Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I'd quote Alabam"Alum" but he's typically wrong about everything in the most wrong way one can be, so I'll assume that's the case here.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And yet you read, and comment.

Anyhow, this is analagous to ethics vs. compliance obligations. One cannot make an article of incorporation feel shame, or assume it's mamma raised it right. Universities behave, in ways, like corporations, and in ways like people, who are expected to have a sense of right and wrong. Some universities, more than others, fail at this. Yours is a good example. The people that lead your university lack the ability to conduct themselves according to the ideals they are supposed to. The same is true for other universities, including Michigan. It's a matter of extent and degree. Michigan fails sometimes. OSU fails all the time. And regrets having to even try. That's why -- regardless of whether in this specific case the relevant conduct met a twisted, silly, shifting PR-driven standard or not -- you willl never know the joy of winning a clean championship.
      Last edited by hack; August 23, 2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Unfortunately, the investigators said that this was not enough. You can't rely on a police investigation, but rather must conduct your own.

Incorrect. And an example of yours and your university's moral inferiority. You must ensure that an independent investigation is conducted. If you have build a reputation for doing so in the past using your own people, fine. You have the credibility to do that. But OSU doesn't. Stacking half of the supposedly independent investigative team with your own trustees, and ignoring some pretty clear elements, doesn't add up, which is why despite there supposedly being nothing wrong here, you're a laughingstock for the obvious bad spin put forth yesterday. As Fauxpelini put it, "OSU investigated OSU and decided not to destroy OSU's football program". People see you for what you are.

Comment

• To get this back on the front page:

Season Prediction:

Comment

• And, of course, the team breakdown for AA:

QB: Dwayne Haskins. We saw his potential as he came into The Game and shredded Don Brown's vaunted defense. NFL-caliber arm, but he won't run the ball much. There will also be lots of eyes on Joey Burrow and how he does at LSU. Hopefully they both do really well.

RB: JK Dobbins and Mike Weber. Dobbins is the truth and Weber really added some speed last season. I think it's easily the best RB situation in the B10. I'd take Dobbins over anyone and Weber is only behind maybe Taylor.

WR: Austin Mack, Johnnie Dixon and Bin Victor. It should be interesting to see what good coaching can do for this group. Dixon had a nice year last year, but Mack and Victor are the more talented players.This group will be good if Mack emerges as a Michael Thomas type WR. It will be really good if Victor emerges as a credible big-play threat.

HB: Parris Campbell and KJ Hill. Campbell is lightning with the ball. The problem, of course, is that his hands aren't so great. But, he does will with short passes and swing passes (not so much running under deep balls). He's an ideal H-Back in the mold of Jalin Marshall with more speed and not quite so much wiggle. KJ Hill is electric, too, and will see plenty of time.

OT: Isaiah Prince. Two years ago he was a trainwreck. But he's really worked hard and come along. Now he'll actually get drafted.

OT: Thayer Munford. They love Munford. He was sort of a last second addition to the 2016 class (I think). He's an Ohio kid that they get on simmer for a long time before finally pulling the trigger. They love his feet and think he can be a star. I'm fairly certain Nicholas Petit-Frere is ready to go, even as a true frosh, if either gets hurt. NPF will be a first round draft pick in two more seasons, barring injury.

OG/C. So, this a bit tough. I feel pretty good saying that Brandon Bowen will start at OG (if healthy). And I'm certain Michael Jordan starts somewhere. The question is whether it's at G or C. Brady Taylor could be the C, but I'm not so sure they trust him...at all. If Brady Taylor can't perform, they'll move Jordan to C and start Demetrius Knox. Knox is a known quantity at this point -- he's thoroughly average, which may be better than Brady Taylor.

DE: Nick Bosa and Chase Young. So, first, they'll rotate a ton of players. Jonathan Cooper, e.g., should get tons of time. But back to Bosa and Young. Holy fucking hell. Bosa we all know about. He's a top 10 pick and plays that way. Young managed to get time in a stout rotation as a true freshman last year. He's going to be a top 10 pick in the 2020 draft. He's a kid UFM beat out The Nick for, and he's pretty much that hellraising, unblockable DE that Alabama seems to have in spades.

DT: Dre'mont Jones and Bob Landers. I'll do the rotation last for this group. Jones is, ummm, really good. He should get drafted in the first 2 rounds. Bob Landers isn't NFL-sized, necessarily, but he's a lightning quick, low to the ground package of hate and terror. He was another late offer Ohio kid. I watched him play in the D1 title game against St. Ed's and their abnormally gigantic HS line and consistently unblockable and getting 2 steps of penetration before the hand off nearly every play. Great little player. In addition to Landers and Jones, they can run in Auburn transfer Antwuan Jackson, who I think will be really solid, as well as Davon Hamilton -- who played some last year. Plus you have the young pups -- Haskell Garret (Landers-esque) and Tommy Togai -- true frosh that is every bit the big ol' Samoan run stopper with double take quickness that you can imagine. I think Togai will play as a true frosh.

LB: Tuf Borland, Baron Browning, Malik Harrison, ?. It's not all milk and honey. LBs are a bit of question mark. They love Borland and he would have played a lot last year but for injury. They love Browning and his freakish athleticism -- and he's getting it. But they both play MLB. So, does Browning step out? Malik Harrison is probably good enough to produce solid play and then you have the likes of Dante Booker, Keandre Jones and...hmmm.....a bunch of other guys who will produce inconsistent play. I rate this as a real concern. If Browning lives up to this talent then they should be ok.

CB: Damon Arnette, Jeffrey Okudah and Kendall Sheffield. Arnette and Sheffield are both good, solid CBs. Okudah is a potential star. I don't usually worry myself about OSU DBs, but this is the first year with Coombs, who turned out to be a maestro. Hopefully they're able to keep to train moving. Also in the mix -- Shaun Wade.

S: Isaiah Pryor and Jordan Fuller. I think these two are pretty well set and I like them both. I may like Fuller a little more, but I think they're both pretty good. Amir Riep is a solid backup. I could also see Tyreke Johnson (true frosh) earning playing time in the Nickel.

K: The Nurenberg Trials. Yes, I still miss Mike Nugent.

P: Not Cameron Johnston. That's a big loss.

Comment

• I am always right. Never wrong. The one time I thought I was wrong, it turns out I was mistaken. So, still batting 1.000!
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Especially about Missouri ^

Good stuff Iam. Clemson, Ohio St, and Bama (assuming they reload D again) are soooo elite.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was right about Mizzou! Never doubted that.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thanks, Cody.

I wouldn't put OSU in the with Alabama and Clemson, though. And I think in the very near future Georgia is going to be in that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      I was right about Mizzou! Never doubted that.
                      Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Thanks, Cody.

I wouldn't put OSU in the with Alabama and Clemson, though. And I think in the very near future Georgia is going to be in that group.
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; August 23, 2018, 02:55 PM.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• The OSU report is much worse than any of the McHenry reporting. Meyer has run a much tighter ship at OSU than he did at Florida and that was his saving grace. Had there been other incidents in Columbus prior to this, he wouldn't have survive in my opinion.. I'm not sure he would have survived if the report came out before they made the decision on him.

On the bright side, Meyer's conduct in this investigation shows he could easily transition to succeed Sarah Sanders should he get the ziggy.

Comment

• If OSU was not a championship contender not sure Meyer would have survived. Winning is the only thing saved him. 3 games is just a slap on the wrist.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• 3 games is far more than he deserved. But, ask Bill Munny: Deserving's got nothing to do with this.

Comment

• Yes, never thought I could agree on the Ohio State side. Unreal.

Liberal media are scum.

Comment

Working...
                                X