No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of trannies -- maybe an interesting twist in that Nashville shooting

FsQIQIhWIBc8QjE?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Try using Google Translate to help with your English.
      Here is a translation for you...STFU.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

What would you propose, Whitley?
        This seems like an honest and serious question it will be answered in such. I will first say I have never had a gun and I don't ever think I will buy one. I don't think having grown up all over rural Michigan that I am an anti-gun guy though.

We have more guns than people in this country (and in a country of 350+ million people that is saying something). Obviously there is a problem because no other first world nation has as much gun violence and people killed. It is not even close it's a runaway much like the amount of defense spending we do compared to everyone else. I don't think there is one magic thing that can be done and poof it goes away. If it was that easy it would have been done by now (one would hope anyways)

What I think can be done. . . . .

1) I don't know (maybe somebody can tell me why) a person would need high caliber round. I am thinking when MTG auctioned off a .50 caliber sniper rifle back in 2021.She demonstrated it on a video where the shot blew up a car. Why does a person need a .50 caliber round in the first place? I can't imagine shooting a deer with that thing.

2) In my mind, and probably in reality, there are different classes of guns. I think for each class of gun, you should have to take a safety class and demonstrate profiency in the safety class. You pass the class buy as many of those guns as you want (provided it you pass the background check of course). If you want to buy a different class of gun you have to take that gun safety class. These should be renewable license like a driver's license.

3) There should be a lot more resources put into mental health. It is something that needs serious attention in this country. Having not only the people to handle but for it to actually be affordable (on a sliding scale for lower income folks?) could be a big help. We as a country have to be more open to mental health issues, there is a big stigma attached to them. It is not weak to ask for help (especially for men).

4) Red Flag laws. I acknowledge this could be real crumbling ground here, but I think the idea of them is good. Someone that shows clear red flags and presents a very credible change for danger to himself and others around him should have their access limited for a time to firearms.

5) This is more a long term deal here. We need to get good jobs back into this country. If you work 40+hrs/week, there is no reason that you should have to have another job just to eke out a subsistence existence. When you are just hanging on paycheck to paycheck just to pay the bills. You have a significant other and kids and the mortage. You have responibilities. It is a quiet desperation.

Now, do I think anything will happen on this? Absolutely not.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Keep in mind the Shitbird Right immediately spread rumors online that the Uvalde shooter was a tranny too, even naming them. Obviously that turned out to be false. The shooter's name hasn't been released yet but yeah I've seen this floating around.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            We have tons of gun controls. Tons. Thousands of pages of laws and regulations. The issue is, of course, the criminals and the crazies aren’t really concerned about laws and regulations.
            Then might as well get rid of all the laws if criminials are not going to follow them then. I mean that is the ultimate end logic you are using here.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Keep in mind the Shitbird Right immediately spread rumors online that the Uvalde shooter was a tranny too, even naming them. Obviously that turned out to be false. The shooter's name hasn't been released yet but yeah I've seen this floating around.
              There were legit pictures of the guy wearing women's clothing. He might not have officially identified as female, but he was definitely a cross dresser.

Edit: Coulter's Law is definitely in effect here.with regards to this latest shooting. Interesting that they authorities have released the woman's age but not her name.
              Last edited by Hannibal; March 27, 2023, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Any discussion about gun crime has to include who actually commits the crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

There were tons of pictures of the guy wearing women's clothing. He might not have officially identified as female, but he was definitely a cross dresser. I didn't follow that story though after the first few days and I don't remember hearing an answer.
                  They used photos of some trans woman in Georgia and claimed they were photos of Ramos. They do look similar but aren't the same person. She apparently posted pictures for days afterwards with the date in them to prove she wasn't dead or the shooter

Trans woman's photo used to spread baseless online theory about Texas shooter (nbcnews.com)

Trans woman wrongly identified as Uvalde shooter hits out at internet misinformation | The Independent

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Then might as well get rid of all the laws if criminials are not going to follow them then. I mean that is the ultimate end logic you are using here.
                    No. When someone commits murder we don’t say we need more murder laws.

The point is that the laws are in place. Laws of all sorts get broken all the time. That’s why there are jails.

When someone gets raped we don’t say we need more rape laws! We say punish the perpetrator.

If there is a law would stop a particular shooting then consider it (your detailed response to Mike doesn’t propose much that’s going to stop any of this). The devil is in the details.

Last edited by iam416; March 27, 2023, 03:47 PM.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A NY Post Columnist (Markowicz) HAS named the shooter as this Audrey Hale person and she's at least decently credible

Comment

This seems like an honest and serious question it will be answered in such. I will first say I have never had a gun and I don't ever think I will buy one. I don't think having grown up all over rural Michigan that I am an anti-gun guy though.

We have more guns than people in this country (and in a country of 350+ million people that is saying something). Obviously there is a problem because no other first world nation has as much gun violence and people killed. It is not even close it's a runaway much like the amount of defense spending we do compared to everyone else. I don't think there is one magic thing that can be done and poof it goes away. If it was that easy it would have been done by now (one would hope anyways)

What I think can be done. . . . .

1) I don't know (maybe somebody can tell me why) a person would need high caliber round. I am thinking when MTG auctioned off a .50 caliber sniper rifle back in 2021.She demonstrated it on a video where the shot blew up a car. Why does a person need a .50 caliber round in the first place? I can't imagine shooting a deer with that thing.

2) In my mind, and probably in reality, there are different classes of guns. I think for each class of gun, you should have to take a safety class and demonstrate profiency in the safety class. You pass the class buy as many of those guns as you want (provided it you pass the background check of course). If you want to buy a different class of gun you have to take that gun safety class. These should be renewable license like a driver's license.

