Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leach? Love the guy. Would also love to see osu turn into Air Coryell.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He is a great coach, and given the benefits of coaching at OSU, he would win big for the Bucknuts.

And he's hilarious.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He would kill at Ohio State.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The problem is admin types don't like he. He's hard to corral. And he says whatever crosses his mind. Remember when he tore into officials at TTU after the Texas game. He's done something similar at WSU this year.

Comment

• Correct
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The pattern with Meyer does seem to be repeating itself. We'll see how that goes. That only reinforces the massive urgency of winning this game. It would be a permanent stain on Michigan's record were he to walk away undefeated in The Game. Even with the insanity in '16. I would like to believe that that this period will endure at the AD/Prez level in A2 as a reminder of the importance of competent management of one's golden goose and the dangers of nepotism, but I don't think we can assume that kind of lesson-learning ability.

Comment

• I'm not sure about a pattern. He coached non-stop from 1985-2010. He only left one job for health concerns. I'm not sure 1 is a pattern. I'm not really sure 2 is much of a pattern.

Anyway, I hope he stays.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• You're right - not quite a pattern. Shouldn't have been expected to stay more than 5 years at BG or Utah.

I hope he stays too, because I want the chance to beat him more, but I've always felt like he wasn't going to be a ten-year hire. I think I've said in the past he'd be a five-year guy. Not going on anything hard here, but he just doesn't have the look of somebody who sustains in the same place.

Comment

• Hmmm. I thought 10 at the outset. I think most M fans were of the 5-6 variety. I know I thought longer than 10 after last season -- 15 at least. So ending at 7 would be a disappointment. Regardless, it's speculation upon speculation at this point. As I said, the only reason I even mentioned it is because Pete Thamel generally doesn't write something that doesn't have some sort of sign off from UFM.

But, if all he's doing is speculating based on UFM sideline reactions, then it's worthless. I mean, if you put a camera on him for the whole of the 2006 Florida-Ole Miss game you'd see the same shit.

Comment

• As I said, the only reason I even mentioned it is because Pete Thamel generally doesn't write something that doesn't have some sort of sign off from UFM.

I see your point. The media buildup about it reminds me of last time too. Which is not to suggest it's a farce. It's easy to believe, regardless of whether he uses unsustainable and unsavory tactics off the field, that he could be the kind of person who just pushes himself so hard that there are consequences physically. And that he needs a break now and again.

Comment

• Hack, I believe you're assuming that the admin at osu did not handle their golden goose football program well but you and I might differ regarding the details.

Certainly they screwed the pooch with the ZS affair but my take is that in the management of the process after the story broke on Twitter, they managed to screw ufm to the point he may leave. I wouldn't blame him if he does.

osu's admin managed to raise a soap opera involving the personal affairs of a football program employee to the level of a national scandal and a self inflicted indictment of their institution as fostering a culture of brutalizing women. osu managed to take down a central figure that runs a football program that helps to define their institution. They did this with very little gain to their own prestige to assuage a small but very vocal group of outraged women. Stupid.

The era of outrage among sexually abused women was a perfect one to magnify the seriousness of ZS affair beyond what it should have actually been. Once it was decided to undertake an investigation the outcome was predetermined by an antagonistic sports press looking for a titillating story and by nature of the outraged crowd they were attempting to appeal to. IMO, the failure of the osu admin to recognize the risks of playing to this circumstance, allowing it to drive decision making, was a serious error in judgment.

Despite whatever errors in judgement or flaws in character one might find in urban meyer, he is fundamentally a somewhat flawed individual ....... mostly like the rest of us. His errors in judgement in this affair are greatly outweighed by who I believe he probably is and the value he added to the football program and to the university. He was and is a great mentor to young student athletes and I believe the record shows he never condoned or encouraged the kind of behavior he was wrongfully accused of. That he was pilloried, and in such a public way, by the institution that greatly benefited from his enormous contribution to the prestige of the university was just plain dumb.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Whenever hack mentions golden goose and nepotism he's criticizing M.

Comment

• Urban Meyer to USC!

Comment

• Talent is correct about what golden goose and nepotism mean when I mention them. I'm still completely amazed at the stories of how Rodriguez, Beilein and Hoke were hired. Schools of management should be picking through John Bacon's books for years talking about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X