Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

He also claims that Hale originally looked at attacking two PUBLIC schools but decided they had too much security. The school she attacked was ultimately a softer target. Is that true? Guess we'll eventually find out.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/nashvi...l-be-released/
    I saw a couple blurbs about this early on in the investigation but it doesn't really get the attention it deserves. As every American with a triple digit IQ knows, the only way to get rid of guns is to repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate privately owned firearms. But while that process plays out, steps should be taken to keep our kids safe from the nutjobs.

Every school should have an assigned police officer present throughout the school day. I'd go further and make it on a per-student basis so larger physical buildings have enough coverage. My school district approved significant funding a couple years ago and one of the budgeted items was for security. We have a full time officer dedicated to the two elementary schools that are adjacent to each other. He splits time between the two and everyone really likes him. The cruiser is always on display out front at drop-off and pick-up. Ideally, I'd like to see one at each school and would be happy to chip in to make it happen. This is where government can ACTUALLY do something good and address a real problem. How much would it take for the feds or states to set up an operating fund that could offset much of the cost to local school districts/municipalities to make this happen?

I think reasonable people can agree that children are the most vulnerable members of society and therefore worthy of increased protection. Not a single gun control proposal that the Ds keep blathering on about will stop these shootings. NOT. ONE. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we can start looking at real ways to keep the kids safe. Or at least safer.

Comment

• Red flag law in the TN incident quite possibly would have stopped it. The shooter's family was concerned over the shooter's emotional problems and the fact she had weapons. They thought she had one but sold it

Seems to me that is tailor made for a red flag law.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• But yes I agree no problem with setting up funds for police officers with school districts on a per student and per building basis.

I would also advocate funds for training classes specifically for school police officers.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• DSL, fruit and CGVT still have not answered my question as to why they support murder by chicks with dicks...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
            Red flag law in the TN incident quite possibly would have stopped it. The shooter's family was concerned over the shooter's emotional problems and the fact she had weapons. They thought she had one but sold it

You have to get people in the system. No one reported her as a "Mental Defective."If they had, she could have never bought the guns in the first place. The red flag laws would let you take them away, I think. But, the point is that it's a data input problem. The laws to prevent the sale are there -- if someone had inputted the data. The same data you'd need inputted if red flag was to work.

So, under the facts as they existed -- it's not quite possible they would have stopped it -- they would NOT have. Full stop. WOULD. NOT. HAVE.
            Last edited by iam416; March 30, 2023, 07:54 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hey Wiz. When did you stop beating your wife?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hope reparations happen. I have big money in Prada, Louis Vuitton, Dior and Gucci. I'll make out like a bandit.

Comment

• Par for the course and on display here for sure.

​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/..._YKZOA-9XXuVNE

‘Desperate and bigoted’: the right uses latest shooting to malign trans people

From hateful rants on Fox news to falsehoods in Congress, the far right exploits the tragedy to demonize vulnerable people
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                    Red flag law in the TN incident quite possibly would have stopped it. The shooter's family was concerned over the shooter's emotional problems and the fact she had weapons. They thought she had one but sold it

The gun purchases COULD have been stopped under existing law.

The Nashville shooter purchased seven guns from five stores before the mass shooting at a Christian school, and there is mounting evidence that those purchases could have and should have been prevented. Nashville police said the shooter had been in a “doctor’s care for an emotional disorder.” The parents of the shooter believed their daughter should not own firearms because of that emotional disorder, and believed she did not own any. Both federal and Tennessee state law ban the sale of firearms to anyone who has been adjudicated to be a threat to themselves or others. Had the parents, or the shooter’s doctor, or anyone else taken legal action to have the shooter deemed “mentally defective” under the law, she would not have been able to purchase the firearms used in the massacre.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...aign=river&utm _content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

And here's how well Red Flag laws work in practice.

As of late last year, 19 states and the District of Columbia had red-flag laws; an Associated Press review found that, “Many U.S. states barely use the red flag laws.” In Chicago, “Amid more than 8,500 shootings resulting in 1,800 deaths since 2020, the law was used there just four times.

So to reiterate my previous comment on red flag laws, I'm OK with them in principle. However, I don't trust the the government to wield that power fairly and as noted above, they are invoked so infrequently that it renders the whole exercise rather pointless. That progs will, of course, continue to scream about passing all this nonsense that won't have any affect on anything other than to play politics and act like conservatives are responsible for mass shootings. ​

Comment

• Look at CGVT empathizing the mass murderer and blaming Rs. Because she be trans....Parody, man....parody.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Russia-savvy reporters seem to think the Kremlin wants to exchange the WSJ reporter for their assassin Krasikov. This is the guy who murdered a Chechen dissident in broad daylight in a Berlin park a few years ago. If so that'd mean German cooperation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Par for the course and on display here for sure.

​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/..._YKZOA-9XXuVNE

‘Desperate and bigoted’: the right uses latest shooting to malign trans people

From hateful rants on Fox news to falsehoods in Congress, the far right exploits the tragedy to demonize vulnerable people
                          Ah, yes. The "vigorous assault" by the "far right" on the alphabet community. IOW, the vast majority of normal people who think its really weird that progs want to expose young kids to transgenderism and pass common sense legislation to pump the breaks on that lunacy.

VIGOROUS ASSALT. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Hey Wiz. When did you stop beating your wife?
                            I'll let you know when I'm done.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Look at CGVT empathizing the mass murderer and blaming Rs. Because she be trans....Parody, man....parody.
                              Progs gonna prog.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Look at CGVT empathizing the mass murderer and blaming Rs. Because she be trans....Parody, man....parody.
                                Progressive logic at it's finest. It always descends into the indefensible.

Comment

Working...
                                X