Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU vs. fNW for the B1G

Not sure the B1G gets an auto bid now. Only hope is for OSU to steamroll the rest of the season. But fNW will be a problem. Guaranteed.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think NW will give them a struggle. It certainly won't be a blowout. OSU will have to bring their "A" game. They'll be coming in off a 50+ point win over Michigan, so they'll be ready.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Indiana can push OSU...trust me...fNW can as well...not saying they will win but Fitz can fucking coach...and he knows how to keep it close...way too early to predict but I could see a 17-14 slugfest...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I mean, who wouldn't want to see NW make the Playoff ...

NW and Ohio State played in the B10 championship game in 2018. It was close at some point, but Ohio State eventually pulled away. This NW team is better than 2018 though.
          Ohio State probably wins it again.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You need to forget what you saw from OSU yesterday.

That was an anomaly.

They've had their bad game of the year, and now that's over. Its back to smashing opponents into oblivion, and it begins next week in Champaign/Urbana.

Brandon Peters vs the OSU defense. LOL

We've seen this before.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• See, I think it very possible that if NW wins (they won’t), you’d see Oregon or USC in the CFP if undefeated.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Or Cinci, maybe BYU.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When UFM retired and CRD was hired one of the big gains was Justin Fields. That has generally worked out well even taking into account his puzzling decisions yesterday. One of the big losses was Jordan Battle. He loved UFM. He was set to come to Ohio State and I'm fairly certain UFM would have held off The Nick. Unfortunately, when UFM retired, Battle flipped to UAT and Ohio State's DB recruiting took a hit. You just can't replace a kid like that at the last second.

Jordan Battle would be really nice to have right about now.

Coaching-wise, I'm not sure on the transition from Hafley to Coombs. They were so good last year under Hafley. Of course, they started NFL-level talent at every position. Literally, I think that entire defense will end up drafted. This year, man. There's some really fucking clownshow moments. I don't mind Fryfogle beating Wade on an "arm-punt". I do mind multiple gross coverage busts that led to ginormous plays.

Offensively, I'm not sure what the OL is doing. Again, I don't mind if they just get whipped by an edge rusher, but the periodic mental disasters are inexcusable.

Yesterday was about as bad as they could play just in terms of sheer mental preparedness. And some of the offensive play-calls were also just terrible. That should have been something like 56-28. IU gets theres and OSU just scores whenver they want. But, a combination of several driving-killing penalties (dubious calls, too), awful JF decisions and the occasional evaporation of the OL meant they didn't score as much as they should have.

Awful in every regard. They can probably win out to the CCG (although, CADE!!!!! will put 60 on them). They might be able to scrap past nFw on sheer talent. But, dear god, they are going to get obliterated if they make the CFP.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I guess I can try to balm my ailing soul with the thought that Ole Miss smoked the fuck out of UAT's defense and UAT looks invincible at the moment. But, that really doesn't do it. Illinois is going to put up 28+ and I'll waste another 3 hours of my Saturday aggravated because a game that should be a 40 points blowout is a two-score shitfest.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Battle had a pick-six yesterday.

TOSUC will be fine. Bama has real defensive flaws. A mobile QB is kryptonite. Throw in a mobile QB who can throw accurately? It will be ugly. Watch the trouble we have with Bo Nix next week. And he isn’t known as an accurate passer.

On the injury front: Bama, of course, lost Waddle for the year. His back-up, Slade Bolden, went to the tent with an injury (ankle) and did not return. Also, our only TE who understands that he is eligible to catch a pass (Miller Forristall) DNP from his numerous nagging injuries (knee, shoulder).

Comment

• Don’t think the committee would ever leave out an undefeated B10 champ. Even if it’s NW.
                        Undefeated NW gets in before undefeated BYU or Cinci.

Iowa was close to making the Playoff the year they lost to Sparty in the B10 championship game.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don’t know. If it comes down between undefeated Oregon as PAC-12 champs vs Northwestern? I just don’t know. It will be interesting to see how the AP ranks them today.

But, really, it won’t matter. TOSUC 44, NFW 21

Comment

• shaddup and fear Fitz
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If NW were to beat OSU and go undefeated, they would absolutely be in the playoff over the PAC12 team. What would they’re champ be at that time? 6-0? MAYBE? Fuck them in their stupid asses.

But that’s moot because OSU will rail them in the CCG.

Comment

• OSU is not going to rail them. They will win but it's not going to be a railing.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X