Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    It is a pipe dream that the tax code is simplified, Trump won but they have 51 senators. Maybe they get rid of the filibuster totally and ram crap through and it will be OK.
    I dreamed a dream in time gone by
    When hope was high
    And life worth living
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Emotions won the election, Birtherism and Hang that bitch got over.

Comment

• ent, the tradeoff of jobs for low taxes just doesn't work. It was a good idea at the time but two things happened: automation, and tax havens.

Comment

• So, we're over the cliff -- and probably waaay over it. No need to spend anything further. So, hopefully he'll kybash the EPA's determination that the air every sentient being and Geezer expels is a pollutant. So, that's a positive.

Are you saying the consequences of climate change are a have/won't have proposition? You don't think its possible to limit the damage?

Comment

• you have to eliminate the tax havens hack....

I'm not an expert in tax code, but f the system is changed incent corps to create jobs in the US over other locations, I'm probably not against it.

Comment

• Are you saying the consequences of climate change are a have/won't have proposition? You don't think its possible to limit the damage?
              I'm not saying it, Al Gore and a gaggle of others said it -- the settled science said it. I can only agree with the settled science. If you want to dispute the settled science, then have at it. But, the settle science says we're past the point of no return.
              Last edited by iam416; November 10, 2016, 12:54 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah if use the past the point of no return logic, why limit that logic to only climate change?

Comment

• The point of no return is BS.. the earth has warmed and cooled in the past. The air composition does change. Maybe it takes a 100 yrs, but it can/will.

If they mean we can't stop what is in motion, I'd agree. Doesn't mean that eventually it won't change.

Comment

• Yeah if use the past the point of no return logic, why limit that logic to only climate change?
                    Did I miss something? Is someone limiting application of the "if it can't possibly be fixed, then don't try to fix it" logic?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I'm not saying it, Al Gore and a gaggle of others said it -- the settled science said it. I can only agree with the settled science. If you want to dispute the settled science, then have at it. But, the settle science says we're past the point of no return.
                      If you don't want to talk about it with me, that's OK. But you know what I think of this.

Comment

• The point of no return is BS
                        I'm sorry, entropy, but the settled science says you're full of BS!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          you have to eliminate the tax havens hack....

I'm not an expert in tax code, but f the system is changed incent corps to create jobs in the US over other locations, I'm probably not against it.
                          Tax havens are sovereign countries though. Countries get to set their own rates. I don't think it's possible to eliminate tax havens. We're just at the outset of trying to combat the problem, and it's proven to be very difficult.

Comment

• I am full of BS, but so are they..

Comment

• If you don't want to talk about it with me, that's OK. But you know what I think of this.
                              LOL. You're awful. I guess you, like me, agree with the settled science.

So, I do know what you think of it -- you think the settled science is indisputable and that the world is heading for cataclysmic disaster and that there's nothing to be done at this point.

Fortunately now we won't try.

Comment

• hack... not suggesting it is easy or clean. agree, it's not going to be easy to solve. But I do think it needs to be addressed by both sides of the isle.

Comment

Working...
                                X