The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me for them to manipulate the rankings to have OSU-M and TCU-UGA.
    Maybe.
    If Georgia, M, and TCU are chalk and all win tomorrow … it’s pretty straightforward.
    1. Georgia
    2. M
    3. TCU
    4. Ohio State

Upsets happen. TCU is the most likely upset.
    TCU narrowly losing makes it very interesting when it comes to seeding. TCU blown out? Maybe Bama jumps in.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      It wouldn’t surprise me for them to manipulate the rankings to have OSU-M and TCU-UGA.
      Of course. Pegged it from the beginning. Get ready for an ambush of belittling and dissing of UM's win by OSU. It also just makes more sense committee wise to match up Georgia with TCU rather than OSU in the first game. Also, OSU will be 3 to 3.5 favorites over UM.
      Last edited by klondike; December 3, 2022, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        JFC. I still think USC comes back. But, yeah, OSU stands zero chance if they fall ass backwards into a Georgia beatdown.
        Don't worry. You'll get a chance for revenge again, against UM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Maybe.
          If Georgia, M, and TCU are chalk and all win tomorrow … it’s pretty straightforward.
          1. Georgia
          2. M
          3. TCU
          4. Ohio State

Upsets happen. TCU is the most likely upset.
          TCU narrowly losing makes it very interesting when it comes to seeding. TCU blown out? Maybe Bama jumps in.
          USC has a better case than Alabama. At least they played an extra game and lost a close one with a banged up Heisman candidate. The Championship game should mean something.
          Last edited by klondike; December 3, 2022, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• Figured USC's sieve of a defense would implode in one of their tough games. Opens the door for the Nuts...

Please no rematch in round 1. I guess we're rooting for TCU to make a claim to be 3rd, if they lose, we know what could happen.

Comment

• I actually think that they want to avoid OSU-M. God knows I do. Getting railed by HARBAUGH!!!! in back-to-back games is unspeakably awful. Kirby is absolutely gonna go penitentiary on CRD. It'll be one of the worse NYEs ever...with that and M railing TCU.

But, I guess you can't win it if you're not in it. The more realistic way of saying it is that you can't get the bejesus beaten out of you if you're not in it. The Orange Bowl was a nice little safety bowl against a team with a bad offense. Perfect for OSU.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think they may want to avoid the potential of an all BigTen championship game. People have bitched, loudly, about all SEC CFP (and BCS, for that matter) championship games and I don’t think the committee is necessarily deaf to that. And honestly if there are three 13-0 teams with similar SoS and rankings and strong performances vs close games, etc, they can “Who us? Manipulate? Nooo!” If someone accuses them of it.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There's no way M jumps Georgia and that's the only for them to really manipulate it if there are 3 13-0 teams. They get a chance if TCU loses. You would apparently think TCU will drop to #4. I tend to disagree.

Comment

• I see there being four different scenarios depending on Kansas State vs TCU:
                    - TCU wins. Ohio State won’t jump TCU in seeding.
                    - TCU loses by 1 to 8 points. I lean towards thinking TCU stays ahead of Ohio State in seeding, but this is where it gets nervous for me as a M fan. I don’t want M vs Ohio State in the semi-final. Make it the national championship if anything.
                    - TCU loses by multiple scores. Ohio State jumps TCU in seeding.
                    - TCU is absolutely destroyed. A blowout means Bama makes the playoff. TCU is out.

TCU is -1.5 over Kansas State. Toss up. Kansas State coming into the game playing well. Seems like TCU is usually in a one score game. Should be a close game. Go TCU!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• M just beat Ohio State. Haven't you read all the analysis from Jeff and Mgo. You boys ain't getting beat by CRD. That's for damn sure.

Comment

• It’s just not something I want to see in the semi finals. It would be the best or worst sports feeling for one of the fan bases. Make it be the national championship if anything.

I would love to see the stats of college football rematches. Utah vs USC was a rematch yesterday. Utah won both games. Others that come to mind … the recent LSU vs Bama and Georgia vs Bama national championship games. The winner of the first game lost the rematch.

Mentioned it before, but Ohio State could be getting back JSN, Miyan Williams, TreVeyon Henderson, and Matt Jones in the semi-finals. Who does Michigan get back? Mike Morris? One reinforcement at least.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• I don't think M beating OSU in a rematch would be a sure thing. M played well, and deserves to be proud of its effort, but any rematch would be a new day, no pun intended.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• LAIR! You meant the pun.

You are punny.

pun intended
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Caleb Williams should have spent less time manicuring his nails, but that's what you get from USC, I'm glad they lost as always. This is the ninth time in the playoff era that the field should be no more than 3 teams, with 4 necessary to make that work. I think Bama is better than osu, but I have osu at #4 right now by default like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X