X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats yer point?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This has nothing to do with anything, but... Ha!

342976547_1292389674966618_8189275089745560210_n.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Curly fries or regular fries?

Comment

• Wiz,

The public bathrooms aren't an issue with me. Unisex bathrooms are fairly common in Europe. The biggest difference is that the stalls are a little more private there.

To your mall bathroom stiry: Would a really butch lesbian entering after your wife have elicited the same action?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We more or less have socialized medicine in the US. When you have a welfare state and a massive growing underclass who can't afford goods and services that are considered a fundamental "right", then the citizens of the country have both the right and a vested interest in asking who is coming into the country and determining whether they add or leech value. There aren't many doctors, lawyers, engineers, and other taxpaying cash cows coming across our southern border. Every single body that sneaks into the US (and probably a large portion of the ones who now come here legally) is one more body that you have to pay for with either your own health insurance or with your tax dollars. That's on top of the other major stressors that mass immigration places on the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Wiz,

The public bathrooms aren't an issue with me. Unisex bathrooms are fairly common in Europe. The biggest difference is that the stalls are a little more private there.

To your mall bathroom stiry: Would a really butch lesbian entering after your wife have elicited the same action?
              One of the funnier episodes of the whole trans zeigeist we're living in came last year when some conservative pundit (wish I could remember who) went on a rant about some airline "considering" unisex bathrooms. Thousands of people pointed out to him that US airline bathrooms have been unisex for...decades? I legit can't remember a time when airplanes had separate bathrooms for men & women. Maybe pre-deregulation, but that's before my time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                The Rs can't hammer economic issues because they haven't demonstrated any success in that arena. They have also largely co-signed the Democrats' expansion of the government and the national debt. They did have a lot of electoral success in 2010 and 2014, but they did nothing with it, so it doesn't really matter.
                Actually, the 2017 tax cuts exploded the GDP of the country, drove down unemployment to record levels, increased real wages, and increased individual freedom.

The three times in my life that the federal government cut taxes, JFK in 1961, Reagan in 1981, and Trump in 2017 all resulted in expanded GDP and lower unemployment. This is an easy case to make. The reason the Rs no longer have the high ground in the spending debate is that they are abject cowards too concerned with being re-elected to force spending cuts.

Let's watch the debt ceiling debate as we go forward. IF the Rs just let the ceiling be breached, the federal government has vast resources to pay the debts of the US. That costs about $560B yearly. Tax income comes to about $ 4 Trillion We have plenty to pay our debts. What the Dems would have you believe is that since we have committed $ 1.2 T toward green energy projects over the next few years that somehow is "money spent". It is not. No contracts have been signed, and no permits have been issued. There is also the little matter of the $ 500B or so that is unspent from the Destroy America Act. That could go directly into the treasury to "balance the books". The spending cap was instituted in order to bring about just such a reckoning as we now are anticipating.

And don't believe the "full faith and credit" on the US silliness. The greatest damage that the Ukraine war has done to the US is because Biden "confiscated" Russian reserves of about 700B. From that point, you have seen friend and foe alike hedging the dollar as the world's reserve currency This is massively harmful to the US. Yet you never see anything about it. Biden and those thinking for him are short-term oriented. "We will help Ukraine by ta taking Russia's reserves" or "well sell oil from the Strategic Pet Res in order to lower gas prices so we can win the next election".

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Wiz,

This was not a unisex bathroom AA. If it was...you enter at your own risk. This individual was walking around the mall and was...according to my wife...a "creepy dude wanna be girl". It works at a local grocery store and changed his name from Sean to Leah...and has been known for creepy behavior. So I had a heads up when it walked in...but I don't know what I would do...I guess I take each incident as they come but a chick with a dick has no business being in a womans restroom. If they want to have a mens, a womans and a unisex...knock yourself out...but short of that...if you have a penis...you go in one room...a vagina...the other...and if you are DSL...you flip a coin.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

This was not a unisex bathroom AA. If it was...you enter at your own risk. This individual was walking around the mall and was...according to my wife...a "creepy dude wanna be girl". It works at a local grocery store and changed his name from Sean to Leah...and has been known for creepy behavior. So I had a heads up when it walked in...but I don't know what I would do...I guess I take each incident as they come but a chick with a dick has no business being in a womans restroom. If they want to have a mens, a womans and a unisex...knock yourself out...but short of that...if you have a penis...you go in one room...a vagina...the other...and if you are DSL...you flip a coin.
                    I understand it wasn’t a unisex bathroom. I was just pointing that they are fairly common in other places.

I would think that a chick who tries to look like and act like a man (the butch lesbian) would be more troubling to you than the dude who tries to look like and act like a woman.

I don’t know. None of it is an issue for me.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Then they unexpectedly controlled all branches of govt in 2017. They failed to repeal Obamacare and never released anything resembling an alternative plan. That's because they didn't have one. They've never had one. They still don't have one.

People can fight me on this all they want but serious policy people in the GOP are an endangered species. The base today is not the same base that New Gingrich had or even the Tea Party of the early 2010s. Trump changed the base for better or worse.
                      Factually, the Rs did not have enough votes to override a veto in the Senate. McCain was to be the 60th vote for cloture. He renigged on his word. It is a repeated lie that the Rs could not stop Obamacare even though they had control of the Senate (and the House and the Presidency). This was only one instance of the 300+ times that the Dems used the filibuster to thwart the majority of Americans and their representatives. You know better than to use this canard, DSL.

I agree with the rest of your post. I would point out that Obama was the prime mover (and still is) of the emotional distrust that the D and R parties now have.

Comment

• The damage that Obama did to both the social and economic fabric of our country was immense. You're seeing the fruits of the Obama era right now. BLM was an Obama era creation. Race riots are part of his shitty legacy.

Comment

• Tucker Carlson Speaks Out After Leaving Fox News (msn.com)

Comment

• AOC cancelled Tucker. That's what she says.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Factually, the Rs did not have enough votes to override a veto in the Senate. McCain was to be the 60th vote for cloture. He renigged on his word. It is a repeated lie that the Rs could not stop Obamacare even though they had control of the Senate (and the House and the Presidency). This was only one instance of the 300+ times that the Dems used the filibuster to thwart the majority of Americans and their representatives. You know better than to use this canard, DSL.

I agree with the rest of your post. I would point out that Obama was the prime mover (and still is) of the emotional distrust that the D and R parties now have.
                              This happened in 2017 under Trump. There was no need to override a veto (which anyways requires 67). They didn't need 60 votes because they were repealing Obamacare as part of the reconciliation process, which cannot be filibustered. So they only needed 50 votes. Murkowski and Collins were already voting against it meaning the R's had to hold onto every other Senator and McCain broke from them.

McCain balked because the Rs had no plan to replace Obamacare. None. Their response to the millions of people who would lose their insurance if Obamacare was repealed was little more than shrug and a vague promise to figure it out one day. They had years and years to plan out a strategy so that everyone would have a safe landing and failed miserably. They only cared about eliminating a govt program. They didn't care what came next.

Comment

• There's pretty much nothing there. My understanding is he's still technically on the company's payroll. He just has been removed from the air. They're still paying him his salary and presumably will continue to do till the end of his contract unless he talks too much or tries to start up a new show. This is basically what they did to Lou Dobbs.

Based on other accounts it's unlikely Tucker was told much about why he was being fired. Maybe he has suspicions. I've seen a shitload of different explanations at this point from personal animosity from Rupert to Dominion fallout to worries about upcoming cases to the really crazy ones about, y'know, Blackrock got him fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X