Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    OSU should be in the playoff.
    No ...... they should suffer a similar fate to that of the Ottoman Empire...... extinction.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

• Exactly
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Bowl listing: http://www.espn.com/college-football...-bowl-schedule
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You may lose interest when it's unprincipled in ways you don't like, vis-a-vis ways you are willing to tolerate, but you have plenty of interest in this unprincipled system.

Comment

• Whatever you say.

Comment

• bama will annihilate Oklahoma

ohiostate won 3 games by a combined 7 points--Maryland/Nebraska/pennstate and got trounced by a 6-6 purdue team

Georgia is the only one stay within a score of bam--lead bama almost the entire game and oh by the way bama won every other game by 20 or more--Clemson might stay with them--Georgia proved they can

as a fan Georgia was the only one of the teamks discussed where we would have still had a decent game going into the 3rd quarter

ohio state and Oklahoma would/will be 20 plus down going into the 4th

Comment

• Its one of the reasons why the NFL is far superior. The schedules are predetermined, you have to travel and you know the rules how to get to the playoffs. In the NFL the teams that have success in the playoffs are not based on some game they lost in October but how well they are playing at the end of the season. The politicking Gary Danielson was doing for a 2 loss Georgia team was embarassing.

Its been my opinion for a long time that the Big Ten doesn't give a crap about the playoffs. They don't particularly throw their weight around or gripe about anything.

Comment

• Its one of the reasons why the NFL is far superior
                          I've never really been in that boat, but I am now for the reasons you stated. I still love watching Ohio State play -- well, not this year, but most years -- and certainly want them to win the B10. But, beyond that it's law of the jungle.

Its been my opinion for a long time that the Big Ten doesn't give a crap about the playoffs. They don't particularly throw their weight around or gripe about anything.
                          I think this is absolutely true. They do nothing to further B10 playoff chances and actually do things to hinder chances. Ever. UFM won't say anything -- this year or last. Delaney won't say anything -- this year or last. The only person who has said anything is Franklin. I can't imagine the SEC going quietly into the night if they were left out. I mean...LMMFAO.

So, it is what it is. I've seen the 2015 OSU team that finished 11-1 ranked behind a 2-loss P12 conference champ; the 2017 2-loss conference champ OSU team ranked behind an 11-1 Alabama team and a 2018 1-loss conference champ OSU team ranked behind a 2-loss SEC team that won nothing. The only year the B10 received any sort of benefit of the doubt was in 2014. In 2016, OSU was picked over PSU, but one B10 team was going for sure.

Comment

• Yeah, win the conference and hopefully your bowl, screw the rest. I was more bullish on OSU than anybody, but this playoff system is still beauty contest BS.

Comment

• F' that FL didn't you say the NFL was boring?

College is best b/c its not like an other sport, 4 is enough - stop your sulking Talent - im sending you ... for the pool

Comment

• I've always been on point that NFL is the superior product, warts and all. Beauty contest BS shenanigans does mean college is unlike other sports, that doesn't make it for the good.

Comment

Working...
                                X