Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I think Kansas wins, unless you play the best game you've played all year.

Comment

• They've been pretty good offensively against the tomato cans until last night. They were awful last night. Especially on the defensive end where they've been really, really good. And there's no reason to think that's going to end.

They need Craft to snap out of his funk, but otherwise the team has progressed nicely. Ross is a nice scoring option off the bench. Shannon Scott has improved his game a ton. Smith has been good. And Buckets is Buckets. Still weak inside, though Amir has been giving them good minutes. Losing that dominant scoring option on the block really hurts. Heh.

I'm thinking about 12-6 in conference. They play good enough defense to hang in most games. And last year they were offensively challenged at times. That's how they lost to Michigan and MSU (in Columbus).

And the NCAA is the NCAA. They had a perfectly balanced, hellaciously good team two years ago and lost because UK really out-toughed them. Last year they managed to get to the FF (where, incidentally, their erratic offense let them down in the 2nd half).
      Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2012, 08:20 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UK outtoughed them? That game really sticks in my head as one in which there was no better team. The only thing I remember either team having a consistent edge with as the game progressed is that Craft was really beating up on Knight. That was the game I decided as a Pistons fan that I didn't want Knight.

Comment

• Jorts out-toughed OSU inside. Knight was good, though Craft did a nice job.

I guess the biggest reason they lost was Buford was shit on a fucking stick.

Comment

• I remember thinking that Craft took it to Knight all game but Knight got the last laugh with the game winner. Craft did more than a nice job...

Comment

• T / DSL, what are you hearing about Al-Quadin Muhammad?

Comment

• It's not Ohio State, so I don't much are. But the Scout guys seem to think Miami or Rutgers and seem to think it would have been ND, but ND may have pulled back a bit. That's the gist of the thread on him on the OSU Scout premium site.

Urban visited him is about all OSU has done. I can't imagine OSU using a scholarship on another DL unless they're thinking they're going to have to flip 1 or 2 DL recruits to the OL. They still want one more OL.

Anyway, he's a non-entity for me. If he schedules an OV, then fine.

Comment

• Good luck today. Let me know if there's a link to a stream I can watch of it later. I'll be with my kid and his friend at the EMU game today. They had a Groupon.

Comment

• yeah...will be pulling for Craft and co.... in spite of Talent

Comment

• And you guys call yourselves Michigan fans?
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Basketball is different. Strength of schedule very important for tournament seeding purposes. But the true value of my Michigan fandom is my dissent. Dissent is the patriotic sacrifice I make.

Comment

• Understood (and can appreciate that). Was happy when they beat sparty last year to give us a share of the B1G title, but other than that, f 'em.
                          I'll root for Wisky, Illinois, Minny, etc. instead to boost our RPI.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• [youtube]DiR6qVCyGMk[/youtube]

Comment

• [youtube]9ZhkLm10W6Y[/youtube]

Hard to tell from the clip but yes, that really is Ann Arbor. Looks like the tradition of Michigan "fans" selling their tickets to thousands of Buckeyes goes back a lot longer than I realized.

Comment

• This is a really nice 10-minute summary of the 1981 game. Michigan has some nice plays in the video too so you may want to really watch this one. The drive at the end is a classic. Marcus Marek was a beast

[youtube]YY-FlrpHPTI[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                                X