitter: "BREAKING: Clinton aide linked to Jeffrey Epstein, found shot and tied to a tree with an electrical cord around his neck is ruled a suicide nine months after he died, Daily Mail reports" / Twitter

thank god our elections are on the up and up though

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        You see the reports of Ukraine using something new last night, Jeff?
        Indirectly from a video of an ordnance carrying drone. I think this might be what you've read about: Early in the war, drones were used to spot for artillery. Sometime in the fall/early winter 2022/23 much larger, ordnance carrying drones - some from the US (Special Ops) /NATO, some manufactured in Ukraine - began carrying what amounted to grenades. The operator could hover his drone over a target and drop the grenade precisely down open hatches on BMPs and tanks. There are lots of videos of this.

Yesterday on a twitter feed I follow, there was a video of ordnance dropped from a drone that created a huge explosion completely destroying, not just immobilizing, a Russian BMP. The ordnance was a UKrainian made thermobaric RG-27S2. Reportedly of French design but manufactured in UKraine. It has a penetrating round followed by a secondary round that explodes milliseconds later and disburses a fine mist of a flammable liquid (Benzene) which then explodes creating a destructive pressure wave that blows apart the BMP from the inside.

Thermobaric weapons are not new but that they've been miniaturized to about the size of a bowling pin and are being carried on drones is new. I can't link the video - it's been removed.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I can't find confirmation of the OSINTSender account posting about the potential for a Joint Moldovan/Ukrainian operation in Transnistria. Open source intelligence has the capacity to GEOLOCATE troops. It's possible that there are reports of Moldovan and Ukrainian troop activity on the border regions of Ukraine and Moldova. One of the sources I follow, ISW, would know about this if it were so. I haven't seen anything in today's report (for the 21st). It might clarify rumors tomorrow.

A feint being executed by the Ukrainians would be consistent with Ukrainian intent to launch a counter-offensive somewhere else. Just spitballing here. OTH, If you're looking at Russian weak points in the deployment of forces, Transnistria would be one of those that Ukraine could exploit. Russian troops and equipment were reportedly moved from Transnistria, and other places from outside Ukraine, in late November and showed up in the DNR area of Donetsk Oblast right after Christmas (remember Putin's cease fire thing?). Lots of stuff went on during that couple of days.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "A jury of your peers"

Last edited by Hannibal; February 23, 2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• That's a pretty awful hot take. I mean awful. Start with the legal fact that the 6th A right to a trial by a "jury of your peers" applies to jury trials. That doesn't mean grand juries. Indeed, most of the processes and standards for a grand jury are considerably different from those for a jury.

The hot take is so fucking awful that you don't even need to get into what "jury of your peers" means (which this hot take fucks up, too).
              Last edited by iam416; February 23, 2023, 08:42 AM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                That's a pretty awful hot take. I mean awful. Start with the legal fact that the 6th A right to a trial by a "jury of your peers" applies to jury trials. That doesn't mean grand juries. Indeed, most of the processes and standards for a grand jury are considerably different from those for a jury.

The hot take is so fucking awful that you don't even need to get into what "jury of your peers" means (which this hot take fucks up, too).
                Talent — that’s irrelevant to the point being made.

Comment

• No, it's not. It's specifially using a legal term to suggest the grand jury is somehow invalid. The application of the legal term is fucking awful. AWFUL.

The specific implication is that white women can't fairly judge DJT. And that's fucking trash, too, and leads to a whole host of god-awful outcomes that anyone can see.

Comment

• Are you purposely trying to be thick?

Comment

• Are you?

Comment

• That's begging for an SNL parody but I'll put the chances of that happening less than Talent finding a sense of humor before 9:30 this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Are you?
                          No. It comes naturally.

Comment

• Repeating myself that the woman is creating a headache for prosecutors, but not dooming any potential case. I'm sure that if any indictment drops defense attorneys will immediately cite her comments as reason to quash and dismiss. But the odds are high that they'll lose because one, she is just one member of what's essentially a consultatory grand jury. She has no say in the actual indictments. And two, she did not drop any details about specific individuals. Even if she had I don't think that would automatically be fatal to any prosecution.

She's obviously a bit of a "quirky" person and doing a big round of interviews was a mistake. In any real trial she's probably someone that would get weeded out in jury selection unless she's got a better poker face than I think. In her interviews though she appears to have no poker face at all.

Comment

• NTSB's preliminary report on East Palestine is out and not very long

RRD23MR005.aspx (ntsb.gov)​​

Comment

• DSL, on the Transnistria chatter......Meduza (a Russian anti-war reporting source located in Riga Latvia) reports this morning that the Russian MOD is stating the Ukraine is planning a false flag operation in Transnistria involving sabeterus dressed in Russian uniforms. Moldova has officially rejected the claim and urges citizens in Transnistria to listen to official government sources for information.

Reading yesterday's ISW report, ISW characterizes whatever is going on in Moldova is aimed at destabilizing the Moldovan government. "Destabilizing" governments of the "Russian Frontier" is a Putin trademark. This term, "russian Frontier" was first used a week before the Invasion of Ukraine, 2/24/22, by Putin. It refers to countries bordering the current Russian state (it's federations) which Putin idealizes these former Soviet Union Satellite states will become either a part of Russia or under Russia's control through "suzerainty." New term to me meaning the rights and obligations of a person, state or other polity who controls the foreign policy and relations of a tributary state, while allowing the tributary state to have internal autonomy.

Something is going on in Transnistria or will go on shortly but which of the three parties is doing the something isn't clear at all. That's to be expected. First the "fog of war" thing and second the Ukrainians and the Russians are both very good at subterfuge and masking of intent.

Comment

Working...
                                X