No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s interesting that we have had a number of shootings by people who identify as trans or nonbinary. It bears research, but we won’t because of woke reasons.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, it kills me that some media are using so-called “constitutional carry” laws as the impetus for this shooting. The lack of logic and reasoning is astounding.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is what I always tell my wife when we're talking any policy -- (1) Identify the problem; (2) Identify the "solution"; (3) establish that the proposed policy solves or meaningfully addresses the problem; and (4) establish that proposed solution is no broader than necessary to solve or meaningfully address the problem. And then, and only then, do you debate the policy. Otherwise you're debating a policy change for a problem that doesn't exist or for a "solution" that solves nothing.

I should also add, it drives my wife mad when I make her prove up her policy choices, which is an attendant benefit.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I tell your wife the same thing.

Comment

• My wife, who has remarkably poor taste, at least had to good sense to ask, "What sort of fucktarded on-line shit are you involved in such that you "talk" with some dipshit who voluntarily goes to Scotland and then confirms it to the world with a postcard. You're a fucking idiot."

I'm gonna confess -- that line of questioning was impossible to refute.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              It’s interesting that we have had a number of shootings by people who identify as trans or nonbinary. It bears research, but we won’t because of woke reasons.
              Well, when Jane Fonda tells them to go out and kill people on the View', what do you expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                My wife, who has remarkably poor taste, at least had to good sense to ask, "What sort of fucktarded on-line shit are you involved in such that you "talk" with some dipshit who voluntarily goes to Scotland and then confirms it to the world with a postcard. You're a fucking idiot."

I'm gonna confess -- that line of questioning was impossible to refute.
                So, you got it. lol. To be honest, I can’t remember what I wrote. I had been at the pub since it opened. Those bastards apparently over served me.

Comment

Also, it kills me that some media are using so-called “constitutional carry” laws as the impetus for this shooting. The lack of logic and reasoning is astounding.
                  That means the impetus is always put on a cold steel inanimate object and not on the hot blooded vacant humanity that actually commits the offense.

Comment

So, you got it. lol. To be honest, I can’t remember what I wrote. I had been at the pub since it opened. Those bastards apparently over served me.
                    pvo_M8bmmt-nZz9i1HGJiOsgxgJpAV8S-h95yPzo3SI.jpg?auto=webp&s=3d0328109b4edba0b0e83b0d3c7b7e591bdf5724.jpg

Comment

• lololol

Comment

• I remember I was at some pub that had American sports and there was an Ohio State basketball game live (which is a bit rare due to the time difference). They had postcards and whatnot in the corner. I know I mentioned that. What else, I’m not sure.

Comment

• The pub owner was a bit of a genius. He had TVs where he streamed FS1, ESPN+, and whatever, and advertised “come watch your American sports and have a pint and a whisky or two.”

Just a great way to get people in who are interested in watching bad basketball. You drink more when subjected to watching Buckeye basketball.

Comment

It’s interesting that we have had a number of shootings by people who identify as trans or nonbinary. It bears research, but we won’t because of woke reasons.
                            Maybe ESPN will look into that.

Comment

The pub owner was a bit of a genius. He had TVs where he streamed FS1, ESPN+, and whatever, and advertised “come watch your American sports and have a pint and a whisky or two.”

You drink more when subjected to watching Buckeye basketball.
                              Believe me, I am aware.

Comment

• If your contemporaneous recording can be trusted, you watched Ohio State beat the bejesus out of Sparty in the B10 tournament. However, I don't trust your perception, in the least, so it's just as likely, IMO, that you were watching some pickleball game with red and green colors vaguely on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X