No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gun issue is actually fairly interesting if you compare, say, 1975 USA vs 1990 USA vs 2023 USA. Access to guns isn't particularly different. So, something changed. It's not say that 350 million guns (or whatever the number is) isn't an issue. That's easy to acknowledge. But, there is ALSO something else going on -- I dunno if it's the Columbine Effect or not (for real, honest-to-goodness mass shootings).

In any event, it's easy to acknowledge that massive amounts of guns are a problem in the US while also:

(a) pointing out that, unlike other countries, the US actually has a Constitional right to access guns;
    (b) arguing that the answer to bad people doing bad shit isn't to penalize good people. There were roughly 10,000 drunk driving deaths last year and roughly 13,000 gun homicides. We certainly aren't going to take away your car -- well, electric car! And the right to a car isn't even constitutionally proteted. We're going to punish the wrongdoers; and
    (c) the question will always remain -- identify and prove up the problem, propose a solution, prove up that the solution materially redresses the problem.

So, for people like CGVT and the Progs, (a) blocks their true desire. They can't confiscate all guns and prohibit further gun ownership. They can, of course, punish good people by making it more onerous for them to own firearms while, of course, not punishing bad people who illegally own firearms. Per (b), I would argue that's not a real solution. Or, they could propose a solution per the framework in (c). That's the best answer. But that's not what we'll ever get.

Instead, we'll get gang shootouts are the same as school shootings or, even better, gang shootouts with only wounded people are the same as school shootings. And for a solution we'll get ban all guns which, of course, is a per se non-starter so it is, in effect, a totally unserious, fake proposal. Anything to avoid doing the hard work of (c).
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      CGVT wants a police state...now it's clear.
      No. CGVT wants kids to be able to go to school and not be victims of mass shooting.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If a law abiding citizen's gun is used in a crime hold that person responsible. You know, if Bubba doesn't take reasonable action to secure his gun and he loses it, whether it is stolen or he leaves it on top of his truck as he drives away, and it is used in a crime, throw Bubba in jail.
        It ain't Bubba. It's Rakeem. Though, it's cute you think them rednecks are trading on the illegal gun market so rampantly. We all know who is going to jail if you bring the hammer down on illegal gun ownership and straw transactions.

Make all semi-auto weapons Title II weapons
        Handguns? Semi-auto rifles? I mean, isn't basically everything short of a twelve-guage semi-auto?​

Comment

• CGVT is more interested in drag queen rights than 2nd Amendment Rights...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• According to Progs just about every weapon is an assault weapon...it's a label they love to use...almost as much as MAGA...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BTW, I'm 100% for bring the hammer down on illegal gun ownership. If your gun is stolen or lost, yeah, man -- you got problems. And, if you're in possession of an illegal gun -- hammer down hard -- even if you haven't commited a crime w/ it -- fuck you, hammer down. And if you use an illegal gun in a crime -- serious ass enhancement. I'm 100% for bring the hammer down on this shit.

I'm 100% sure Progs are not for this. Unless they can send "Bubba" to jail.

Comment

• Well I'm ok with that too...unfortunately "Rakeem" is being released under the guise of "racial equity"...after his third arrest for armed robbery...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It ain't Bubba. It's Rakeem. Though, it's cute you think them rednecks are trading on the illegal gun market so rampantly. We all know who is going to jail if you bring the hammer down on illegal gun ownership and straw transactions.

Handguns? Semi-auto rifles? I mean, isn't basically everything short of a twelve-guage semi-auto?​
                  It is Bubba's failure to secure his guns. Some guns used in shootings are purchased legally, many, many are not.

Make it more difficult to purchase a gun, limit the type of guns that can be purchased and punish those "responsible citizens" who own guns that are not responsible.

And yep. Make anything that is designed to throw lots of rounds down range in a hurry a Title II weapon.

You know, like the amendment says, Well regulated.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Heil Hitler Der Führer!!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Things would improve if we would just enforce the laws ALREADY ON THE BOOKS...and start actually PROSECUTING THESE SCUMBAGS...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oddly enough, more people kill themselves with guns than kill others. And the older you are the more likely you are to commit suicide than be shot by someone else.

Gun Deaths in America, 2021 - Data Details - Injury Facts (nsc.org)

Comment

• I believe it.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Oddly enough, more people kill themselves with guns than kill others. And the older you are the more likely you are to commit suicide than be shot by someone else.

Gun Deaths in America, 2021 - Data Details - Injury Facts (nsc.org)
                            Yeah, and I think Japan has a much higher rate of suicide than the US. So the deaths by suicide are, IMO, irrelevant (it's the 13000 homicides that are it issue).

Comment

• It is Bubba's failure to secure his guns. Some guns used in shootings are purchased legally, many, many are not.
                              Again, this isn't really a Bubba thing. I mean, sure, if that shit happens, then fine. But it doesn't take a genius to see where guns are used to kill people and figure out it ain't Bubba's unsecured gun doing the damage. I mean, we know that AAs and Latinos are responsible for 75% of the "mass shootings" -- I rather doubt they're mostly using legally obtained guns.

So, I mean -- I guess you need to acknowledge that this would disproportionately hammer AAs. That's the reality, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. This canard that it's a "Bubba problem" is, well, a canard.

Make it more difficult to purchase a gun, limit the type of guns that can be purchased and punish those "responsible citizens" who own guns that are not responsible.
                              Setting aside the Constitutional issues, I'm all for punishing folks who act irresponsibly; I'm not at all for punishing people who at responsibly -- which is what the first part of sentence is entirely about.

Comment

• So I'm sure all the rich progs who have private security are all on board with getting rid of their guns....I mean...set the example...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X