No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, look, if Progs want to include gang shootings with Columbine shootings and say, yeah, it's all the same -- that's fine. Let them say it. THAT IS THEIR POSITION, but they hide it. MAKE. THEM. SAY. IT.

And then you can point out how 75% of all mass shooters are "persons of color" and how that runs headlong into their "mass incarceration" conundrum (as does actually prosecuting illegal gun ownership).

But, the point is -- MAKE. THEM. SAY. IT. Make them acknowledge that white people ain't the problem when it comes to "mass shootings" -- MAKE. THEM. SAY. IT.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's the guns. Make them say it!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        4 killed or injured seems to fit the fucking criteria of a mass shooting. Not a mass Killing

Jesus Christ. The shit you all will do to downplay this is criminal.

BTW. It's the fucking guns. Period.
        If you want to argue, terms must be defined. That's what the FBI does and it's what Mother Jones uses in their database. The numbers the Left have been throwing around are false. Why do you feel the need to lie?

Who's downplaying the Nashville shooting, again? FFS.

The guns just randomly start shooting people? Interesting. But we all know how to get rid of the guns so hop to it. Send out some mailers or something. Start a movement.

Comment

• It's the guns. Make them say it!
          Indeed. Say it. Say you want to ban and confiscate all guns. Cause, I got news for you -- it's POCs w/ handguns that are doing the bulk of the "mass shooting."

SAY. IT.

Comment

• Why do you feel the need to lie?
            We all know the answer to this.

Comment

• So, it's clear Progs think school shootings and gang violence are the same thing and see the only solution as banning all guns because they can't enforce laws that would punish mass shooters because they are predominantly persons of color and thus the actual victims and we cannot add to the plague of mass incarceration.

That's it in one rather run-on sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                It's the guns. Make them say it!
                I remember one time I was nearly killed by a gun. I was walking into a store and right there in the parking lot a gun popped up out of nowhere and started chasing me. Fortunately, through some deft maneuvering, I executed a perfect combat roll through the entrance just as the automatic doors were closing. The gun crashed into the glass, fell to the ground, and scurried away knowing it had been had.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  So, it's clear Progs think school shootings and gang violence are the same thing and see the only solution as banning all guns because they can't enforce laws that would punish mass shooters because they are predominantly persons of color and thus the actual victims and we cannot add to the plague of mass incarceration.

It's the same prog logic that always ends up defeating itself.

Comment

• And to be crystal clear -- I don't really care if your position is to ban and confiscate guns. I don't really care if you choose to define mass shootings so broadly that a gang shootout on the southside of Chicago qualifies. But, I do care if you intentionally hide these positions behind a generic stat and run like a bitch from the obvious and inescapable conclusions that use of that stat has. They don't want to say it for a host of reasons. All I ask is that they fucking say it. Say exactly what they are hiding. SAY. IT.

Comment

So, it's clear Progs think school shootings and gang violence are the same thing and see the only solution as banning all guns because they can't enforce laws that would punish mass shooters because they are predominantly persons of color and thus the actual victims and we cannot add to the plague of mass incarceration.

Your wife and inlaws must find you utterly unbearable. The day she brought you home was the day they wished they'd shelled out the extra bucks for faux-Ivy Vassar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Your wife and inlaws must find you utterly unbearable. The day she brought you home was the day they wished they'd shelled out the extra bucks for faux-Ivy Vassar.
                        Eh, I have no need to disturb their bubble. My M-i-L is actually very interested in hearing and considering "the other side" -- she probably is persuadable about 10% of the time, but generally open and fair about 90% of the time. My wife is even coming around slightly -- well, more in that she's starting to see the holes in The Party -- she still hates DJT and the vast majority of Rs. I can't necessarily blame her.

The real bubble is my family -- holy hell are they partisan Ds. Most of them are pretty smart, too, but they really do live in a political bubble. And I've long passed the point where I care about convincing them they're wrong or that I'm right. I'm perfectly content to let everything go -- and save my unbearable wrath for graduates of Cayuga A&M putting their degree to work collecting rents in Lancaster.

Comment

• Every family needs a black sheep.

Comment

You have to get people in the system. No one reported her as a "Mental Defective."If they had, she could have never bought the guns in the first place. The red flag laws would let you take them away, I think. But, the point is that it's a data input problem. The laws to prevent the sale are there -- if someone had inputted the data. The same data you'd need inputted if red flag was to work.

True. Persons identifying as transgendered suffer from gender dysphoria, a mental disease. Treatment is fine, but having them be able to buy a gun is dangerous. Their mental illness should be inputted as data.

What we see from the progs on this board is a total unwillingness to "blame" certain "oppressed" groups for their criminal behavior. Blacks commit 5-6 times as many violent crimes as whites do. That is just a fact.

Progs, at root, believe two things:

- - All humans are equally talented, and therefore inequities result from societal influences.
                            - - Humans are a threat to the survival of planet earth
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; March 30, 2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Well, there's no evidence -- to the best of my knowledge -- that the gender dyspohoric are any more dangerous with a gun than anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

True. Persons identifying as transgendered suffer from gender dysphoria, a mental disease. Treatment is fine, but having them be able to buy a gun is dangerous.
                                This is why I can't get on board with Red Flag laws. It all depends on who's enforcing that law. "Gender dysphoria is a mental illness... people with mental illness should not be allowed to buy guns" is a logical argument that many people would support. Unfortunately, there are too many on the Left who would say "If you think trans people are mentally ill, you are a transphobe and transphobes can't buy guns."

Comment

Working...
                                X