Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’re gonna get covid’d out of the B10 CG.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't want anyone to test positive. Not even Ryan Day.

That being said, his presence will not be necessary for OSU to do what they will do to Michigan. In fact, Day's absence would likely motivate their players more.

There is nothing that Michigan can do to avoid the whipping that is coming their way. Nothing.

Oh I agree completely, 'IF' the game is played (?) Day wants desperately to be on the side lines rubbing it in.

Comment

• There is one way Michigan can beat Ohio State this year.... if a couple players on M catch COVID in the next two weeks.

Ruh roh. No B10 Championship for Ohio State.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Game is canceled. Season is pretty much over. Thankfully the B10 pushed shit back into an obvious winter outbreak with zero flexibility. I hate this fucking conference.

Comment

• The "season" was designed for failure, no doubt. No bye weeks, no flexibility at the end to accommodate schedule adjustments, a ridiculous 21 day ban for players who test positive. All were designed with getting out of the season as quickly as possible. IMO the Big Ten's biggest regret at this point is that they couldn't cancel the season earlier.

The season could have started the first weekend of October, with 1 built in bye week, and one "space" week between the end of the season and the championship/crossover week. That would have given flexibility for make up games that had to be cancelled. That, or a similar plan, would have shown that the conference was truly interested in having a real season. Instead, they set up this farce of a season HOPING that too many games would be cancelled, so they could do a "Itoldyaso" cancellation of the whole doggone thing. To me, it was a sarcastic response to the people who spoke up and wanted a season, and made a lot of noise about it. "how dare you second guess our opinions?"

bah
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Y’all have to amend that 21-day thing. It’s not too late if they do that.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's part of their plan, AA. They know the 21 day ban means that players are going to miss at least 2 games. If enough players are out for at least 2 games, it creates more possibility that a team will be knocked out of the conference race, and the playoffs. The more teams that are knocked out, the closer the conference gets to eliminating the season, which is what they wanted to begin with.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney is correct. On everything in his last two posts.

The season is over for Ohio State. They'll definitely cancel next week's game at Sparty and then, if they're lucky, play M with roughly 20 players (or more) still in the 21 day protocol.

Then they'll play a meaningless game the week after in "championship week" -- probably against Wisconsin.

Comment

• I think it very likely that, undefeated, they still take OSU over BigTen “champion” NW. Surely, the Committee will look past the farce of the BTCG.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes, but they won't take Ohio State over SEC2 or ACC2 or Cincinnati.

Comment

• College Gameday didn’t sound too optimistic about Ohio State. The MSU game likely won’t be played?

Ohio State and the Playoff... I don’t think they take Ohio State without a B10 championship. Their resume is really poor outside of the close home win vs Indiana.
                        A win vs M certainly won’t improve any resume.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's really annoying that they didn't blow the doors off of IU like they should have. They really let IU stay in that game with some really bullshit plays. Oh well.

The CFP will take an undefeated Cincinnati ahead of Ohio State at this point. That's how laughable this season. Ohio State would truck UC by 28+.

Comment

• Fucking joke.

Fucking Kevin Warren.

Fucking B1G.

I called it when this sham was setup. Doomed from the beginning.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, everyone called it. It was a system designed to fucking fail from the get go. From the 21 day idiocy to the infection rate criteria to the fucking 6-game minimum. And that doesn't even touch on the real reason it's all a fucking disaster -- a preposterously premature AND wrong decision to cancel the season that the arrogant fucktwats refused to acknowledge was preposterously premature and wrong until it was pretty much too late.

If they had started in September then they would all have played 8 games. That's pretty much a given. Even under the B10 protocols.

As it is, they piled ridiculous, spiteful protocols on top of the worst institutional decision-making this side of the UN and gave a hearty FUCK YOU to anyone who cares about football.

I. HATE. THIS. CONFERENCE.

Comment

• Time to bolt Talent. Both of us.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X