No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Cincinnati doesn't get into the playoffs. When the current system was instituted, the mandate was for the four best teams to be chosen for the playoff. Cincinnati beat an overrated ND team yesterday. OSU will have beaten MSU, PSU, UoM, and probably Iowa in the second half of the season. UC will have beaten nobody. I just don't see how UC is able to prove they are worthy of a playoff spot.

But, a scenario where OSU is chosen over UC will give impetus to the expansion of the playoffs. We shouldn't be talking about an undefeated team with a weak schedule missing the playoffs. An eight-team playoff would lessen the chance of this happening. As always, is it better to have a good record or have a good team? So far, the Selection Committee has firmly indicated that having a good record is preferable to having a good team.

Comment

• Notre Dame is not in at all. They have looked like total trash including barely beating TOLEDO. I mean, barely. Hell, they barely beat Florida State! They have massive issues on offense. I'd be shocked if they don't lose at least 3 games.
      I don't disagree with this. But we both know ND gets a lot of love because they're NOTRE DAME. If future opponents don't take care of business against them, the committee will smile upon a 12-1 Irish team. They won't care if they barely beat Toledo and FSU. I think its crap that they get this kind of consideration, but it is, what it is. Until we get a real playoff system, that rewards teams based on strength of schedule, the Irish are going to be a 'sexy' pick for the playoffs.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Notre Dame is not in at all. They have looked like total trash including barely beating TOLEDO. I mean, barely. Hell, they barely beat Florida State! They have massive issues on offense. I'd be shocked if they don't lose at least 3 games.

Cincinnati needs Notre Dame to finish strong. If they finish meh then I dunno. This may be the year for a G5 team, but it's not a sure thing.
        and Notre Dame with @ Virginia Tech, vs USC, vs UNC, @ Virginia, @ Stanford ... maybe there are 1 or 2 losses left for ND.

Part of me wants to see Cincinnati make the Playoff because it's a feel good story non-Power 5 team making the Playoff. The other part of me doesn't want to see Bama blowout Cincinnati 50-13. Granted, Bama, might do that to whoever they matchup against in the 1 vs 4 game. Seems more likely if it's Cincinnati. Ohio State would have more of a shot.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bama. Will. Not. Beat Georgia. The Bulldogs are the mind-killer. UGA is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I don't disagree with this. But we both know ND gets a lot of love because they're NOTRE DAME. If future opponents don't take care of business against them, the committee will smile upon a 12-1 Irish team. They won't care if they barely beat Toledo and FSU. I think its crap that they get this kind of consideration, but it is, what it is. Until we get a real playoff system, that rewards teams based on strength of schedule, the Irish are going to be a 'sexy' pick for the playoffs.
            First off, ND has multiple losses on the horizon. Second, they are not very good. Third, the committee absolutely takes those things into consideration. I’ve agreed with and predicted every single selection except for maybe 1 coin flip type scenario. ND went to their 2nd string QB yesterday. Playoff teams are not changing QBs in the fifth game of the season without an injury.

Comment

• ND has been eliminated.

Right now it looks like Bammer, UGA, the B1G Champ...and the 4th team could by Cincy if they run the table.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Probably be a rematch in the title game of Bammer and UGA. Hell they should just agree to let the SECCCG be for all the marbles...and let the others compete for 3rd. Save time.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AP Top 10:

Attached Files
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 11-20
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Toss up between Ohio State and Mormons for most overrated shitbag team in America.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 21-25

Attached Files

Comment

• Clemson dropped out after a win. Surprised, but well -deserved.

Comment

• Brady Hoke's boys make an appearance at #25.

I see at least 9 teams ranked behind Michigan that could beat them.

Comment

• Liney,

You are under a bloodoath to not sandbag. Don’t welsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Liney,

You are under a bloodoath to not sandbag. Don’t welsh.
                                I don't understand how my statement is sandbagging at all.

At least 9 teams, ranked below Michigan, that could beat them on a neutral field

BYU
                                MSU
                                Okie State
                                Arkansas
                                Notre Dame (a stretch, but neutral field, only a 50/50 chance of a W)
                                Auburn
                                Wake Forest
                                Florida
                                Texas

And maybe even ASU and NC State.

Comment

Working...
                                X