3) There should be a lot more resources put into mental health. It is something that needs serious attention in this country. Having not only the people to handle but for it to actually be affordable (on a sliding scale for lower income folks?) could be a big help. We as a country have to be more open to mental health issues, there is a big stigma attached to them. It is not weak to ask for help (especially for men).

4) Red Flag laws. I acknowledge this could be real crumbling ground here, but I think the idea of them is good. Someone that shows clear red flags and presents a very credible change for danger to himself and others around him should have their access limited for a time to firearms.

5) This is more a long term deal here. We need to get good jobs back into this country. If you work 40+hrs/week, there is no reason that you should have to have another job just to eke out a subsistence existence. When you are just hanging on paycheck to paycheck just to pay the bills. You have a significant other and kids and the mortage. You have responibilities. It is a quiet desperation.

Now, do I think anything will happen on this? Absolutely not.
                        Thanks for the response.

To your first point, nobody would use a .50 cal to hunt. It’s basically a small artillery round. They are heavily regulated, illegal in many states and have never been used, to my knowledge, in a mass shooting. IOW, that would have no affect on anything.

Safety classes are always good but, again, the mass shootings aren’t occurring by accident because the crazy person doesn’t know how to safely handle a firearm.

Mental health is a huge problem in this country. I mean, we’re crowning dudes in women’s beauty pageants.

Red flag laws sound good in theory. Problem for me is the inevitable selective enforcement.

Not sure how the 5th point relates. Good paying jobs are always good but, again, I’m not sure if a significant number of these types of events are a result of financial stress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

There were legit pictures of the guy wearing women's clothing. He might not have officially identified as female, but he was definitely a cross dresser.

Edit: Coulter's Law is definitely in effect here.with regards to this latest shooting. Interesting that they authorities have released the woman's age but not her name.
                          Sure seems like it so far.

Comment

• First, an otherwise rare occasion involving another person with, I assume, severe mental health issues She obtains weapons, probably entirely legally, and proceeds to murder people and gets herself killed in the process. Another round of arm waving about gun control ensues.

American does not need more gun laws. What it needs is an efficient delivery of mental health care within a robust state run public health system that identifies persons with tendencies to violence using firearms, gets them the care they need, including institutionalization when it is called for. Stopping neutering law enforcement and associated investigative agencies along with this effort would also help immensely.

Why is there no care for these at risk people who, after the fact and upon investigation, there were clear indications that they were capable of doing what these shooters do? Yet, too many who need institutionalization and appropriate therapy don't get it and instead commit all sorts of crimes, including mass shootings when they are so disposed and get their hands on a firearm - most of them legally. The US Public and Mental Health systems have been slowly dismantled starting with the Regan administration - good thought but with unintended consequences. It began even before that with defunding of public health infrastructure that contained mental hospitals with varying level of institutional care including what amounted to court ordered incarceration of the criminally insane. Anyone doubt this most recent shooter was nuts in a criminal sort of way and should have been institutionalized at a point well before she committed her crimes?

Instances of homelessness and commission of crimes from petty to murder by the homeless who suffer from untreated mental illness added to the slew of these crimes, many drug related, committed by criminals with lesser mental and behavioral conditions have increased dramatically since the mid to late 60s. That is a direct result of the disappearance of robust community public health systems to identify this dangerous to the public safety cohort and provide care for those who, with such psychiatric care, can live independently and isolate those who can't by virtue of being a danger to themselves or others. In recent years the trend to neuter police has added to the surge of criminal activity.

Shitty mental health care systems, weak law enforcement, no accountability = more crime, including the one that just happened. Not rocket science
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

They used photos of some trans woman in Georgia and claimed they were photos of Ramos. They do look similar but aren't the same person. She apparently posted pictures for days afterwards with the date in them to prove she wasn't dead or the shooter

Trans woman's photo used to spread baseless online theory about Texas shooter (nbcnews.com)

Trans woman wrongly identified as Uvalde shooter hits out at internet misinformation | The Independent
                              There were some fake pics but there were some legit ones too.

Comment

No, not at all my point. My point is there are already reams of laws on the books, the problem isn’t a lack of laws. I don’t think another will help.

To your post up stream:

1) As far as high caliber rounds, unless something has changed, most shootings are with handguns, not “high caliber” rounds. I’m not aware of s 50 cal shooting spree.

2. Safety classes and demonstrating proficiency: I’m generally for this, but how does this requirement help with the crazies and criminals shooting people?

3. Mental health resources being bolstered. Yeah, I’m for it, but the problem is the crazies don’t know they’re crazy or if they know it, don’t seek care much of the time.

4. Red flag laws. Some states have these now and a lot of the time they are absolutely abused by police and others. Driving isn’t even a protected right, but let me ask you how you would feel if there were red flags for driving. Let’s say I anonymously report you for driving drunk and the police come and take your car from you until you prove that you are no danger? I’m not a fan of loose interpretations of what a red flag is and anonymous reporting. It needs to be a tangible, definitive and reasonable list of actions. With mental health and guns, there often isn’t a black and white warning sign. It’s often shades. Many of the functional crazies are very good at hiding it and staying away from the professionals who could identify it.

Initial reports say this person had no criminal record and was not identified as a crazy. Maybe that’ll change, but if true, I’m not sure how any of your suggestions would have helped at all. In fact, I’m not sure of anything that would have helped, save of course, all guns being made illegal and confiscated.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X