Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Michigan and Ohio State have been in NCAA trouble more recently than Bama.

Our last issue was that we loaned too many textbooks to student athletes. That sounds funny typing it out, but that's what it was. And, to be honest, in today's NCAA environ, it is something that would not be pursued.

Before that, you have to go back to the recruiting of Albert Means in the late 1990's.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• TOSUC will beat Bama, but otherwise, I agree. Urban is Sabanesque in ability. I give the overall edge to Nick, but Urbie is 1b to Saban's 1a.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

Michigan's NCAA troubles don't count. We talking about practice??:!?!? PRACTICE??!!!

Anywho, I can't really believe this, but even Alabama publications are at least slightly wary. From the esteemed "RollTideRoll" publication (article about how Vonn Bell is actually good enough to play for UAT...heh):

Urban Meyer has turned Ohio State into an SEC-type team playing in the Big10, and this team is not the Buckeye paper-tiger of recent memory. It is players like Bell who elevate the Buckeyes above their Big10 brethren, which should give fans of the Crimson Tide at least a little pause heading into the Sugar Bowl match-up.
        Good lord. I may have to change my prediction from 49-6 to 38-13.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• From good ol' Ramzy. From good ol' Ramzy. Never forget how unwatchably awful the 2011 team was. Never. When someone says something about coaching not mattering that much, cite the 2011-2014 turnaround (if they're your good friend) or kick them in the sac (if they're anyone else).

What has one Big Ten championship game MVP, two Silver Footballs, two Big Ten Freshman of the Year awards, two National Freshman of the Year awards, 12,839 yards, 135 touchdowns, two functioning throwing arms, five unbroken legs and eight Gold Pants?

It’s Ohio State’s current, unredshirted quarterback position - which inexplicably gives weak-minded Buckeye fans anxiety over things like losing quarterback recruits due to position crowding, assistant coaches due to poachability and the fear that any part of that hydra might transfer out of the congestion of greatness.

We’re only three seasons removed from Nick Siciliano being in charge of developing what Jim Tressel used to call The Most Important Person in the State of Ohio. He was an apprentice videographer fill-in for the late Joe Daniels who tragically found himself all alone coaching quarterbacks in the wake of Tatgate, and he parlayed his work at Ohio State into being completely out of the football business shortly thereafter.

Siciliano and Jim Bollman instead of Tom Herman and Ed Warinner as hands-on offensive coaches. That’s stress. Having too much competence is decidedly calming.

This year’s seniors were freshmen on that catastrophe that failed to break to 20-point barrier five times on the nation's 107th-ranked offense. Consider that in its three seasons since 2011 Ohio State has only failed to break the 30-point barrier six times; twice since 2012.

Devin Smith led that 2011 squad in receptions with 14. Nine guys had more catches than that this season.

Here’s the fate of Braxton Miller, Barrett and Jones: They’re on an Ohio State team that kept this year’s seniors from being the first class since 1992 to pass through the Woody without winning at least one Big Ten title.

Final riddle: What has ten unbroken legs, five functioning throwing arms, all the potential in the world and no bearing on Ohio State's upcoming postseason plans? Next year's quarterback battle.
          Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• You're quoting a blog named RollTideRoll? Dear lord, counselor. Could I borrow a cup of apocryphal?

Comment

• I'm sorry, it's RollBamaRoll!.....http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2014/12/...k-is-vonn-bell

As for your drink request, it's 9am CST, aren't you well into your third glass of scotch?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Unfortunately for you, Whodean, Ohio State is on its way to being every bit as good as Alabama.
                oLIEo might LOOK that way playing in the inferior conference. Every once in a while they will have to play the VATechs of the world.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Arizona > Oregon (and Arizona would get trounced by Ohio State)

Anywho, you'll have to embrace the reality soon enough. Not this year, but next. Meanwhile I guess you'll get to revel in being an S! E ! C! / Alabama fan instead of, well, a M fan.
                  Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - They like them Grown & Sexy!-

Harbaugh comes, Ill have the pleasure of TWO programs that beat down oLIEo
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That statement seems familiar. It's not quite as strident, but I believe you said roughly the same thing about Coach Hoke. Sound.

In the meantime, I'll take Harbaugh's track record against Oregon as some small comfort that UFM and Ohio State will somehow find a way to compete with Harbaugh's M juggernaut.

Until then, Ohio State owns you. Ouch. Well, I'm sorry, the "M you" -- that part of you seems to have been disavowed.

Comment

• Like Saban owns Frank Meyer
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

In the meantime, I'll take Harbaugh's track record against Oregon as some small comfort that UFM and Ohio State will somehow find a way to compete with Harbaugh's M juggernaut.

Well there we go boys,Frank Meyer will own Harbaugh...because Oregon
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No, because he's a better coach.

And LOL at Saban "owning" UFM while he was at Florida (whoa...2-1!). I guess Rutgers OWNS Michigan. LMMFAO.

You're just so f'n pathetic ans so f'n wrong. I mean, sooner or later you have to be right, correct? Probabilities and all.

Heh. In the mean time, OHIO STATE OWNS YOUR ASS.
                            Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• It's cute that whodean acts like he isn't a fan of the SEC North division.

Comment

• Nice to see Talent continues to play well with others.

You are frightened, well you should be.

[youtube]wH-nLzozCC8[/youtube]
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X