Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    If osu has a really nice collection of DBs
    The whole state is full of DBs.
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      M just signed 4, 4-star DB's... Wilson, Gant, Clark, Richardson in '12...

Countess just a sophomore with his medical redshirt, M has numbers but would like a few elite DB's in '14.
      Should have been more specific. I meant CBs. Wilson will be a player. Was Gant offered by osu? Clark went from a nobody to a 4-star? Richardson is awfully small. Countess was the best CB, and even he wasn't elite. osu's defensive backfield looks much better...on paper.

We keep taking projects like Clark, Stribling and Dawson. Be nice to get some guys who are already highly-rated studs.
      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; February 6, 2013, 07:48 PM.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Four 4-star DB's in '13 (plus 1 3-star); those guys listed are '12. I'm not particularly high on our DB's either but there are enough numbers that hopefully a couple of them exceed expectations and are all B10 caliber...

Countess I really like and he has 3 years left, he'll be the 'field' corner for awhile. In Mattison's defense, he uses a 'boundary' corner. Raymon Taylor is a likely a 3-year starter at the position, which he earned last season. M has time to recruit and develop these guys replacement. M has numbers but not many blue chippers at corner.

Comment

• Who rated Gant and Clark 4 stars? Scout? I expect nothing out of Richardson...not at 5'9'' 165 lbs.

Comment

• The '13 class is the one with four 4-stars; Dymonte Thomas, Ross Douglas, Delano Hill & Jourdan Lewis + 3-star, Reon Dawson.

Comment

• Gotcha. Safety finally looks okay. Haven't had good ones for a long time.

Team is going to be really young:

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; February 6, 2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Gant-no.

Thomas is the kid they missed. Fortunately, he's the last of the previous staff/transition fuck ups.

UFM is finally on even footing for class of 2014 in terms of time to build relationships.

OL and LB will be a focus-where they may take 1 or 2 more than in an average class.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ohio State's "final" recruiting ratings:

Scout: #1
                  Rivals: #2
                  247: #2
                  ESPN: #3

Last year UFM miraculously salvaged a dumpster fire class and turned it into a consensus top 5 class and consensus #1 in the conference. This year, he was nipped by The Nick for best class, but once again has the consensus #1 class in the conference. And he still hasn't lost a game.

Comment

• someone delete this thread please!!!

Comment

• there are times I wish I could.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What's stopping you? I'm sure your wife wouldn't cut you off for doing the right thing.

Comment

• I like it ..... for its entertainment value.

Besides, it keeps my blood boiling with respect to my contempt for anything to do with the state of ohio/osu football. As well, it keeps my expectations exceedingly high for this coaching staff to deliver and absolutely no tolerance for them if they don't.

The War returns. So far osu is up 1. Bring it.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's like a nightmare you just can't wake up from, Buchanan.

Comment

• Twelve months of twists and turns, hirings and firings, decommitments and recommitments, all led to National Signing Day on Wednesday. After all the faxes had been sent, the top two classes on Rivals.com belonged to ... Nick Saban and Urban Meyer.

Jeez. Who could have ever seen that coming?

The nation's only two active coaches with multiple BCS titles are now poised to win some more. Alabama, the sport's two-time reigning champ, notched its remarkable fifth No. 1 national recruiting class in the past six years. Ohio State, a perfect 12-0 in 2012, will be even more talented in 2013.

Saban, the former or current coach of Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon, added four more prized running backs who combined for 9,205 rushing yards as high school seniors. Meyer, the master of the 11th-hour flip, pulled four-star running back Dontre Wilson out of Oregon's clutches and five-star defensive back Vonn Bell from Rossvile, Ga., away from the SEC.

Save for Meyer's change of locale, Signing Day 2013 could just as easily have been Signing Day 2008.

"A kid wants to go where he can compete for national championships," said Rivals.com national analyst Mike Farrell. "When you go down South, people believe their best chance at winning the national championship is at Alabama. People that believe you can do it in the North think Ohio State has the best chance. I agree with them."

As it's often been written, recruiting is an inexact science. History says nearly half of Rivals' Top 100 prospects will fail to morph into college superstars. But the trend lines also indicate that both teams and recruits with higher rankings perform better, on average, than those ranked below them. In truth, there's no seismic talent gap between the classes at Alabama and Ohio State and the ones at newfound darling Ole Miss (No. 7 in Rivals' rankings) or Florida State (No. 11). But if you're placing bets as to which groups will reach their potential, are you taking Saban's and Meyer's hauls, or Hugh Freeze's and Jimbo Fisher's?

The same sentiment can be echoed about of a lot of coaches who welcomed acclaimed classes on Wednesday. Their signees' fortunes will ultimately be determined not by star ratings and 40 times, but by necessary coaching and development. Plenty of coaches can close in the living room, and plenty of others are masters of the film room. Few, however, excel in both realms. We know Saban and Meyer possess that elite combination. We'll find out in the coming years which of this cycle's other top recruiters will parlay that success to the field.
                              Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2KElB3j00

Comment

• It was supposed to take time.

When Urban Meyer was brought to Columbus to replace Jim Tressel, there was supposed to be a transition from Tressel's old three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense to Meyer's spread offense. Instead, Meyer found himself walking into a dream job with a dream quarterback for his scheme.

Rather than an adjustment period in 2012, a year in which the Buckeyes weren't eligible for a Big Ten title or the postseason, Ohio State went 12-0 and sat around wondering why it just had to accept that Gator Bowl berth after the 2011 season. And while a 12-0 season certainly made Urban Meyer even more popular in Columbus, it also served to raise expectations a bit. Now, instead of a few seasons before the Buckeyes got back into the national title discussion, Ohio State fans are expecting it in 2013.

And they probably should be, particularly with the latest recruiting class that Meyer has put together for next season.

Ohio State's 2013 class is one of the best in the nation. 247Sports.com has the class rated second behind only Alabama, while services like Rivals (second), RecruitingNation (third) and Scout (first) all have the Buckeyes in the top three. The class also got a nice boost on Wednesday with the additions of safety Vonn Bell, wide receiver James Clark and running back Dontre Wilson on Wednesday.

So if Meyer went 12-0 in his first season with somebody else's recruits, what's going to happen once he gets his own players in there?

There's a reason that Urban Meyer has been successful everywhere he's gone, and it's not just because he's a good coach. It's because he has recruited well. While his classes at Bowling Green and Utah weren't as highly-rated as the classes he had at Florida and now Ohio State, Meyer knew what he was looking for to fit his system. He'd identify a player, bring him in and coach him up.

It's hard to argue with the results.

Now Meyer is having the same kind of success recruiting at Ohio State that he had at Florida, and he's going all over the country to do so. While Ohio is a talent hotbed in the midwest with a lot of talent to go around, only 10 of the 25 commits in Ohio State's 2013 class call the Buckeye State home. Meyer plucked talent from all over the country. From New Jersey to Florida to Texas to California.

There's a reason that Ohio State fans are expecting a national title under Urban Meyer. It's because with the way Meyer coaches and recruits, they're probably going to win one.
                                http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21656581/urban-meyer-is-just-getting-started-at-ohio-state

Comment

Working...
                                X