Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess that even hoops up for this season and give M something like their 4th win against OSU in its last 20 tries. Forget, exactly. It's fun to combine with football!

But, yes, looks like a loss. Road wins are murder in this conference.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Preemptive dropping of the soap, sad.
      76-74. The Dago Vitale has to go.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• yes Talent, no question Meyer will have consistently talented teams than Hoke ... will be a great upset for Hoke to even steal a single game against Meyer's massively superiorly talented teams.

Comment

• Careful, PB. Ol' Liney tried to be cute like that and predicted UFM will never lose a game. 14 months after his hiring, UFM has, well, still not lost a game.

Comment

• James Clark announces at 9am. Amazingly, I think UFM stole him from Florida. We'll see. I still would rather have Shelton Gibson (who will be an f'n badass for WV), but such is life.

Vonn Bell is a little aftet 10. He's a mystery. OSU or Vals. If Bell picks OSU, they'll finish #1 in Scout assuming no one flips at the last second (Elliot/Johnson, namely).

Taivon Jacobs is likely going to flip to Maryland, I think. I'm not sure what to make of that. He is a kid who is way underrated IMO -- blazing fast. But, he's apparently rethinking things because he has a son and may want to stay close to home. Of course, his rethinking things also coinicided with OSU brining in Corey Smith, Dontre Wilson and, potentially, James Clark. So, it may be a case of OSU replacing Jacobs with Clark on signing day.

Comment

• Dammit, Scout's South insider thinks Bell to UT. Bah. Oh well.

Comment

• Clark IN, which means Jacobs gently nudged to Maryland.

Vonn Bell remains only question mark.

Comment

• Bell to Vols
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That's what everyone is saying.

Comment

• And everyone is wrong.

Michigan now #2 on Scout. :-)

Comment

• Urban FUCKING Meyer. Rockstar. Right, OP?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Clark IN, which means Jacobs gently nudged to Maryland.

Vonn Bell remains only question mark.
                          How do you feel about that iam? Urbie kicking a kid who has been committed since July out of the class on NSD?

It's appalling to me, but then, I'm admittedly not a win at all costs guy.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think it was a mutual decision. Jacobs visited Maryland earlier this month. He's had an inclination to stay at home and I don't think OSU did much to dissuade him.

The important thing, for me, is that he has a place to go. Assuming Jacobs wanted to go to OSU (which may not be the case -- he does have legitiamte reasons for staying close to home), this is how it almost certainly went down -- he was told in early January, weeks ahead of NLOID -- maybe even in December -- that OSU was bringing in a ton of WRs and his spot may not be secure. He was told to have a backup plan. So, he visits Maryland, who was his clear 2nd choice. When, in fact, OSU gets everyone they want, Jacobs has a soft landing place.

Is that ideal? No. Is it better than pulling an offer a week before NLOID with no heads up (not unheard of down south)? Is it materially different than pulling a scholarship offer for merely taking a visit somewhere else?

The recruits are allowed to switch back and forth all day long and put coaches in a tough situation. If a coach wants to move one from an accepted offer, I don't see a problem as long as he gives the kid fair warning and the ability to find a good fit.

Comment

• I guess it fits with Urbie's ideas of commitment. "I promise to love you, until someone better comes along."

So, in your opinion, it's ok to back out of your commitments so long as you tell someone in advance that you have better options that you are looking at?

I will say its not the most despicable thing I've heard of in recruiting, so you got that going for you. There is someone worse.

And as far as kids switching back and forth? That sucks, but ostensibly, coaches are adults and its not too much to ask that they act like it.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's pointless with you. Just pointless.

(1) I don't actually know what happened with Jacobs or why he flipped to Maryland; (2) if OSU told him to look elsewhere, I don't actually know how that went down; and (3) I've already told you exactly what I think assuming a host of things to be true which I don't know if they are or aren't. I don't really much care how you rephrase it to suit your needs.

GREAT f'n day to be a Buckeye. UFM is all I thought and MORE. Just F'n Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X