Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys should be thankful that he didn't do to your team what that series of assclowns have been doing to MSU in the last 50 years.
    Post statement of the week. They haven't had a real, honest to goodness, HONORABLE winning coach there since Duffy left. They need to change that, but they won't. They'll bring in some idiot like Narduzzi who will continue the punk/thug mentality that has been so revered since Dantonio hit town.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Yeah, you guys really do hate old Coop, don't you? It wasn't really meant as an insult, since outside of ohio, he's considered a pretty decent coach- outside of, well, against one particular team. He didn't actually inherit a dumpster fire when Bruce left - if was more like when Carr left than what RRod/Hoke set up - and he pretty much had ohio as a serious Big Ten powerhouse for about 51 weeks out of every year.

You guys should be thankful that he didn't do to your team what that series of assclowns have been doing to MSU in the last 50 years.

As for the Harbaugh comparison, well that's interesting. He's shown some flashes of brilliance, for sure, but for each of those, there's been more than a share of head scratching, frustrating WTFs (all of which have been infinitely discussed in this forum). He's like Carr. He's like Bo. And yes, he's a little bit like Cooper. He says and does stupid stuff. He is what he is. He wins most of the time. He's brought this program back to some sort of relevance on the National level. Still, he's a bit of a self-made disappointment.

It could be worse for either one of us. We could be MSU.. or Nebraska.
      Cooper was a fine coach. Most Ohio State fans understand that. Most also understand he had a ceiling.

CRD can "win" forever at Ohio State. And, shit, with the new 12-team CFP coming, he'll make the playoffs almost every year. But there remains a real question (IMO) about whether he can actually get them the title. I mean -- I can be fair to him -- against Clemson and LSU he had, collectively, some really bad luck. But, I dunno...

I
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Went to the ND OSU game. Electric atmosphere.Never been to South Bend before. Another check mark on this old man"s bucket list.

Michigan ( and Harbaugh) have seemed to figure out that the key to winning is to schedule BAD teams. (Georgia too)

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Cooper was a fine coach. Most Ohio State fans understand that. Most also understand he had a ceiling.

CRD can "win" forever at Ohio State. And, shit, with the new 12-team CFP coming, he'll make the playoffs almost every year. But there remains a real question (IMO) about whether he can actually get them the title. I mean -- I can be fair to him -- against Clemson and LSU he had, collectively, some really bad luck. But, I dunno...

I
          You know the Bucks got a royal screw job in the georgia game. And OSU would have cruised in the title game.

Comment

• I’m aware of the calls reversed in both the Georgia and Clemson games. Not bad calls upheld. But correct calls overturned.

Comment

• Coop was a great coach and recruiter. How many future NFL All Pro's went through him. For some reason though had a mental block vs. Michigan and big Bowl games.

I remember the 99' season I believe, he had far more talent than UM in the big gam and should have won but even before the game started, Coop looked nervous and unsure on the side-lines and Carr for UM looked confident and sure enough won an upset. Just didn't have a killer instinct or something. But was great at everything else.

Comment

• fuckin' refs
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Always.

Comment

• Comment

• ** THIS JUST IN **

Ohio State will no longer have a "bye" for week 5. Instead, they will be up against the world!

Comment

• Ratings will be through the fucking roof

Comment

• Next up.....CRD aka Third Base Boy....against.....GODZILLA!!!!!!!

Not as challenging as HARBAUGH!!!!!!! but still....
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!! is to Godzilla as Dr. Tom is to FROSTY!!!!

Comment

• uncalled for...yet clever...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X