No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The list of players skipping their bowls to prepare for the NFL. Otherwise known as Chris Samuels Disease.

Top players from Ed Oliver to N'Keal Harry have announced they will skip their bowl games to start NFL draft prep. Who is joining them?

I hate this. Take out an insurance policy, but play.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The insurance policy would only cover a fraction of it. I don't like it either, but can't blame the kids for doing it. It's the coordinators leaving before the bowls that really gets me, personally.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Meyer is not the only Big News HC stepping down - Kentucky State is parting ways with John L. Smith

Comment

• ...and you get a STFU...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The CFB postseason remains the worst of any sport.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Playoff is fun. If the Rose Bowl has a good matchup, that can be a good game to watch regardless of not having championship implications.

Outside of that, bowl games are the worst postseason from fans point of view. (Yes, I guess they are "good for the student athletes" ... excluding G-Tech and Minn having to spend Christmas in Detroit).

If you do a college bowl pick em with money on the line, that is the only thing that makes minor bowl games watchable.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I am distinctly disinterested in the Bowls. All of them and only marginally interested in the Peach. There are way too many of them and the stupid beauty contest that is the CFP selection process is a joke. It's too easy for programs that want to to game....... and AA, I'm generally in agreement with you on the how's, whys and where-fors of the current CFP. It is what it is and I don't think there are many realistic alternatives ...... except shit can the BCS/CFP and just go back to bowl selections by agreement or via the AP and coaches polls.

I've got tickets to the M/UF game. Good ones that will allow me to by $12 beer and $15, watered down, mixed drinks at the club level. I'm not going because I'm interested in watching M man-ball UF. They can do that to this team, boringly, and probably will ..... unless and of-course Florida's coaching staff watched osu drop 62 points on the "#1 defense" and decides to go air-raid. If that happens, M will sludgefart around and lose. That's why I'm not real interested in attending. Tired of watching that shit.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm interested in the major bowls because it's the only opportunity most P5 schools play quality opponents outside their conference.

Comment

• I'll watch parts of the lesser bowls because I'm in a bowl pool and it's something on TV. Of the better bowls, there are usually about 2 or 3 I'm interested in seeing excluding the CFP. And it may be that the CFP is the absolute best alternative for CFB or, at least, not as terrible as all that have come before it. But, even if that's the case, CFB STILL has the worst postseason of any sport.

Comment

• At some point CFB will get down to 4 super conferences. The B12 seems shaky, or rather, exists at the whim of Texas. If they ever get to 4 then they have a shot at establishing a clear, rules-based method for determining its playoffs.

Comment

• The one thing that Bowls do add to CFB is the added practice time. The downside of that is teams who don't go to bowls and would probably benefit from extra practice can't.

I'll add the implications of the poorly addressed conflicts between a "professional and amateur" athlete by the NCAA and the universities themselves is the root cause of a myriad of problems with college sports. It's a joke that the NCAA continues to support and advance the myth of the student athlete.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            At some point CFB will get down to 4 super conferences. The B12 seems shaky, or rather, exists at the whim of Texas. If they ever get to 4 then they have a shot at establishing a clear, rules-based method for determining its playoffs.
                            What are the motivating factors for such an evolution? I don't see them or the ones I think could be movers are going to get pushed aside by concerns of the U presidents and their academic staff they ostensibly represent.

Comment

• don't mind the bowls after Christmas
                              can do without them before Christmas

more concerning it the exodus of the potential pro kids who are skipping the bowls

Comment

• Liberty's hiring Hugh Freeze, which is a perfect match for Falwell's school: giving lip service to Christianity while not actually embracing the values. They already hired Baylor's old AD. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X