X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Do not listen to The AA.
    Except when I pick M ganes, correct?

Well, we beat the spread by 6.5. I’ll take it. I was wrong. Thought we would only win by 7 or so. Getting those 4th down stops was huge at getting a 21-point win with a 14.5 point line.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've been right about Michigan more than I've been wrong. Especially over the past 5 years.

I'll concede that my 6 win prediction looks like its going to be wrong. The Huskerz are smacking around NW right now, and I think M is likely to do the same thing. So, my original prediction of 6-6 looks like its in trouble. M's defense is better than I anticipated, but at some point they're going to need more than a good defense. They're going to have to get more creative on offense, and take advantage of the young WR's they have. If they don't, the wheels could still fall off this season. But, I'll enjoy the unexpected success, and I'll anticipate the bad. There are still at least three future opponents out there that would love to knock M's head off, and only one of them comes to AA.

The toughest part of the schedule still lies ahead.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Last year or the year before or 5 years ago does not matter. This is a solid team and they’ll likely finish with 10 wins in the regular season.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It would take an amazing effort for Michigan to get to 10 wins. To get to that number, they'd have to win either one of two very difficult road games at Least Lansing or Happy Valley, or beat OSU in Ann Arbor. Its ridiculous to even discuss the latter, so let's not. Michigan does not play well in the white out in Happy Valley. If there is any game that Mel Tucker is pointing to, its Michigan. So, winning one of those three games will take an effort that we have not seen out of Michigan, even in defeating Wisconsin today.

If I could have 9 wins right now, I'd take it and consider it an amazing turnaround from a horrible 2020 season. Anything more than that is a pipe dream. Crack pipe, that is.

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Your boys are starting to jell, Wiz. Just in time to lay a smackdown on Michigan. Martinez is a fine QB.

Comment

• Jesus H the sandbaggery has begun.

STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nice college football Saturday for upsets in the top 15.
                  There is going to be a lot of movement outside of the top. Here is what I see the AP top 10 looking like:

1. Alabama
                  2. Georgia
                  3. Penn State
                  4. Iowa
                  5. Cincinnati
                  6. Oklahoma
                  7. Oregon
                  8. Ohio State
                  9. Michigan
                  10. Michigan State
                  Outside the top 10: Arkansas, BYU, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Ole Miss.

#3 Penn State @ #4 Iowa next Saturday. Give me Iowa if it's a night game.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 5 of the top 10 being BigTen teams?

If that’s the top 10, when will the BigTen bias ever stop!?

Comment

• Undefeated Iowa, Penn State, M, and MSU! That will change soon...

SEC should still have a bunch of teams in the top 25. Their non-Georgia and Bama teams keep cannibalizing each other.
                      Maybe Auburn should crack the top 15 with their win vs LSU yesterday?

Also, I might have dropped ND too far. They still might be top 15. #9 to #16 is difficult to figure out right now when it comes to the order.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Auburn pulls some miracle-type shit in at least one game every year. Some of those Bo Nix wild scrambles and completions on 3rd and half a mile last night were nauseating. And I hate both teams. Hopefully that Auburn Magic is spent for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          5 of the top 10 being BigTen teams?

If that’s the top 10, when will the BigTen bias ever stop!?
                          One of Iowa or PSU is going to get booted out of the Top Ten next week. They play at Kinnick on Saturday. Although, poll people love Franklin/PSU, so they might not be punished with a total ban from the T10. This is one of two danger games for PSU. They have nothing to worry about with Michigan.

MSU will hang a L on Michigan in about a month, and then OSU will lay L's on both of them later on.

CincyTucky is for real. I'd put them no lower than #4 right now until someone beats them.

Comment

• If Penn State vs Iowa is a close game, doubt the loser drops out of the top 10 of next week's poll. Not that it matters. Very nitpicky.

It's premature to bring up Playoff discussion right now, but I do see a scenario where 13-0 undefeated Cincinnati and 12-1 B10 Champs Ohio State are up for the last Playoff spot. Would be very entertaining to hear that debate in two months...
                            Premature though.
                            Bama and Georgia appear to be locked to make the SEC Championship Game. Both are too elite for the rest of the competition.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bama and Georgia appear to be locked to make the SEC Championship Game. Both are too elite for the rest of the competition.
                              And I don't see either being eliminated from the playoffs if they only have one loss. Bama has MAYBE one difficult game left on the regular season schedule with Auburn. The Tigers are a pesky team, and could throw a 'kick six' monkey wrench into Bama's season if The Tide lets them hang around. I doubt Nick will let that happen.

I don't know how anyone could eliminate 12-1 Alabama from the playoffs. Not this year. The Big Ten champion will have at least one loss. Clemson is dead, and the ACC doesn't have a substitute for The Flying Dabos. ND has rightly been smacked, but they could still wedge their way in "because they are ND". CincyTucky is the key. If they stay undefeated, they're in. No doubt about it. They're going to get a lot of love for drilling ND in SB.

Comment

• Notre Dame is not in at all. They have looked like total trash including barely beating TOLEDO. I mean, barely. Hell, they barely beat Florida State! They have massive issues on offense. I'd be shocked if they don't lose at least 3 games.

Cincinnati needs Notre Dame to finish strong. If they finish meh then I dunno. This may be the year for a G5 team, but it's not a sure thing.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X