No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent you a postcard from the Vatican post office once, too. I’m sure they destroyed it, because I think I said something about “wondering why these people aren’t worshipping Lord Saban.”

I found out later that, unofficially, the Vatican post office won’t deliver what they consider ‘sacrilege.’

And that’s why Vatican City will never field a winning D1 football team.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Pius X declared the forward pass anathema in 1907 and really put the program behind the eight ball for decades. Even Vatican's II's reforms couldn't save it.

Comment

• And later Pius X tried to take credit for the “Hail Mary”.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Going way off topic but there's been recent chatter about censoring Agatha Christie's books to remove "offensive" content in them.

Without going into the merits of that, it's ironic that one of her most famous novels already HAS been censored, multiple times, over the decades. For the very first version sold in the US the publishers were like, yeah we're not calling it that. It'll be called And Then There Were None.

Comment

• Brand new unsealed charges. $40M in bribes!!

FTX's Bankman-Fried charged with bribing Chinese officials in new indictment | Reuters

Comment

• 8288138830250277821?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.babylonbee.com%2Farticles%2Farticle-10531-1.jpg&fb_obo=1&utld=babylonbee.com&stp=c0.5000x0.5000f_dst-jpg_flffffff_p500x261_q75&ccb=13-1&oh=06_AbG858fON-cekmUH49cO-BayQFTFYDKyMTLLOX1a7hfsQw&am
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• So basically in summary...rage when shown by woke/trans/progs/leftists...justified. By all others...insurrection/extremism/murderous/illegal.

Not too difficult to figure out.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, obviously that intolerant Christian school brought it on themselves with their rampant and illogical bigotry toward trans and alphabet people.

I'm sure Whoopey and Joy can explain it to us in a clear and concise way.

Oh, and yes. Its Trump's fault.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• well they won't explain it...they'll just ignore it.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I wish we could ignore you.

Comment

• You couldn't ignore me if you tried...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Going way off topic but there's been recent chatter about censoring Agatha Christie's books to remove "offensive" content in them.

Without going into the merits of that, it's ironic that one of her most famous novels already HAS been censored, multiple times, over the decades. For the very first version sold in the US the publishers were like, yeah we're not calling it that. It'll be called And Then There Were None.
                          thought they still called it 10 little indians.

so 40 million to china. sounds like he gave his entire fortune to everybody but his investors

Comment

$ 40,000,000 eh? The same amount he reportedly gave to the Democrats.

At least equity was served.

Comment

Pius X declared the forward pass anathema in 1907 and really put the program behind the eight ball for decades. Even Vatican's II's reforms couldn't save it.
                              Stop worrying about the Popes and start brushing up on the Saints. They're much more interesting - if only because of how most of them got martyred. Shakespeare couldn't write better endings.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

thought they still called it 10 little indians.

so 40 million to china. sounds like he gave his entire fortune to everybody but his investors
                                American versions call it either 10 Little Indians or And Then There Were None. Usually the latter in recent decades although that name has been around since at least the 1940's.

But the original name of the book was 10 Little N***ers. Even in the 40's that word was becoming socially unacceptable in the United States but generally not in the UK yet. The well-known poem in even the earliest US versions basically swapped out that word for "Indian" everywhere it appeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X