Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    Thoughts on the electoral college?

People who don't live in one of the 7-10 battleground states don't believe they are a part of the election process and the presidential candidates only deal with issues that effect these battleground states. These battleground/swing states haven't changed a whole lot over the past twenty-five years and the people in the other forty states feel like their states and votes aren't as important as those in the swing/battleground states.
    No matter win or lose I'd rather have a parliamentary system. These campaigns take entirely too long and there is no mechanism to cut short an administration. I don't care for the Electoral college, but it is never going away. Gerrymandering is never going away.

Comment

• Have a cookie CG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• 'Merica! Spoke sour grapes to the libs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• It marks the point at which you started doing the thing you do now. Or maybe my memory fails. Maybe it wasn't the Easterbrook article, but I think it is. You blew up on me at some point and then did calm down for a while. Things have obviously descended from there, as it's been a few months of this thing where you call me a liar and accuse me of some sort of trickery. I've done my best to avoid calling you on stuff, because you really don't seem to like it and there's no point in this sort of thing. But I'd really appreciate not being called names or being called a liar. It gets a little old, particularly when I'm catching you in a lie.

Comment

• Jamie Dimon for Treasury secretary, just sticking it to the globalists.

Comment

• It gets a little old, particularly when I'm catching you in a lie.
              LMAO. Well, boy, if you want me stop calling you a liar, then stop lying. Heh. Classic.

You're justing funning now. No one can be that brazen. You got me.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                hack.. talent.. take a time out.
                Its going to be epic when those two finally kiss.

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• Right. Again -- I endeavor to stay away from commenting on your posts here as much as possible, and in retrun I would like you to refrain from calling me names or a liar. I'm not a liar, even with the silly little techincality you cooked up today. It's not too much to ask for you to follow the rules of the forum.

Comment

• If you don't lie about what I say, then I won't call you a liar. As you won't be commenting on my posts then I can't see how it would come up.

I'll even withdraw my assertion today, as you may have read my post too quickly to see that I obviously stated what you thought I didn't -- again, benefit of the doubt.

So, as lying, IMO, involves some intent, you may have had good intentions. In fact, I doubt you'd cut a post like that intentionally as you're a journalist.

So, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Now, we part ways.
                      Last edited by iam416; November 10, 2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• WM:

I'm in favor the electoral college. I like that states are free to award electoral votes as they see fit. I think it would be interesting to go a more pro-rata approach. That wouldn't change a great deal, but it'd bring more states into play.

I'm not sure how big a fan I am of California deciding the election. Or Texas. It'd be nice if more than 10 or so states weren't heavily tilted one way or the other.

Comment

• I'd rather hear Hannibal talk about The Blacks than this pedantic nonsense.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Algore was wrong. Fact
                              Wrong approach, Geezer.

Comment

• None of that makes any sense. I looked back after the last time you got shrill and accused me of lying and trickery, which you've done quite a few times in this thread, and found a little `trick similar to the one you used today, in which you call me a liar based on some sort of timeline that exists only in your head and you explain later, after creating such a storm. Today, I'm a liar because you didn't call me awful -- until the point in time at which you called me awful.

Whatever your reasons for this, I'll do my very best to refrain from commenting as much as possible on your posts, if that's what it takes to be treated according to the rules of the forum. If I do, I'll know what's coming.

That's it from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X