Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in the minority, I like it the way it is - besides the cheating SEC

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Brady Hoke fired again, this time by Caralina Panthers

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There have been 20 playoff teams selected:
            • 0 playoff teams are from the Group of Five conferences.
            • 0 playoff teams have had 2 losses or more.
            • 0 undefeated Power 5 conference Teams have been excluded.
            • 0 teams have been selected to the playoff that lost by double-digits to a team that finished with a losing record.
            • 0 playoff teams have a 24 point loss or worse.
            • 0 playoff teams have had a SOS ranked 50th or worse.
            • 17 of the 20 playoff teams have been conference champions. Only Ohio State, Alabama, and Notre Dame have been selected to the playoff and were not conference champions.
            • 6 playoff teams have been undefeated and 14 have had one loss.
            • Of the 14 losses by playoff teams, 11 were to teams that ended the season with winning records. Only Michigan State, Clemson 2017, and Oklahoma 2015 lost to teams that finished with losing records.
            • 10 of those 14 losses by playoff teams were by 7 points or less.
            • Only one playoff team lost to an unranked team by double-digits (Ohio State 2014 lost to then unranked VaTech by 14; The Hokies finished 7-6).

So, from the above Committee tendencies....

You really need to be a P5 Conference champion with 1 loss or less and a SOS of 50 or better. If you do have a loss, it needs to be to a ranked team or a close loss to an unranked team - ideally that unranked team still ends the season with a winning record.
            Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 4, 2018, 07:26 AM.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You really need to be a P5 Conference champion with 1 loss or less
              If Oklahoma had lost to Texas then you'd have to amend that as Georgia would have been in over Ohio State.

I still enjoy the shit out of the CFB regular season. I love the conference races and the CCGs and the occasionally ok non-conference games that are fading away. But, it's the single worst post-season in all of sports.

The NFL regular season does nothing for me. But, man, do I love the NFL playoffs.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One thing I would say about putting Georgia over OSU...It's not a certain thing that they would have done the same had Oklahoma lost. It's a much easier thing to do when there's nothing at stake.

Comment

• The solution was always a 4 game playoff after the bowl games.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      The solution was always a 4 game playoff after the bowl games.
                      I like it, but you would have 4 teams playing 16 games. And by pushing the season back another 2 weeks, you would have even more players opting out of the bowl/cfp to protect their draft status.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The bad loss to Purdue hurts way more than the better schedule, better quality wins. If Oklahoma had lost to Oklahoma state instead of Texas, it might've/ could've went the other way...

I have them being very similar, lots of close games to mediocre opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          The bad loss to Purdue hurts way more than the better schedule, better quality wins. If Oklahoma had lost to Oklahoma state instead of Texas, it might've/ could've went the other way...

I have them being very similar, lots of close games to mediocre opponents.
                          Well, yeah. The Comittee will only tolerate close losses by playoff teams as a general rule. Most have been by one score. If you lose by more than one score, it needs to be to a ranked team.

Comment

• 2 teams play one more game than they do now is the only difference. Of course the games in January are very significant which the NFL didn't like.

Comment

• Oh, I agree, and the further in the year you are still playing college ball, the more you bump into players wanting to rest, heal, and train for the combine and evaluation periods of the NFL.

Comment

• Lewis-Ville hiring the App State coach, Satterfield:

Louisville has hired Appalachian State's Scott Satterfield as the Cardinals' new football coach, replacing the fired Bobby Petrino. Satterfield's high-scoring Mountaineers have won three straight Sun Belt titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X