No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ellison is picked then I officially end my association with that party. Unfortunately, I can't possibly sign up with the other party. So, yeah, GREAT TIMES!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They been talking about repeal and replace for a long time with a heavy focus on the former and really nothing on the latter. It will be repeal now with the intent to replace in the near distant future, like 2080.

If they try to gut medicare, they shouldn't do that mealy mouth thing where they grandfather in current recipients or people close to retirement. If you are going to do it, do it for everyone right now. Make everyone try to pay for private insurance with some stupid voucher system.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Correct. It has to be repeal AND REPLACE.

Personally, I think the Ds should pick their spots, but by and large see what the Rs can do and make sure THEY OWN IT.
        Personally I think the Ds should do everything they can to help make the replacement bill the most effective and efficient system that it can possibly be. That is, after all, supposed to be their end goal.

Oh, look! A unicorn...

Comment

• Well, look, if they do what you think they're going to do, Froot, those are SIGNIFICANT bills that will absolutely be election issues. And if they're horrible, the Ds will win; if the public likes them, they'll lose. But they'll be running on a clear record providing a clear choice for the electorate.

Comment

If Ellison is picked then I officially end my association with that party. Unfortunately, I can't possibly sign up with the other party. So, yeah, GREAT TIMES!
            Grab your bong and head over to Gary Johnson's Puffin' Pad?

Comment

• It's not what I think, it is what Paul Ryan said he is going to do.

Comment

Well, if you boys are right about what the Rs will pass, then I'm quite certain they'll get throttled.

I don't subscribe to a massively stupid electorate though, of course, the Ds continued tremendous success with identity politic "groups" suggests otherwise.
                It will be interesting to see if they get throttled. Like I said, there's a (not insignificant) portion of the electorate that voted for Trump that just wants the sound bites. There's also a portion that is die hard Republican and will back whatever play is made. So how much is left over that will turn on these people if they sold them this bill of goods?

Comment

• Froot:

Yeah, I know what Ryan says. I'm more predicting what he'll actually be able to do. You seem to think -- and this is just how I'm reading your posts -- that he'll be able to do all or most of what he says. I'm skeptical on a lot of the stuff he wants to do.

So, maybe we're coming at it from different perspectives. In any event, if Ryan does the bulk of what he says, then the electorate will have a clear, issue-based decision.

Comment

If Ellison is picked then I officially end my association with that party. Unfortunately, I can't possibly sign up with the other party. So, yeah, GREAT TIMES!

welcome to the Libertarian party..
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                      Personally I think the Ds should do everything they can to help make the replacement bill the most effective and efficient system that it can possibly be. That is, after all, supposed to be their end goal.

Oh, look! A unicorn...

heh.. at least you're honest about it.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm with you Talent. It's clear that the two parties are both abandoning the middle. The R's left me long ago and now the D's are leaving too.

I may end up Libertarian although they tend to be fringe type candidates out here.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Truthfully I don't think anyone's heeded the middle in an extremely long time. Probably why the middle is struggling.

Comment

• Maybe there just isn't much of a middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              heh.. at least you're honest about it.

Comment

• What is the middle? people talk about it, but I think it's a catchall phrase.

Comment

Working...
                                X