No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he makes it to International waters, it's over!!

Comment

• Among the most secured environments in the United States today are prisons. Virtually every movement of every inmate (and visitor) can be controlled with fences, razor wire, locked doors, bulletproof glass, handcuffs, chains, and other restraints, all housed within scientifically designed steel and concrete cell blocks.

Yet…

•Homicide rates within U.S. state and federal prisons are going up.
      •Suicide rates within U.S. state and federal prisons are going up.
      •Violent assaults and murders with weapons, including firearms, are going up within U.S. state and federal prisons.

Let. That. Sink. In.

Today, another nihilistic killer entered a school and, apparently, shot and killed as many children and adults as she could shoot and kill before others with guns arrived at the school, entered the building, and stopped her killing spree. This time it was in Tennessee.

The only disputed fact is over what pronouns best describe the nihilistic killer because, well, you know. It is 2023. It is the United States. We’re so “progressive” we no longer acknowledge the distinction between male and female that runs throughout and remains inseparable from human nature.

Let us, however, not get side-tracked: What do increasing rates of murders and suicides within U.S. prisons have to do with increasing rates of young Americans who either commit suicide with a gun or are murdered by someone else wielding a gun?

Much.

The problems within the prisons demonstrate that even if we turn our schools (and cities) into prisonlike places, with total government oversight and control of every human movement — where NO ONE other than GOVERNMENT AGENTS can legally possess and use firearms — where the rest of population is legally DISARMED — it is still impossible to protect everyone inside.

For nearly 250 years, children in the United States have grown up in the presence of guns. Guns in America are not new phenomena.

For most of that time, there were NOT increasing numbers of children using guns to commit suicide; there were NOT increasing numbers of children using guns to commit murder; and there were NOT increasing numbers of adults using guns to murder children.

All of that has changed.

More children, now, want to kill themselves and more are using guns to do it. More children and more adults, now, want to murder as many random strangers as possible and they are using guns to do it.

The reason they choose to use a gun is obvious: A gun is an effective means both for suicide and mass murder. There is no denying that. The more important questions are the more difficult to answer:

WHY, in modern, progressive America, do growing numbers of children want to kill themselves?

WHY, in modern, progressive America, do growing numbers of children want to murder others?

WHY, in modern, progressive America, do growing numbers of adults want to murder children and random strangers?

WHY, in modern, progressive America, do growing numbers of citizens seem to be living in unbearable darkness, depressed, and without any semblance of moral purpose in their lives? Why are so many Americans — in an age where diversity and inclusion are the buzzwords — so consumed by anger? What have we done to our United States of America?

Who among us is willing to have these important discussions? Who among us has the intellectual horsepower and caring soul for deep civic self-analysis? Who is able to not get distracted by the superficial chants for "more laws, more laws, more laws"?​
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Mike -- you probably missed it, but here's CGVT's proposals:

And with respect to semi-auto, he means anything that's semi-auto, so handguns.

What's unclear -- or what he refuses to say -- is if he's willing to hammer people other than Bubba because we all know it ain't Bubba's guns that are the problem when 75% of "mass shootings" are committed by AAs and Latinos. I actually agreed with him on the punishing bad actors related to illegal ownership, but I'm also in favor of hammering people that actually have illegal guns and enhancing the shit out of sentences if illegal guns are used in crimes -- but, that's mass incarceration. I get the sense CGVT only ares about Bubba because he ain't talking about how this approach hammers black folks
        Jesus Christ. Change the name to anything you fucking want. You in your typical fashion glam onto something that is not relevant and base your bullshit off of it.

Change it to Juan, change it to CGVT. I don't give a shit.

This "approach" is to deal with gun violence of all kinds.

If Juan or Bubba or Talent or anyfucking body does not take reasonable measures to secure his or her, (I certainly don't want Talent to spend two days saying that women get a pass. Fuck. What a tedious bastard) gun that person should be held accountable.

I said throw them in jail, of course, to keep Talent for glamming onto that, I should have said prosecuted or charged with a crime, but Jesus, as I said, Tedious bastard.

I really don't know how any law abiding responsible gun owner would be opposed to that.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• How about Billy Joe Jim Bob? Does that work?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fight the real enemy...images (6).jpg
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Great. Looks like CGVT and I agree completely on this:

BTW, I'm 100% for bring the hammer down on illegal gun ownership. If your gun is stolen or lost, yeah, man -- you got problems. And, if you're in possession of an illegal gun -- hammer down hard -- even if you haven't commited a crime w/ it -- fuck you, hammer down. And if you use an illegal gun in a crime -- serious ass enhancement. I'm 100% for bring the hammer down on this shit.

It should be noted, of course, that you can't put people in jail on a strict liability theory, so you'll have to prove that the original gun owner was, at a minimum, negligent in not keeping the guns safe and for any meaningful time -- reckless. That's just the law. It matters to most. Now, that would mean an illegal sale (at laest reckless) or not reporting it stolen (probably only negligent) or something else could count to some degree. But, gotta have culpable intent if you want to go beyond a misdemeanor.

What is absolutely certain is that you can hammer the fuck out of the people actually fucking in possession of illegal guns and enhance the fuck out of sentences for people who use illegal guns in the commission of crime.

That's what is absolutely 100% doable and what everyone should do Except, Progs don't want it. It's nice to see CGVT breaking with Prog orthodoxy and embracing this point.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I see what you did there...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU about guns already when there's tons of conservative reaction to CROSSING THE RUBICON to enjoy

Comment

• Welp, Wiz, I try to find agreement where there's agreement. I'm happy to see that CGVT has set aside concerns of mass incarceration in the name of addressing illegal gun ownership. As Mike noted, Prog DAs don't do this. It's important to have people on the Left stand up to Progs on this issue.

Comment

• THEY'VE GOT HIM NOW!!!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DSL:

Don't take this the wrong way, but fuck the fuck off.

Comment

• Correct Talent. Progs don't want to solve gun violence...they need it to advance their agenda...so meaningful legislation that would actually make a difference is not on the plate...just spend money...acquire more power and control...and grandstand when there is a mass shooting...but ignore the daily violence happening in their own backyards...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            DSL:

Don't take this the wrong way, but fuck the fuck off.
                            Seconded. Thirded. Fourthed. Fifthed.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Seconded. Thirded. Fourthed. Fifthed.
                              You put beans in your chili, fuckface von clownstick

Comment

• Are you calling me a beaner?

Racist prick.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X