Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a cyst on the brain that surgery hasn't fixed and it keeps getting worse, I'm not sure there is a way to return. I kind of thought he would go for a few more years and ride off into the sunset because of this. It seems like taking on a rebuild at some tarnished football factory is going to be a lots of uneeded stress.

Comment

• Last edited by Cody_Russell; December 4, 2018, 12:05 PM.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If you have a cyst on the brain that surgery hasn't fixed and it keeps getting worse, I'm not sure there is a way to return
        Yeah, that's where I am. I actually believe it. He may make a sucker out of me, but we'll see.
        He called plays all year. UFM told my boy CC that he thinks Day is the best OC he's ever had. So, suck it Mullen! Suck it Herman!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meyer hasn't looked physically well this year. and Shelly crying and really emotional after a blowout win after the Michigan game struck me it. Could it be his last game at the shoe? I brought this up to DSL and he said something about Trump.

I do wonder if his issue is somehow affected by stress levels. Or is his ability to deal with it better when he is less stressed and going well. Maybe mentally he can cope better drugs, increased serotonin, mental willpower when all is rosy in his life. That would explain why he started having issues when things weren't going as well at Florida (off field issues, getting pantsed by Saban), then improved when he removed himself. Seems to be a similar pattern here and all fits within the story of his health issues, but leaves room open to believe that maybe he isn't as mentally strong when times aren't great.

I can't stand Meyer, couldn't when he was at Florida either. Think he's one of the most disingenuous people alive. But I think the health issues are real.

Apparently Meyer called Mack Brown this morning at 6:00 am and told him he was retiring. Supposedly he also questioned Mack about why he would want to get back into coaching. Is that Urban thinking Mack's nuts, or Urban fishing for info that may relate to his situation and possible future situation. No way to know the motivation behind the call/question. But the logical thinker in me thinks Urban believes he is done and doesn't see himself coaching again. Whether time away changes that or not will remain a question that can't be answered today.
          Last edited by WingsFan; December 4, 2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Well, whatever decision he makes today isn't necessarily the last word on it. He'll be fielding lots of offers, and a year off may change his perspective. Or it may not. I don't know.

WF, what's the basis for saying he's the disingenuous people out there? I myself don't know. I know about OSU as an institution, and I know about the Rodriguez/FL stuff, but otherwise Meyer himself isn't a guy on which you can pin a ton. Which could have been said for Rick Pitino too a year ago, FWIW. Just curious as to what your thinking is there.

Comment

• Meyer hasn't looked physically well this year. and Shelly crying and really emotional after a blowout win after the Michigan game struck me it. Could it be his last game at the shoe? I brought this up to DSL and he said something about Trump.

I do wonder if his issue is somehow affected by stress levels. Or is his ability to deal with it better when he is less stressed and going well. Maybe mentally he can cope better drugs, increased serotonin, mental willpower when all is rosy in his life. That would explain why he started having issues when things weren't going as well at Florida (off field issues, getting pantsed by Saban), then improved when he removed himself. Seems to be a similar pattern here and all fits within the story of his health issues, but leaves room open to believe that maybe he isn't as mentally strong when times aren't great.

I can't stand Meyer, couldn't when he was at Florida either. Think he's one of the most disingenuous people alive. But I think the health issues are real.

Apparently Meyer called Mack Brown this morning at 6:00 am and told him he was retiring. Supposedly he also questioned Mack about why he would want to get back into coaching. Is that Urban thinking Mack's nuts, or Urban fishing for info that may relate to his situation and possible future situation. No way to know the motivation behind the call/question. But the logical thinker in me thinks Urban believes he is done and doesn't see himself coaching again. Whether time away changes that or not will remain a question that can't be answered today.
              He's a coach. He'll always be a coach. IMO, it's a certainty he'll get the itch again.

However, I can also say with some actual certainty that Ohio State is his legacy and his so-called dream job. This is the job he coveted. And there's only one of those jobs and you just can't get it back whenever you feel like it. I think you only leave that job at 54 if you feel like you're legitimately unable to continue. I also don't think he'll do do TV like he did after Florida, but rather stay at OSU in some sort of ginned up capacity.

Cris Carter said UFM told him he felt like he had about 4 more years left in him. It may be that the clusterfuck this summer and the shitfest defense this fall put him in a stress zone that expedited the timeline. But, I personally believe his health stuff is entirely legit.

Comment

• I know about the Rodriguez/FL stuff

Your referring to Hernandez? Yes, there is a long list of why I feel that why about Meyer (I will post later).

Wow so many rumors that hes miffed and going to SC in 2 years?

Comment

• Hernandez, right.

Feel free. I'm far more certain about OSU as an institution than I am about Meyer as a person.

Comment

• It was only a matter of time before the Bianchi Prime bullshit came out. Should be fun.

62-39. No. Fucking. Excuses.

Comment

• Taking quick break from work today -

I didn't want it to end this way. I wanted Harbaugh to beat him on the field, having said that - this is the best thing that could happen to Michigan and Harbaugh. I wanted to post the history of HC who followed a legend and its not good. Bo, Bear, Lou ect...

Comment

• Does UFM count as following a legend or does the Year of Fickell nix it?

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Agreed -- wanted Harbaugh to beat him on the field. When the streak ends, it will be less satisfying. Is what it is. I just don't know if Meyer himself rises to that status to which you've elevated him. I wouldn't be surprised at all. He was at a school willing to tolerate many things. I just don't know myself.

Comment

• Right. I means as matter of statistics it's almost impossible to find two unicorns in a row. It's why M fans are so galled by the Tressel==>UFM transition while they mucked around with clowns.

To that point, I didn't think UFM would match what Tressel did. I was wrong. I feel much better about predicting that no one would match what UFM did -- 85-9. That's tough. So, the question isn't whether OSU will take a step back from UFM, it's whether they'll take enough steps back from UFM to drop back to be on par with the likes of Penn State and M.

Comment

Working...
                                X