No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 343414772_759570468967288_5489881894791876205_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=vB_pmh2No_oAX_eEDZc&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfBd-8-lwnlHb6DPJGTheenagMd17XkHHx-bEszHg7JjUg&oe=644DE707.jpg

Dang ... not Ralphie...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• heh
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In that Bo book, he made.it sound like he didn't run many players off at all. His main theme was they weren't Bump Elliott players, they were now Bo players. But that could have been propaganda. Everyone is a hero of their own story.

Comment

• The Sparty thread seems to have disappeared, so I'll post this here.

MSU lost its highest rated football commit today, bringing its 2024 class down to only 3 committed.

CB Jamari Howard decommitted today. Its rumored that he did so to get a better NIL deal from a Florida school.

Michigan and MSU better get busy on this NIL stuff. Its becoming the determining factor for many recruits. Especially the higher rated ones.

Comment

• It's mostly the top 50-100 caliber recruits that are getting paid, e.g. signing bonus'.

Comment

• One way to get the rumor mill rolling…

How’d ya like to be one of the ACC schools locked out of these secret meetings?

Comment

• McMurphy is also blathering about Oregon/W coming to B10.

As for ACC, I certainly don’t see 7 magnificent schools. JFC. Maybe 2 good ones, 2 ok ones and 3 Rutgers.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not sure how happy USC and UCLA would be if we expanded east instead of west. But I imagine a lot of people in the Big10 would rather have UNC/UVA than Oregon/Washington. And question is whether the SEC would prefer those same two schools over FSU/Clemson.

Comment

• UNC/Clemson are probably worth it. Virginia is borderline. MAYBE Florida State. The other 3 are total shit.

Oregon/Washington are about equal to UNC/Clemson (IMO) (setting aside travel issues).

Comment

• I assume UNC is the top target for either conference. After that, less sure.

Comment

• The only real way to break the grant of rights is to dissolve the ACC. That would take a vote. I have heard 8 votes would do it. That’s second hand, though.

FSU adds nothing to the SEC. Miami? Meh. NC State? Meh. I would take UNC and Duke for nothing other than basketball. I would be okay with UVA and VaTech, the latter being because I dig Blacksburg and their football culture.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 347884603_5848594338585819_2205308445366533283_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=06SeORTOs5QAX9Ybd5l&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAYAhy3UmasnHX0QkhtNE5hLJ92moBdfZjr2LjGGOrEEQ&oe=64704ED1

Wow! Urbs got that one right, didn't he?

He ought to go to work for Fox Sports....

Comment

• Meyer’s way is to test a player’s mental toughness constantly and see how they respond. Burrow responded by beating out Haskins for 2nd QB and then got hurt. And Haskins came in against M and ended up winning job next year. And Haskins has a much better year that year.

But, yeah, I’m sure UFM called lots of first round picks total shit. It’s his way. Like coaches of yesteryear.

Comment

• Well, if Justin Fields finally cracks the starting lineup of Da Bears, Meyer will have exactly one (1) of his former QB's starting in the NFL.

Excellent.

Comment

• (1) I thought for sure Justin Fields started all last season and made great strides despite getting the bejesus beat out him; and
                                (2) UFM never coached nor reruited Fields.

So, other than be completely wrong on both points, great post!

Comment

Working...
                                X