No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals had a hold on American politics for 50 years, basically from 1932 to 1980. What changed?

Well, we made a big mistake in the 60's and 70's. We opened up the asylums and tore down the mental institutions. People can't be forcibly committed anymore. We just sent the loonies off with a banana and a baloney sammich and told em don't forget to vote. Republicans have done great ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Liberals had a hold on American politics for 50 years, basically from 1932 to 1980. What changed?

What happened from 1932 to 1980? Hmmm, let's see...

Violent crime spiraled out of control in all of America's major cities, the dollar lost over 80% of its value, stagflation became a way of life, the welfare state was established, divorce rates skyrocketed, the nuclear family decayed while out-of-wedlock births soared, academia got occupied by Marxists who turned our universities into indoctrination centers, Communism took over a huge portion of the world and crept into Central America, and legislation was passed that would permanently change America from a predominantly European country into a gigantic version of Yugoslavia or the Ottoman Empire -- except worse, because the different ethnic groups in those countries were far more culturally adjacent than, say, founding stock Europeans and Muslims who want to live under Sharia Law. We went from a country that could build the interstate highway system and put a man on the moon with government spending less than 30% of the GDP to a country that can barely build a functioning bridge with government spending at about 40% of GDP.

Other than that, it was great.

Liberals have more or less had a hold on American politics this entire century too, even when Republicans controlled the Executive and Legislative branches. From open borders to normalization of LGBTQIAXYZ1234!!! insanity, all of the shifts this century with the exception of repealing Roe vs. Wade have been stuff that Liberals want. The resulting malaise is our reward.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 2, 2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Heh. I don't like most of Ben Garrison's stuff but he's pretty good here..

353da8585fedfc0f.jpg

Comment

• States voting machine bought on Ebay
          ​​​​​​https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            The speech last night, good god. Not only the text but the whole dark stage with blood red lighting was incredibly stupid.

Dear lord, is this the best that America can do?
            Whatever, Trumper
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Did the West sabotage a peace deal between Ukraine and Russia back in April?

A recent piece in Foreign Affairs revealed that Kyiv and Moscow may have had a tentative deal to end the war all the way back in April.

“Russian and Ukrainian negotiators appeared to have tentatively agreed on the outlines of a negotiated interim settlement,” wrote Fiona Hill and Angela Stent. “Russia would withdraw to its position on February 23, when it controlled part of the Donbas region and all of Crimea, and in exchange, Ukraine would promise not to seek NATO membership and instead receive security guarantees from a number of countries.”

The news highlights the impact of former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s efforts to stop negotiations, as journalist Branko Marcetic noted on Twitter. The decision to scuttle the deal coincided with Johnson’s April visit to Kyiv, during which he reportedly urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to break off talks with Russia for two key reasons: Putin cannot be negotiated with, and the West isn’t ready for the war to end.

Comment

• *yawn*

Another day, another hate crime hoax.

https://spectatorworld.com/life/duke...el-richardson/

A Duke volleyball player was called a racial slur during a game. Like so many other racial slurs hurled at black athletes, only she heard it. (Isn't that weird? The only person who can hear the n-word is one black woman. I guess that's what Liberals mean when they talk about racist "dog whistles" LOL) Police (if there was anything remotely resembling systemic racism against black people in this country they wouldn't give a shit) have scoured the tape of the game and could find no evidence whatsoever of it. The fan who BYU banned from sporting events wasn't even in the section where the slur was supposedly coming from and was playing on his phone.

Her Godmother was actually the one who first reported the "crime".

Here is a snapshot of her Twitter.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-29-at-11.09.55-AM.png?resize=692%2C844&ssl=1.png

I won't torture you by posting all of the outraged reaction videos from ESPN, CNN, etc. Suffice it to say, they will never broadcast an apology or a retraction.

Comment

• Jussie Smollett much?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia

b55f4355c2435824.png

Comment

• He's not wrong
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's not the way he's saying it.

The Chairman is saying 'if you voted for Trump, you are a danger to democracy"

That's the message. They know it and they tried to walk it back on Friday.

They can walk it back all they like. Somebody wrote that speech for The Chairman, and he uttered the words. If he didn't mean that he should have told his handlers to rewrite the speech. He's the president, for goodness sakes. He doesn't have to say what his speechwriters write, if he chooses not to. He said those things anyway.

He categorizes 78 million people as anarchists and revolutionaries because of whom they cast their vote for. And he's not the only "Party" member who believes that.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic." - President Biden

Truer words were never spoken
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, I guess you better kill me now. Beat Hillary to it.

After all, we're all "maga" republicans. Kill us all. 74 million of us.

That will solve everything.

Comment

• 74 mil are not MAGA Republicans, but if the shoe fits...

Comment

• I guess its not up to me if the shoe fits or not. If I'm wearing a shoe, I'm a "maga". Worthy of death, I am. And a painful one at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X