Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    ...... particular after a decade of being frustrated and humiliated
    With and asterisk son, an asterisk.

Now and forever more.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      With and asterisk son, an asterisk.

Now and forever more.
      2748 Days since Michigan last beat Ohio State. I can only begin to understand the agony you must feel. Even Cooper did better than that.

Comment

• Forget fishing for an assistant, or new recruits. Ohio State coach Luke Fickell spent part of yesterday preventing a big one from getting away.

Kyle Kalis, considered the top overall prospect in Ohio for 2012 and an Ohio State commitment for more than six months, summoned the courage to call Fickell.

Kalis, an offensive lineman from state champion Lakewood St. Edward, had no intention of delivering good news to Fickell, who took over Monday after Jim Tressel resigned.

"I already knew what I was going to say, that my family and I had reevaluated things and I was going to de-commit," Kalis said.
        Then a funny thing happened. He and Fickell talked for 56 minutes, and the word de-commit didn't come up until the end.

"I told him, 'Coach Fickell, the meaning of my call was to de-commit, but you talked me out of it,'" Kalis said.

Score the first recruiting victory for Fickell as a head coach. He likely will have more explaining to do in the coming months, if Kalis' reaction to Tressel's resignation is any indication.

Comment

• Like Rodriguez said ..... a soft commit; you know who our competition is.

Hats off if osu can retain this guy .... among others.

I know how important it is to hear some good news.

But, its a loooooooong time until February ..... a looooong time.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            I don't know that there is evidence that Tressel facilitated anything. He turned a blind eye absolutely and covered up the lapses. OSU obviously failed to monitor.

But it looks to me like most of the bad bad stuff was done by players acting alone.
            Real evidence does not show up until trial, right, counselor?

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            So we have a new slant on the osu mess .....

Rod Gilmore is quoted as saying (paraphrased) its too bad that a young black man (pryor) is taking most of the heat.

This remark is going to be widely misinterpreted and misconstrued. What he meant is that the buckeye nation has turned tressel (white) into a victim being victimized by pryor (black) ....... apparently, things have gotten ugly in c-bus with racial overtones. Gilmore is commenting negatively (and rightfully) on this.

That race has been injected as a factor in this situation by buckeye fans does not surprise me one bit.
            Ya, Pryor took advantage in what Tressel set up for him.

They are going down the chain to turn evidence up the chain. It is a legitimate question on what kind of training these kids had to stay within compliance of their scholarship.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Bruce was fired for 1) Not being Woody 2) Losing games the admin considered "winnable" 3) Recruiting struggled late in his tenure.

Of all the firings that's the only one I think OSU should feel badly about. It was handled extremely poorly and Earle deserved to go out better than he did. Cooper had it coming (not just for not beating Michigan) and Woody left them no other choice.
            Agreed DSL.

Cudos for having the balls to stay around here during these times. I do however, have to laugh at your guarded logic.
            Last edited by Malto Marko; June 1, 2011, 08:01 PM.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Given a stable situation Fickell will probably be an excellent recruiter. His problem will be no one knows if he'll be around in a year. He'd better be able to sell the program rather than himself

Comment

• Fellow sociopath wishes Tressel the best

Comment

• And Tressel was obviously better than Lloyd.

Lloyd won an MNC without cheating. Tressel never did that. Lloyd>Tressel.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    And Tressel was obviously better than Lloyd.

Lloyd won an MNC without cheating. Tressel never did that. Lloyd>Tressel.
                    Yeah nothing can tarnish that 97 trophy...not like there were any prominent players who may or may not have begun a relationship with an NFL agent while still playing for the Wolverines...a Michigan Man would never imperil his amateur status...

Comment

• While Pryor has brought much of this negative attention on himself, and he clearly is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that osu nation wants to turn him into a scapegoat for what's happened to Tressel is ludicrous. (if you don't think they are, watch some of the clips of these fans on various sports shows).

We heard all along over the last few months that Tressel was "just trying to protect his kids", yet now that some buckeye faithful have decided to tar, feather and rail-road Pryor out of town, we've heard naught a word from St. Jim. Perhaps his lawyers have advised him to shut his mouth, but he's not exactly sticking up for the poor kids anymore, is he?

He'll take care of numero uno, just like he always has.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                        While Pryor has brought much of this negative attention on himself, and he clearly is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that osu nation wants to turn him into a scapegoat for what's happened to Tressel is ludicrous. (if you don't think they are, watch some of the clips of these fans on various sports shows).

We heard all along over the last few months that Tressel was "just trying to protect his kids", yet now that some buckeye faithful have decided to tar, feather and rail-road Pryor out of town, we've heard naught a word from St. Jim. Perhaps his lawyers have advised him to shut his mouth, but he's not exactly sticking up for the poor kids anymore, is he?

He'll take care of numero uno, just like he always has.
                        Um, what exactly is he supposed to say? Hold a press conference to yell "Hey NCAA, leave them kids alone!!"?

Comment

• No. But that's a nice attempt at taking it to the extreme.

Even in his statement of resignation, Tressel still did not offer an apology, and he has yet to attempt to divert any of the attention away from the players he was supposedly trying to protect, except for that one, very lame attempt at matching their 5-game suspensions.

If he really wanted to fall on his sword, as some have speculated, he should have done a better job of taking at least some part of the blame. I haven't seen that happen yet.

Comment

• This really is the best schadenfreude ever. It's great fun to see them twisting and rationalising explaining away and in the process contradicting whatever it was they said a few hours ago. It would be fun to see these book thrown at the team of these idiot fans, but ultimatel, I do want OSU back on its feet soon and I want the rivalry to be a thrilling and close contest every year on a level playing field. A lack-of-institutional-control penalty and an ensuing 10-year-wilderness seems justified, or will soon given the pace of revelations, but once you factor in the sudden irrelevance of the Tressel era in the big picture that would mean a 20-year break from a meaningful game in this rivalry. That really weakens the quality of The Game.
                            Last edited by hack; June 1, 2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Not a big Paul Finebaum fan but ......

On his radio show today he took a call from a caller from Dayton. The guy was trying to take down the Dohrmann piece for using questionable characters to indict an upstanding coach. He asks, how is it that we believe a convicted felon who wants to diminish coach tressel.

Finebaum, a lawyer in his won right, interrupts the guy and says, SI gave tressel a chance to respond to the allegations contained in the Dohrmann article. SI gave osu a opportunity to respond .... what did they do he asks?

tressel folds his tent and leaves. osu officials won't talk.

Says a lot about the substance of the SI piece.

Says more about jim tressel.

Obviously, the caller was silenced.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                a 10-year-wilderness would pretty much mean a 20-year break from a meaningful game in this rivalry. That really weakens the quality of The Game.
                                No, The Game would be meaningful in that M has the potential of being able to wipe the floor with osu, reversing the undeserved 9-1 record osu achieved under cheater vest, on the filed of play with an appropriately diminished osu team.

Actually, may not even need that to reverse the record as its not out of the question that every game pryor played in as well as every win any declared ineligible osu player played in going back to 2002 could be vacated.

Rather like M's 10 year hiatus from college basketball after M self imposed a number of vacated wins and NCAA tournament appearances where the Fab Five played. Any one think osu will have the nads to do that? I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X