Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington is better than that turd of a Bearcat team.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, and I think some at OSU would have truly fucked him over if it weren't for the monumental backlash that would have come from the fanbase. The whole thing was fucking ridiculous.

In hindsight, very brief hindsight, can you imagine the epic marketing for The Nick-UFM, The Final Chapter?

I guess that can wait until he's running roughshod over the P12. He may literally never lose a regular season game at USC.
      If he goes to USC after Lameduck Clay is, of course, fired next year, he will be the first coach to win a NC at three different schools.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, he's only 54. I think he's the same age as HARBAUGH!!!! He has another 8-10 good years in him for sure. That's one more ride. And why not go to USC? I can't imagine the fucking damage he'd do at USC.

Of course, maybe screaming Brian Kelly takes an NFL job and Notre Dame opens up.

I hope it's health-based. I'd hate to see him leave OSU all up over some bullshit. And I'd hate certain members of the BoT and President Drake even more. But, unlike asshat Croc fans, I wouldn't begrudge UFM. I mean, fucking hell...85-9, 7 straight shared or outright Division Titles, 3 conference titles (out of 6 possible) and 1 national title. And, of course, ripping out M's still-beating heart and throwing it on the grill two weeks ago.

Comment

• Urban at USC is scary. It would make the Pete Carroll years look mediocre in comparison.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The way things go, The Nick will finally decide to retire in two years and Alabama will hire UFM.

But, yes, UFM at USC is very, very bad for CFB. Well, to the extent that USC being very, very good is very, very bad.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                The way things go, The Nick will finally decide to retire in two years and Alabama will hire UFM.

But, yes, UFM at USC is very, very bad for CFB. Well, to the extent that USC being very, very good is very, very bad.
                That would be awesome - especially since so many people believe that assclown Dabo is our coach-in-waiting.

Comment

• For sure. I was surmising a move to the NFL on his part. He'll never get fired. He just made the CFP FFS. That buys him another 8-10 years.

That would be awesome - especially since so many people believe that assclown Dabo is our coach-in-waiting.
                  The reaction from Florida fans would be almost be worth it.

Comment

• Kelly would only last a couple of years in the NFL and he knows it.

Comment

• Of course, the one recruit this definitely affects is Jordan Battle. And that, of course, inures to the benefit of The Nick. Kid is going to be a superstar. His family loves UFM and would have been at OSU if he was still coaching.

2020 recruiting will be interesting. UFM was in great position to land another epically good class -- another 10 top 50 players type deal.

Comment

• Brian Kelly is nearly Jesus in South Bend and he enjoys that. Until he starts losing 3-4 games a season, he's a Domer.

Comment

• I agree on both points re Kelly -- he knows the NFL would wreck him and he knows ND will never fire him.

So, I guess that leaves USC. I guess, in theory, the worst case scenario is Penn State. But that means Franklin would have to go somewhere. And that means a school would have to take Franklin over UFM.

Wait...HARBAUGH!!!! goes to Green Bay! Fortunately, M would never hire UFM. Whew.

Comment

• Wrong Harbaugh going to Green Bay though.

Comment

• Cris Carter is pretty close to UFM. That's no joke. His comments today certainly suggest, very strongly, that this really is Occam's Razor:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Thamel said he "thinks" UFM will end up with some position in the University. Again, Thamel is, more or less, UFM's mouthpiece. That would certainly suggest he's moving away from coaching for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X