Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I believe this is a relic of segregation and like Mississippi, Georgia used to have an effed up "electoral college" of sorts for statewide elections. It wasn't good enough to win the popular vote, you had to win a majority of the counties too.
    The borders of Georgia were pretty much fixed by the end of the War of 1812 yet they kept on creating new counties, almost always in rural areas, well into the 20th century. They were doing it to make sure the number of rural counties was significantly larger than "big city" counties. The system was abolished in the 1960's from what I can tell but the huge number of tiny counties remains. At this point it'd almost certainly be more efficient to merge some of them but some of those places probably have few significant employers other than the county.

List of counties in Georgia - Wikipedia

It's kinda crazy. Between 1905 and 1924, Georgia created 24 new counties. The last county created in Ohio was in 1851 by contrast.​

Comment

• So Chairman Poopypants' speech for re-election was based on the theme of "Freedom"...would that be freedom from unproven vaccines Joe? Freedom from getting fired for not getting said vaccine? Freedom of expression on social media platforms? What freedom would that be Joe? Please tell us again how MAGAMEGAMAGAMEGAMAGA is a threat to democracy and freedom...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz, here's a freedom I hope you take advantage of immediately. You have the right to remain fucking silent.

Comment

• 'Let's finish the job' Four more years of HELL!

Comment

Wiz, here's a freedom I hope you take advantage of immediately. You have the right to remain fucking silent.
            I do have that right. I also have the right to kick you in the vagina as well...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's an inaccurate reading of the 19th Amendment.

Comment

• Serious question for the loons here...name one...just one...accomplishment of the Biden Administration.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Crime? The border? Economy? Foreign affairs? Bueller? Bueller?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Serious question for the loons here...name one...just one...accomplishment of the Biden Administration.
                    He beat Donald J. Trump and made millions of idiots nationwide very angwy

He finished a 500 piece Garfield jigsaw puzzle in just a couple weeks.

Successfully bought back the easter egg roll after Trump BANNED IT in 2020. THANK YOU, JOE THE REDEEMER!

Comment

• Obama may have been a schmuck...but he was right...never underestimate the ability of Joe to fuck something up...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

He beat Donald J. Trump and made millions of idiots nationwide very angwy

He finished a 500 piece Garfield jigsaw puzzle in just a couple weeks.

Successfully bought back the easter egg roll after Trump BANNED IT in 2020. THANK YOU, JOE THE REDEEMER!
                        I stand corrected. Finish the job Joe.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Tucker rumors continue to swirl--supposedly he had a story he was running about Epps the day after 60 minutes does thir thing that mangement tried to stop

another rumor it was part of the dominion settlement--that black rock owns both parts of dominion and fox and wanted him out for a while for being so antiwar.

I see Make America Poor Again announced his presidency with his kid potentially facing indictment this week

Wonder if they can find 51 intelligence guys to blame his coming arrest on russian disinformation

Comment

• Whatever. Trumper.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              Tucker rumors continue to swirl--supposedly he had a story he was running about Epps the day after 60 minutes does thir thing that mangement tried to stop

another rumor it was part of the dominion settlement--that black rock owns both parts of dominion and fox and wanted him out for a while for being so antiwar.

I see Make America Poor Again announced his presidency with his kid potentially facing indictment this week

Wonder if they can find 51 intelligence guys to blame his coming arrest on russian disinformation
                              The bolded one is actually very funny. Some moron got confused between Dominion Voting and Dominion Energy. BlackRock own 7%, $59M worth of stock, in Dominion ENERGY. Nothing to do with voting machines. But this idiot's claim got spread by one of the biggest loudmouth's on Twitter and suddenly it's everywhere in the rightwing sewer-verse.

Dominion Voting Systems is owned by a private equity company called Staple Street. Not BlackRock.

Also BlackRock only owns like 15% of Fox Corp. A Shares. Significantly less voting power and shares than the Murdoch family.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X