The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    Just when I was leaning toward atheism!!!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Passing of the torch from Saban to Dabo?

Comment

• I watched until it was 31 - 16 Clemson. Woke this morning with a LOL, 44 - 16 final. Fuck Bama.

Trevor Lawrence was hot and Dabo optimized him. Tua was shit and Saban did nothing. Players quit on Bama's D - or may, as AA had warned us, they weren't that good. There are some similarities to Michigan getting clubbed by Florida and Alabama likewise by Clemson.

It's fun to watch The Nick get ass-railed. Bet Alabama's boards are fun this morning. Sports press will forget about Harbaugh for a while - good - and Nick will get roasted.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It was sort of a weird game. For the first 20 minutes, Alabama sort of controlled the game. But, a Pick-6 and busted coverage and bad playing calling from the 1 had the score at 16-14. Clemson converted a ton of 3rd downs, too. They got a big play TD in the 2nd half when the UAT CB literally fell to the field injured. And converted another long 3rd down on a one-handed juggling catch by Ross. Meanwhile, UAT was really clumsy in the red zone in the 2nd half. First two possessions they get to the 20 and end up running a terrible fake FG and throwing on 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4. However, what showed at the end of the day is that UAT's secondary wasn't particularly good -- or rather, disadvantaged against Clemson's passing game. UAT's offense was fine but for turnovers and red zone bedshittery. Clemson couldn't run the ball and had a hard time stopping the run. But, they made the plays -- lots of them.

Hard to imagine a game going any better for Clemson.

Credit to Dabo, though, on switching to Lawrence. It was a hard switch because Bryant was "loyal" and solid. But anyone with eyes could tell right away that they needed Lawrence to be elite. With Bryant, they were too constrained on offense to be truly elite. It wasn't clear that Lawrence would step up right away, but Dabo had the benefit of a comically bad schedule and stout defense to get him through the regular season, and by the end of the year the 5* potential was evident.

I want to re-emphasize that it some real balls by Dabo to make that call.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lawrence looked really, really good to me. One of the better (best?) performances by a college QB I've seen. Bama put him in a ton of tough situations and he kept making throws college QBs rarely do.

Comment

• Yeah, he was a #1 overall draft pick last night. Alabama had a couple busts and one unfortunate injury, but he made a ton of "dropping shit in a box" with elite zing throws that half the NFL QBs aren't going to make.

Comment

• The speed of the ball in the air was astonishing for this Michigan fan. And of course the accuracy, but the velocity -- HFS.

Comment

• Yeah. That's what they mean by "NFL arm". Haskins has one, too, but not quite like that. Only two more years of Lawrence! I think all Clemson's skill guys are back next year, too. Awesome!

Comment

• Yep, Clemson ...... M at 12:1 to match-up with anything close to the caliber of a Trevor Lawrence QB'd Clemson team in 2019? ...... pffft. 100:1 is more like it with M's coaching staff in disarray.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Was going to mention same thing that Bama seemed very much in control of the game till around the middle of the second quarter yet it didn't show on the scoreboard, mostly due to Tuas pick six.

Comment

• bama blew a lot of 4th down plays

haven't watched Wilkens much this year but the only thing bama could do halfway decent was run between tackles--and wilkins stuffed more then his fair share. if Lawrence would have played last night it would have been damn near a shut out

I thought tua was gonna get his have another ankle saugery on that corner blitz

hard to say AA wouldn't have called this in some form or another but I don't think he would have ever believed it

Comment

• NCAA drops the hammer on Missouri. Postseason bans for football, baseball, and softball. They are pissed! Alabama must have done something really bad!

Comment

• efz

Comment

• Comment

• Tip of the iceberg. Providing benefits to athletes on scholarship is a long standing, ingrained process down South or in the SEC if you prefer. Any Michigan fans remember Jai Eugene, 5* CB commit to M that, at the last minute, ended up at LSU while Les Miles was there? Ron English suggests in an interview with Michigan Insider that Jai told English on the phone when word got out two days before NSD he "had to go to LSU." Miles apparently got Jai's Dad early parole among other things. Bo was still alive and at the time was AD. English says he absolutely blew up and without saying it or draw your own conclusions, Miles, the best candidate to replace LC upon his retirement, was black balled and M ended up with a decade of Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke. I think there were other reasons, like Miles sleeping with McCarthy's wife while both were on staff but English makes a good case that the Jai Eugene BS contributed.

Comment

Working...
                                X