No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many of the functional crazies are very good at hiding it and staying away from the professionals who could identify it.

They can be ID'ed. What's missing is funding for community level engagement and interventions. That is typically the role of Community Public Health workers. Where have these workers gone? Generally their jobs have been eliminated by cost saving measures at the state and county levels. If there are such folks that have actually been trained in the public health field they are underpaid and move on. I could probably find dozens of openings for public health care workers in Broward Co. alone. Well, the positions would be open but unfunded.

If I see a common thread in here its improving mental health infrastructure to engage and treat. That costs money and it's money that would be exceptionally well spent. Federal legislation is probably obtainable as legislators on both sides of the isle recognize improving a wide range of public health services is popular and could be achieved with federal grant funding to the states.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Many of the functional crazies are very good at hiding it and staying away from the professionals who could identify it.

They can be ID'ed.
      Jeff,

The functional crazies are exceedingly hard to identify. They don’t usually seek treatment and they don’t usually run afoul of the law until some precipitating event.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wrong. They are easily identified. They make ridiculous claims, like winning 5th place at the Tumbleweed County fair or that the Scots saved western civilization.

Comment

• Hahaha.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• DO NOT FEED THE DSL.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Jeff,

The functional crazies are exceedingly hard to identify. They don’t usually seek treatment and they don’t usually run afoul of the law until some precipitating event.
              I didn't say it was easy. It's hard and it takes money to build the PH infrastructure that supports effective community engagement. We're looking for answers to curtail the kind of gun violence represented by today's shooting. A robust public health system that treats mental illness is a potential solution.

Homelessness, mentally ill living on the streets or evading treatment and the gun crimes this cohort commits are unusual in several countries compared to the embarrassing number of these crimes in the US. Something that stands out in countries that don't have the rate of gun crimes that the US suffers from are public health systems that, in part, identify, engage and treat the mentally ill. These systems reduce homelessness and help to mitigate circumstances that facilitate violent crimes. Some components of these successful programs aren't practical in the US; some are. We should be studying them and funding the ones that work not throwing up one's hands or uselessly arguing about the practicality or impractically of more gun control. .
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff,

I’m not sure how we got down this rabbit hole, but…

What I’m saying is that the functionals, especially the functional paranoids, will not be identified by bolstered public health engagement. Mentally ill homeless are not the functionals. This girl (guy?, I’m not really sure) was a functional crazy. She/he had a job, a family, some education, no criminal record and no previous identifying event that would have worker her/him into the system - and she/he was not looking for treatment and nothing he/she did would mandate such.

Comment

• The shooter left behind a manifesto.

I’ll bet that it says “MAGA Trump wonl”

(Also — FTM trans confirmed by multiple outlets now)
                  Last edited by Hannibal; March 27, 2023, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I didn't say it was easy. It's hard and it takes money to build the PH infrastructure that supports effective community engagement. We're looking for answers to curtail the kind of gun violence represented by today's shooting. A robust public health system that treats mental illness is a potential solution.

Homelessness, mentally ill living on the streets or evading treatment and the gun crimes this cohort commits are unusual in several countries compared to the embarrassing number of these crimes in the US. Something that stands out in countries that don't have the rate of gun crimes that the US suffers from are public health systems that, in part, identify, engage and treat the mentally ill. These systems reduce homelessness and help to mitigate circumstances that facilitate violent crimes. Some components of these successful programs aren't practical in the US; some are. We should be studying them and funding the ones that work not throwing up one's hands or uselessly arguing about the practicality or impractically of more gun control. .
                    Well said and absolutely agree with you. Gun Violence is the symptom of the problem. I see no reason why the US cannot put serious study into what works with PH and see if it could/would work here. Are Americans not smart enough to figure out what would work for this country? It is a matter of poltical will, the money is already there without having to raise taxes.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• "Counting flowers on the wall. Doesn't bother me at all. Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo, now don't tell me. I've nothing to do..."

Most of the world (and this forum) is bat shit crazy....But I'll take the fall if the rest of you get your shit together.

Comment

• Comment

• FsRP5DrWcAEeuWq?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Yeah, it seems pretty clear that a former student of the school, who identified as trans and hated the school, exacted revenge on the Christians PRONOUN so hated.

I feel certain The Media won't cover this angle much more than in passing. I'm also certain some on the right will make this particular one-off much bigger than it is. BUT, again, we're talking The Media and that ginormous institution versus bloggers and youtubers and Tucker.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• FsQqOp6WwAQgW-M?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Well said and absolutely agree with you. Gun Violence is the symptom of the problem. I see no reason why the US cannot put serious study into what works with PH and see if it could/would work here. Are Americans not smart enough to figure out what would work for this country? It is a matter of poltical will, the money is already there without having to raise taxes.
                                By far -- and I mean by far -- the biggest predictor when it comes to gun crime in America is not gun control laws, gun density, or mental health programs. It's demographics. So bear in mind that whatever remedy you are talking about, it is a sledgehammer type solution that affects all of the citizens of the country, the overwhelming majority of which never commit a gun crime.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; March 28, 2023, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X