Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    His own instincts and judgment are better than anyone in the world too, sure.
    Well he really does have a good brain. And he knows more than the generals too.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He's a stable genius.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

His own instincts and judgment are better than anyone in the world too, sure.
        I remember not too long ago when Trump's mouth was going to get us nuked, now we don't want him to deal with N Korea to denucularize their country

That's fine, he could cure cancer and our wouldn't be good enough, but do remember i took flak here for stating he was taking the only position that would lead to actual results.

Comment

• I'm going with Hack on this one. It's just too strange. Shit never goes down like this.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A one on one meeting with the POTUS has long been a goal of NK and it’s nuclear program. It shows his people and the world that they are the equal of the US. So mission accomplished.

I don’t care about that personally, I would talk with anyone but, I know there was a real hue and cry when Obama suggested he would meet with the Iranians.

That said, I hope it works. And I hope the NK does denuclearize. Of course, when they did agree to stop working on Nukes when Clinton was in office, they cheated on the deal and kept thier program. So, maybe they lie as much as the current POTUS? Who knows but I’m hoping for the best.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think we’ve established that NK isn’t as evil as PDJT, so they don’t lie as much as him.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• After Trump visits North Korea we're going to have to really up the budget for that military parade he wants

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  Dems and the media get this entriley wrong it's crazy.

Trump is trying to persuade N Korea to get them to do what he wants. The way to do that is to pace and lead that person. Pacing would be to talk to the leader of N Korea in the language he deals in, language he understands, which is why it sounds to odd to hear a US president talk about fire and fury unlike the world has ever seen. It's pacing, and it's working. North and South have opened up diplomatic conversations for the first time in 2 years, the sanctions Trump got China to agree to are working, and he spent a massive amount of time cultivating a close relationahip with China and South Korea, and Japan.
                  While the left is chortling and freaking out, we will see more success in dealing with N Korea than any other president with Trump.

For someone missing this, you are missing one hell of a show. Sad!
                  1/5/18

Comment

After Trump visits North Korea we're going to have to really up the budget for that military parade he wants
                    Nah, a Peace Prize will do just fine

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I think we?ve established that NK isn?t as evil as PDJT, so they don?t lie as much as him.

Fairly accurate statement, but the two are still about on par with each other.

Perhaps we should institute the medieval practice of enforcing any treaty with hostage taking. NoKo agrees to denuke and they keep Chump as a high ranking hostage to be killed if we renege on the treaty. We would have the opportunity to neutralize the two biggest threats on the planet in one fell swoop.

I'm not optimistic. NoKo has made dramatic offers or threats every 10 years since the Korean War. Actions, not words.

It's funny how the intellectual fruit flies are already bestowing Peace Prizes on the Orange Menace. Chump shakes his fist at the sky and Kappy is convinced he made the sun come up. Sheesh.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• What is certain is that Chump will use this as a distraction in an attempt to keep the Mueller investigation, Stormy whatshername, widespread tariff pushback etc etc off the proverbial front page. Deflect, distort, distract and demean is the self preservation policy of this regime. Its more of the same only with a new headline.

During Chump's burst-into-the-room method of announcing the SoKo's 7:00 statement, the POSOTUS turned to ABC's Jon Karl and said "hopefully, you'll give me credit". What an absolute shit for brains. Doesn't realize the magnitude of the situation or the potential consequences of failure, more concerned about being credited by reporters.
                        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 9, 2018, 05:01 AM.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Heh, Stormy

Comment

• Hitler did it during the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin; Un is doing it during the 2018 Winter Olympics in Seoul. Polishing their international images. No one should be fooled. The two regiemes have parallels with Hitler's antisemitism and white supremicist policies and Un's human rights abuses and unabashed authortarianism.

Clinton reached out to NK during his administration sending Madeline Albright to meet with Un's father. After the fact, it was all show and no go for NK but Kim Jung-Il achieved a major international relations coup by demonstrating NK was equal in international stature with the US. Like father, like son.

If I had any confidence in Trump to act rationally on the international scene and be interested in extracting the maximum concessions from NK, I'd be fine with this rapproachment but, I don't. His impulsiveness and egocentricism make him dangerous if the meeting he has gined up fails and he suddenly realizes he has been played. It's a risk/ benefit calculation that does not in any way favor the US.

When I commented yesterday evening that shit doesn't go down like this, I meant talks between international adversaries don't evolve without a good deal of lower level planning designed to insure apporpriate outcomes favorable to the international order. I don't think Trump understands any of this and prefers grandstanding.

State isn't even in the picture as far as we can tell and will now have to play catch-up and try to insure a meeting with NK doesn't collapse on itself and the egocentricities of two megalomaniacs who each have their finger on the nuclear button.

As Krstof opines in the NYT this morning talks are better than firing missles but still .....

For all the uncertainties, one can now envision a path forward between the United States and North Korea. It’s an exciting way forward — but it may be a dead end, at a precipice. I wish the path began with extensive discussions at the national security adviser level, and only after that, a summit, but at least it suggests a recognition on both sides that the way forward lies with talks rather than tanks.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Everyone knows the arc of history with N Korea and these promises made and broken. So we need to look at what is different this time

It's Trump

First off Trump is scarrier than other presidents we have had in recent memory. His unpredictibility leaves his enemies not knowing for sure how far Trump will take things. That's a massive psychological advantage. That advantage comes into play with not knowing what will happen to you if you agree to a deal and break the deal.

Trump is a different president, Kim knows this. He knows this administratuon isn't in the business of invading and occupying countries, he's an American First president. Kim will never give up his nukes unless he is certain that the US will not invade, and unless there was good reason, we wouldn't. Couldn't say that with Bush Jr. Hell, i wouldn't even believe Bush wouldn't invade, does N Korea have oil?

Trump is a rational deal maker. Hes not a ridged idological president and if N Korea is looking for the best deal they can get its right now.

And i would also add that Kim has said the dream of his father was the denucularization of North Korea. Might not actually be true, but once Kim said that it became truth for North Koreans.

I think this will go down the way i predicted for months, when the left was screaming about Trump starting a nuclear war.
                              Last edited by Kapture1; March 9, 2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                What is certain is that Chump will use this as a distraction in an attempt to keep the Mueller investigation, Stormy whatshername, widespread tariff pushback etc etc off the proverbial front page. Deflect, distort, distract and demean is the self preservation policy of this regime. Its more of the same only with a new headline.
                                Or the further gutting of Dodd/Frank. I'm not sure it's as much of a gutting as Bernie says it is, but it's clearly a further attack on oversight from a group that knows how to take advantage of such.

Comment

Working...
                                X