Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have no OL, and their center can't snap the ball, but they scored 52 points on a team that made Michigan look like Ann Arbor Skyline HS.

OSU could win this game with a girl from the OSU gymnastics team playing center.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• With this year's game almost certainly cancelled, a brief retrospective of the last 16 OSU-M games:

Ohio State -30 (covid!)
      56-27
      62-39
      31-20
      30-27 (2OT)
      42-13
      --------
      42-28
      42-41
      26-21
      34-40 (Fucking Fickell)
      --------
      37-7
      21-10
      42-7
      ---------
      14-3
      42-39
      25-21
      37-21
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Interesting in a depressing sort of way. You're up on this sort of thing but I think you have to go back to the 50-60 time frame - pre Bo - in the pre- Bump and Bump era, Woody's dominance of CFB during that era, if I recall, was pretty recognizable.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A couple of those games were close so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Comment

• That 14-3 game in Lloyd's final year wasn't as close as the score. I think we attempted just one pass the entire second half. Was pretty much just "handoff to Wells" every play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Interesting in a depressing sort of way. You're up on this sort of thing but I think you have to go back to the 50-60 time frame - pre Bo - in the pre- Bump and Bump era, Woody's dominance of CFB during that era, if I recall, was pretty recognizable.
              There's nothing comparable except for the first 15 games of the series.

DSL:

M had zero chance of scoring in that 2007 game. I thought it was close to over at 7-3. When Beanie Wells broke his long TD run it was just a matter of a painful exercise in Tresselball, I think M had 90 yards of offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                A couple of those games were close so put that in your pipe and smoke it!
                In that list, there are 3 games were I really feel like OSU dodged a bullet. By far and away, 2005 was their most fortunate win. They were done. LLLLLLLloyd punting from the OSU 35 with M up 21-19 and 4 minutes left was mind-boggling. The 2013 game was a total clownshow, but that was more of a coin flip game. The 2016 game was another coin flip where OSU found it's footing in the 4th Q, probably should have won in regulation, and then survived OT. But, 2005 -- OSU was, IMO clearly the better team, but with 10 minutes left in the game there was absolutely no way M should have lost.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    That 14-3 game in Lloyd's final year wasn't as close as the score. I think we attempted just one pass the entire second half. Was pretty much just "handoff to Wells" every play.
                    Yeah, and Henne played that whole game with his arm about to be disconnected from his shoulder. It was harsh to watch and I dare say, was the most boring "Game" I recall in this series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Yeah, and Henne played that whole game with his arm about to be disconnected from his shoulder. It was harsh to watch and I dare say, was the most boring "Game" I recall in this series.
                      That was the game where after several snaps, Henne had to have his shoulder pushed back into its socket. Also, IIRC, Mike Hart tried to play on a high ankle sprain and was taken out in the 1st quarter and didn't play another down.

So yeah, when you take away the top two offensive threats on the team, it was pretty boring. That was the last year I had season tickets, and never renewed them. Nearly all the season ticket holders around me sold their tickets to OSU fans. I might as well have been in Columbus without the smell.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That 2007 game was absolute toilet.

Comment

• Talent- Dunno how much you cared about the Danger Brothers back in the old tailgating days, but I saw one of them died yesterday from covid. The lead guitarist I believe.

Comment

• Never really partook of that part of the tailgate scene.

In recruiting news, Ohio State will land Emeke Egbuka tonight. Egbuka is yet another top 10 overall WR. Hartline is ok at that job. That Zach Smith shit may work out really, really well in the long-term.

Ohio State last 3 verbal commitments:

Quinn Ewers, QB, 2022 #1 Overall
                            Caleb Burton, WR, 2022, #15 Overall
                            Egbuka, WR, 2021 #9 Overall (extremely likely he commits tonight)

So, I guess, the point is -- WTF with dipping outside the top 10 for Burton?

Comment

• With Ohio State on another bye, better hope NW handles business vs Brandon Peters Illinois. NW could drop significantly in the ranking with a loss.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              With this year's game almost certainly cancelled, a brief retrospective of the last 16 OSU-M games:

Ohio State -30 (covid!)
                              56-27
                              62-39
                              31-20
                              30-27 (2OT)
                              42-13
                              --------
                              42-28
                              42-41
                              26-21
                              34-40 (Fucking Fickell)
                              --------
                              37-7
                              21-10
                              42-7
                              ---------
                              14-3
                              42-39
                              25-21
                              37-21
                              It’s funny you point out exactly every “the game” I have watched. Fan since 2004 given age.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!!, over the course of every recruiting class he has signed with M (2015 to 2021 -- 7 classes), has signed:

Top 50 Players: 9
                                Top 51-100 Players: 11

That assumes all 2021 commits stay on board. I think it's pretty likely they lose Worthy.

CRD, in his last two classes (2020 and 2021) has signed:

Top 50 Players: 11
                                Top 51-100 Players: 8

There's a chance he could another top 50 player if he manages to upset The Nick for JTT.

For the future, looking at 2019-22 classes (fully acknowledging that 2022 is still very much incomplete:

HARBAUGH!!!! 3 top 50 players, and 3 Top 51-100 players.

CRD: 18 top 50 players, 9 top 51-100 players (the infernal class of 2019 had some nice top-end players, but really lacked topshelf depth).

So, for 2019-22, thats 27-6 for those keeping score at home. Further, the bulk of HARBAUGH!!!!'s best recruits were in the 2016 and 2017 classes. The 2018-21 classes have, on average, been in the upper B10 range but no where close to elite.

I guess what this means is that I need some more thoughts and prayers from Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X