Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU was crippled. Really glad they survived. Hopefully M mans up.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Prayers sent = prayers answered. You’re welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        ........... Hopefully M mans up.
        I'll go with Mike's take that M won't pussy out with a made up COVID excuse. Still, I think it's possible that practice may not be held due to legit COVID reasons. That being the case, they won't play.

Jim's believable rumor that he has a three year extension in hand makes it unlikely he will bail on the bitter pill he's going to swallow ...... making Day's mission of laying 60 on M just that much more enjoyable for him and OSU fans. An extension? pffft. ESAD

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You can practice if you’re not getting positives. The problem is the contact tracing sit downs. I think OSU had 9 or 10 positive cases and 23-25 sitting.

Comment

• Not only that but the stupidly vague rejoinder that community spread is factored in allows officials to simply say, yeah, you've got 15 positives and percent positive is > 5% here in Washtenaw Co. so, yes, athletic activities are on hold at M and no, you can't practice. It's a fucking mess.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Oh, they're definitely going to play now. Covid isn't going to stop this game.

This 3 year contract extension cannot go without the proper notoriety it deserves.

Ryan Day slapping 70+ points on a hapless Harbaugh coached Michigan team with Harbaugh having the HC job for another 3 years is absolutely appropriate for this occasion. It must be what Warde Manuel wants.

Manuel is 'staying the course' ... which is music to everyone's ears.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• STFU

Sir.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'd be very surprised if they play. To be fair, I absolutely think HARBAUGH!!!! would show up in Columbus with a ragtag collection of walk-ons and Salvation Army volunteers. I don't think he'd pussy out for a second. However, I don't think this is, in any way, shape or form, his choice. M was amongst those who led the charge to cancel the season (and HARBAUGH!!!!, of course, pushed back). There is almost zero way that institution is going to damage its brand by either not taking Covid "seriously enough" or risking a loss in Columbus of a significant margin. And, to correct the foregoing -- "further damage" its brand.

Comment

• Pussies.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I'd be very surprised if they play. To be fair, I absolutely think HARBAUGH!!!! would show up in Columbus with a ragtag collection of walk-ons and Salvation Army volunteers. I don't think he'd pussy out for a second. However, I don't think this is, in any way, shape or form, his choice. M was amongst those who led the charge to cancel the season (and HARBAUGH!!!!, of course, pushed back). There is almost zero way that institution is going to damage its brand by either not taking Covid "seriously enough" or risking a loss in Columbus of a significant margin. And, to correct the foregoing -- "further damage" its brand.
                      An accurate take ...... it's good to see an outsider understand the thinking that goes on within U of M .... sometimes referred to as it's culture. What is seen outwardly - the image to be projected - is vastly different than what the institutional thinking probably is...... at least my perception of it having been a part of it for 4 years and an avid observer of it for the next 40+. There's been adequate discussion of it here. Hack, Tom and Linesman and myself all have the same sort of view of the M culture. In summary it is a low risk, cover your ass and protect the gleaming image and decision making process from prying outsiders at all costs. M is probably the prototypical example of an organization that has zero transparency. There are multiple examples in recent and remote history of cover-ups, discovery, then back-peddling after a decision or a process in getting to one becomes public.

So, what we'll see here is some fabricated excuse to cancel the OSU game that comes from Warde but such decision will have been reached by others outside the Athletic Department - probably from the President's office/his staff in consultation with Regents and other political allies.

Comment

• They won't throw Warde or Harbaugh under the bus, should they decide to not play the game. It will all be done by the "medical staff", to take heat off Manuel and Harbaugh. Schlissel will likely issue some sort of faux-sorrowful letter stating his sincere regret that this magnificent game had to be cancelled due to Covid. Schlissel will give them all the insulation they need from the public. I could write the press release myself. I've seen how they operate for way too long.

That being said ..

I still think they're going to play this game, even if it means suiting up the cheerleaders and the volleyball team. They're going to play. They're going to go to Columbus and get their blocks knocked off, and then Warde Manuel is going to wait about a week or so afterward, and sign Harbaugh to a 3 year extension. I could write the press release for that one too. "It wouldn't be fair to fire Jim after this Covid-scarred year, where no team in the country has been able to operate normally". "Jim is our coach, and has done a fine job with these young men, and I have complete confidence in his ability to continue running the football operations with the dignity and respect they deserve". "Thus, I have offered Jim a 3 year extension, and I am pleased to announce that he has signed it"

Its coming. I guaran-fricking-tee it.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 30-point favorite now lmoa How is Talent going to sandbag this one?

Comment

• Very difficult to prepare for a team with no QB. And the OSU OL is a sieve. And the center can’t snap the ball.

Comment

• The Saints were able to adapt against Denver last week. Sometimes when a really good team plays a team with a scout team WR playing QB, the better team wins rather easily. But as usual, I’ll send thoughts and prayers that the Buckeyes can overcome their adversity and trick the pollsters into believing they are quality football team.

Comment

• Your efforts are appreciated and won’t soon be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X