No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, Wingy. Those are great examples. If one wanted to press your argument.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      When you say police acted stupidly ect... When you openly support a group that encourages the murder of police then you are culpable for what happens, especially when you are the president. When you attend a memorial for police who have been murdered by BLM and say "it hurts when black peoples' concerns are dismissed by white people", you are engaging in hateful rhetoric. It's really not that hard to understand.
      If that's hate-filled rhetoric, then Martin Luther King was one of the most evil men to ever exist.

Seriously, Talent, is this an exaggeration on wings' part or not? Do YOU agree with him that that the bolded is incredibly evil and hate-filled?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If that's hate-filled rhetoric, then Martin Luther King was one of the most evil men to ever exist.

Seriously, Talent, is this an exaggeration on wings' part or not? Do YOU agree with him that that the bolded is incredibly evil and hate-filled?
            Correct on MLK, one only has to read his I have a dream speech. People focus on the crescendo of the speech, the first half is a call to arms.

Comment

• This stuff is 2+2=4 kinda stuff. Obama's right that there are hard numbers. We are all adults able to understand that it's possible for multiple parties in a debate to nurse grievances.

If this group cannot agree that 2+2=4, or that we can only acknowledge it in certain settings and only after some people have been coddled and placated, then it's not clear why to even attempt harder equations.

Comment

• I hate math

Comment

• Math loves you, WF.

Comment

• Totally random and off-topic but was looking at election stats and of the past 5 presidential elections in Ohio, which would you guess had the highest % turnout?

It was 2004: Bush v Kerry. Easily the dullest of the five. Surprised me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      This stuff is 2+2=4 kinda stuff. Obama's right that there are hard numbers. ......
                      Correct.

I think a while back we were discussing the militarization of the police. No longer a community law enforcement and protective service, it has become a para-military force. It's intimidating and more so within black communities than in white. So, there were then legitimate grievances surrounding this realty that, I think BO was talking about, in general, at that time.

....... still, I think that there is some juice to the allegation that Trump rhetoric has the very real potential to motivate the crazies (those with the right blend of MH issues in this case to act violently and/or lawlessly). That's probably a pretty small segment of Trump supporters although the media would have you believe Trump supporters are all crazy.

The logic that says Cesar Sayoc, a passionate Trump supporter, was moved by Trump rhetoric to mail pipe bombs to prominent Ds, therefor all Trump supporters will be moved by Trump rhetoric to commit violent acts against those who oppose or criticize Trump is a false equivalence for me. IMO, the lawless and violent acts based on one's disagreement over politics is a sad reality of our polarized republic.

I think talent and Hack would agree with me on this point.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Broward County Florida is heavily Democrat. How in the hell can this nut drive a U.S.S. Trump-mobile + plus hate filled anti Hillary Dem stickers without it being vandalized?

Comment

• Miami, South beach? I live in Fort Lauderdale and am in Miami frequently.

You are really asking this question?

BTW, Sayoc mostly lived in his van and parked it at LA Fitness so he could take showers and work-out there. If reports are correct, he had a carry permit and was armed most of the time. His van was equipped with various types of surveillance equipment. I think he might welcome an intruder or someone attempting to spray paint his vehicle.

According to reports of people who knew him he was scary violent and fucking crazy on a number of levels.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Gab has been (temporarily?) shut down as GoDaddy kicks them off its servers.

The synagogue shooter has brought this website/app into broad daylight. Many may have not been familiar with it. It is basically the Alt Right's version of Twitter. People who were too extreme for Twitter and either voluntarily or involuntarily left Twitter created this 'alternative' which would be a true "free speech zone".

As you might expect, it's a sewer of racism and antisemitism, and mainly people preaching to the choir. Robert Bowers was a frequent contributor. What's disturbing is right before it got shut down today, there reportedly were calls for copycat incidents. Its hard to know how seriously to take this sort of stuff but hopefully law enforcement is on top of it.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 28, 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• hate speech on the internet?!! QUICK, BURN THE CONSTITUTION!

Comment

• I think he might welcome an intruder or someone attempting to spray paint his vehicle.

I was thinking more of broken windows and such with all the stickers, but I guess his van was broken into in the past

Cesar Sayoc reported to police that his van was broken into outside of a gym in Oakland Park, Florida. He claimed that more than $40,000 worth of items were stolen, including $7,150 worth of Donald Trump-brand suits.

Also first registered as Republican in March 2016, falsely claimed Native American heritage

Comment

Working...
                                X