Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Any fucking insurrectionist, regardless of political affiliation deserves to go to jail for a long fucking time.

Fuck these fucking fucks. Lock them all up.
    An "insurrectionist" wearing a ridiculous costume and carrying no weapons.

Like I said, it's pretty clear what your actual criteria are for who deserves prison. At this point, you should just admit that you share the same opinions on the matter as Hitler and Stalin and own it. It would be a lot more dignified.

Comment

• You break a window at a 7-11? Yes a few days.

You break a window at the US Capitol Building to gain access to try to stop the count of electoral votes?

Years. Fucking years.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Any fucking insurrectionist, regardless of political affiliation deserves to go to jail for a long fucking time.
        Does that include the Democrat operatives who launched a fraudulent Russia Collusion investigation in an attempt to force a lawfully and fairly elected President out of office?

Comment

• Good Lord.

312486774_434397138828454_5392906230105337167_n.jpg
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

I take it the answer to my previous question is "no".

Like I said -- you share Hitler and Stalin's opinions about what should be done with your political opponents. Just own it. Have some dignity FFS.

Comment

• Your interpretation of insurrectionist is beyond a reach and does not warrant an answer other that it is fucking stupid.

Comment

• Well, yes, in which case I'd argue that turning the FBI into a partisan secret state police is a far, far worse crime and one that threatens the foundations of a Republic much more than an unarmed clown walking around the capital building. It's obvious that you passionately hate the latter, and it's also obvious that it's not out of some principled commitment to law and order and the concept of a democratic republic. Just admit it and we can move past this and have intellectually honest discussions on the matter.

Comment

• While other's debate the definition of an insurrectionist and by extension if January 6th was or was not an insurrection, a word on Ukraine:

Following Thursday's missile attack on the Ukrainian electrical grid, The Ukrainian government of the affected Oblasts/Cities - Kiev, Liviv, Kharkiv, Zaphorizia - report that electricity has been restored to about 90% of pre-missile attack levels. The Ukrainians have become very agile in repairing the damage that these repeated Russian missile attacks inflict on Ukraine's power grid. Suffice it to say, the nature of the Russian warheads that are being carried by the several different types of them are limited in the damage they do because they are "point of detonation" warheads. The conventional blast radius is quite small. They'll do the job on a ship or in a warehouse loaded with ammunition stores but might knock down just one electrical cable suspension tower whose cable can be quickly restored to service.

Ukrainian military analysts note that Ukraine has been able to withstand these missile attacks for several reasons, one of them is that the Russians don't have sufficiently accurate targeting data to inflict significant damage to meaningful military targets or routinely hit critical nodes of Ukraine's power grid. This problem is made worse for the Russians because most of the "precision" cruise missiles they are using are anti-ship specific. For ground attack, they are shitty missiles for anything but a nuclear warhead - which is what they are actually intended to carry. Not yet anyway, and IMO, that's not going to happen.

The same Ukrainian military analysts say that Russia's terror tactics - specifically these missile attacks that purposefully target and blow up residential apartment complex when people are sleeping - intended to kill, mame and terrorize civilians are not having the desired effect - i.e., to force the Zelenski government to negotiate on Putin's terms.They are steeling resolve though. Russia certainly is not affecting desired outcomes on the battlefield either. They try but things have not gone well at all with the cost in terms of personnel and equipment losses very high. They still have not taken Bakhmut or made significant territorial gains westward from the current FEBA that lies across the Donbas (eastern portions of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts). That line of contact is essentially exactly as it has been since the late summer, early fall of 2022. Small villages and key terrain features change hands almost daily.

Putin knows but refuses to accept the reality that he is not going to achieve his latest downgraded objectives (seize and control the Donbas) and prevail over Ukrainian resistance in the short term. Unfortunately, there is no indication that he's ready to cut his losses and withdraw, at least to the pre-February 22nd '22 borders. Intelligence sources indicate that he's gearing up within his military-industrial complex for a years long war. He's trying to recruit more soldiers to fight his war and produce the military equipment that can restore the combat effectiveness of his currently badly degraded ground forces. One unique effort he has undertaken is directing large, state owned or controlled companies to form and pay for the equipping of voluntary brigade sized units (2-3K soldiers and 20 or more tanks) modeled after those of the Wagner PMC Group. Putin is treading carefully over mobilization and is turning to PMCs to surreptitiously increase ground forces without a draft or declaration of war that would be almost unanimously opposed by Russian citizens.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 10, 2023, 05:30 PM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jan 6 is pretty easy.

Trump told a crowd of people that they had to fight like hell and they hoped Mike Pence would have the courage to do the right thing.

They brought a gallows and chanted hang, Mike Pence.

Every single person that broke into rhe capitol building should go away for years. Trump should as well.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Still not getting the pic of the Trump kids.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

An "insurrectionist" wearing a ridiculous costume and carrying no weapons.

Like I said, it's pretty clear what your actual criteria are for who deserves prison. At this point, you should just admit that you share the same opinions on the matter as Hitler and Stalin and own it. It would be a lot more dignified.
                          Trespassing...yes. Destruction of property...yes. Insurrectionist...preposterous. Biggest threat to our democracy since the Civil War...laughable.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "I think China has been very sensitive and has actually invested a lot in their solutions to achieve their goals," U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said.

The twit that used to sit in the governor's chair in Michigan is at it again.

She's praising China for how they are dealing with the alleged climate crisis and says "America could learn a lot from them"

BTW .. China gets over 50% of its electric supply from coal powered plants, whereas the US gets 11% from coal.

Gennifer Grandholm . "one of the best America has to offer".

And Gretch is warming up in the bullpen.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Congrats, America. This is what you get when you elect Joe Bidet

ENERGY.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg

Comment

• 330155603_141571212160936_3482544817645685680_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-QjT_9FyNn0AX908Q05&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAVJbyE0VS3vIdIoon9n7ClyqY0iAjElrWd0v_l99yaaQ&oe=6411218F.jp

Comment

Working...
                                X