Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    so what happens if your up by 22 points in the polls West Virginia against the democratic incumbent?

what with the DOJ do?

Maybe start the same crap as they did with trump

19114678395-1.pdf (justice.gov)

Also, this stuff has dogged the family companies for a long time. Justice was already getting bad press for all the unpaid fines and taxes when he ran (as a DEMOCRAT) in 2016.

Billionaire West Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Jim Justice Owes $15 Million In Taxes And Fines : NPR

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I've bought into the importance of culture war bullshit. I know it offers no high ground for the Left to fight from these days but cultural rot is a serious problem, IMO. Maybe I overstate it's importance but as an example, what's the first thing you hear when a new coach/manager/owner takes over a failing sports team? "We need to change the culture (for the better)". Look no further than the detestable Detroit Lions. They've been trying for decades because they know theirs' is a losing culture which invariably leads to more suck.

I'd much rather our culture be shaped by people who view the United States admirably rather than those who outwardly disdain it.
      This may be the biggest piece of bullshit that the Repubs sell and the right has bought into.

"We're doing this because we love our country" as if the "other side" does not.

The left loves this country just as much as the right, maybe even more so.

They left thinks this is a great country, but it should be better.

For everyone

I guess that is the difference..
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lol at Progs thinking it’s a great country. They openly say it’s a white supremacy country. Openly. Lol.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. In spite of that. We need to fix it.

Openly
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh my, damn Biden falls at U.S. Air Force Academy graduation ceremony. Im sure you can see the video anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Yep. In spite of that. We need to fix it.

Openly
              You can try to speak it into existence I guess.

And I’m fairly certain you actually like the USA but there are far too many examples of Leftist progs espousing their disdain for the country. See: my recent post about the student speaker at her law school graduation who said “I pray for the death of the U.S.” The right, for all its faults, doesn’t hold those views.

Comment

• Biden should be placed in concussion protocal and forced to not participate until passing a cognitive test (never).​

Comment

• They left thinks this is a great country, but it should be better.
                  Then why does the left make an enemy of anyone who embraces the phrase "Make America Great Again"... ?

If both progs and conservs were truly being honest, they'd agree that America is not as great as it used to be, and could be better. It could be great.

But the left uses this to describe their enemies, and to equate them with the worst, most vile people in the country.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh bullshit.

America is greater than it has ever been.

But I guess in the conservative mind, it was better when a woman couldn't get a credit card or open a bank account without her husband's approval. You know, like the good old days, back in the 60s when America was great.

Or it was better when we were able to keep those pesky colored folks out of our swimming pools or in the back of the bus.

Got it.

Comment

• Republicans go so hard in the culture wars, because when they actually put policies out of non culture war stuff their positions are extremely unpopular.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Lol at Progs thinking it’s a great country. They openly say it’s a white supremacy country. Openly. Lol.
                        The Federal government literally has to fake White supremacist attacks and blame them on non-White immigrants to help play up the fear of White Supremacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The Federal government literally has to fake White supremacist attacks and blame them on non-White immigrants to help play up the fear of White Supremacy.
                          Eddie Murphy Lol GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Comment

• America is greater than it has ever been.​
                            There's really no need to discuss this further.

If in your heart of hearts you believe that America is greater today than its ever been, you're just not paying attention.

Or, your being deliberately obtuse.

I guess I'll leave you alone to your private stash of Bud Light.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              With the culture “war” we need good people on the Left to step up and call it out as idiotic, too, but people become so entrenched in their partisanship that they cannot bring themselves to stop and denounce such things. It happens on the Right, too, but the Left have the most power with such things - I would have said the Left have all the power until recently, but the Bud Light and Target boycotts at least shows some signs of life at positioning the Right as a check to unfettered Woke lunacy.
                              Newsflash. There are no good people on the Left.

From race riots to open borders to child grooming to Covidstan to post-birth abortion to Drag Queen Story hour to corporate DEI programs, there has not been one single dissenting voice on the Left.. Not a single one. Ever.

That's why there are no brakes on the insanity train. It's up to us to stop it and then make sure that it never happens again.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; June 1, 2023, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Newsflash. There are no good people on the Left.

From race riots to open borders to child grooming to Covidstan to post-birth abortion to Drag Queen Story hour to corporate DEI programs, there has not been one single dissenting voice on the Left.. Not a single one. Ever.

That's why there are no brakes on the insanity train. It's up to us to stop it and then make sure that it never happens again.
                                Ever-Read-Something-So-Stupid.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X