No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue is garbage. Funny enough, no B10 team has beaten OSU more in the past 14 seasons (including this one). Penn State also has 3 wins against Ohio State.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The doormat should play better out of conference.

Purdue should have beat OSU in 2012 too, but they choked.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yep. Well, Kenny G was money, but either way.

You'd win a lot of money with this question: what three B10 teams have the most wins against Ohio State since the 2002 season?

Comment

• Based on memory... And I didn't see the 2002 and 2003 seasons... I'd guess:
          1. Purdue
          2. Iowa
          2. Illinois or MSU?

It's obviously not Michigan, IU, or Penn St... I think.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Boilers, PSU and Wisky.

Comment

• Since 2002:

Illinois: 10-1 (2015 pending)
              Indiana: 12-0
              Iowa: 6-1
              Maryland: 2-0
              Michigan: 11-2 (2015 pending)
              Michigan State: 8-2 (2015 pending)
              Minnesota: 8-0 (2015 pending)
              Nebraska: 1-1 (Fuck Bausermann)
              Northwestern: 7-1 (Fuck Justin Zwick)
              Penn State: 10-3
              Purdue: 7-3
              Rutgers: 2-0
              Wisconsin: 8-3

Total: 92-16 (Regular Season); 1-1 (Championship Games)

When coached by a competent, proven FBS coach, Ohio State is 89-11 (regular season)....but that horror was the suffering to be endured for the salvation.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Boilers, PSU and Wisky.
                Wow I don't remember Wisconsin or PSU beating Ohio State at all.
                There have been a couple prime time Ohio State at Wisconsin games... Maybe Wisconsin won one of those?

Meanwhile. Darrel Hazzel had 16 or more losses already vs B10 teams.

Also, do we really have to count Luke Fickel's team?
                Last edited by Cody_Russell; October 29, 2015, 08:03 AM.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If we have to count John L Smith and Bobby Williams, we have to count Fickell.

Comment

• Wisconsin ended Ohio State's 19-game winning streak in 2003, 17-10 in Madison. They hit Lee Evans for a 75(ish)-yard bomb with 5 minutes left. That game is best remembered for Robert Reynolds trying break Sorgi's windpipe.

Wisconsin beat Ohio State 24-13 in Columbus in 2004 in the midst of an atrocious 3-game losing streak. The abomination started with Ohio State's only loss to Northwestern in my lifetime -- the single-most embarrassing loss I've ever seen. Then Wisky. Then a 33-7 throttling in Iowa City that saw Justin Zwick knocked out and Troy Smith replace him. Smith would start the remainder of the season including a bad day in West Lafayette. But he'd have better days...including the week after against 10-1 M.

Wisconsin beat #1 Ohio State 31-18 in 2010. That was a hellagood Ohio State team. They returned the opening kickoff for a TD to set the tone and then had 2-3 drives where they just ran John Clay straight up OSU's ass. OSU fought back from 21-3 to make it 21-18, but then, as mentioned, the Wisky running game put it away in the 4th.

It's funny, I remember each of those 16 losses pretty well. I think the 2011 loss at Purdue was the biggest clownshow loss. God-awful offense that somehow manages to score what should have been the game-winning TD on a broken play that Braxton turned to gold (that was their offense), but they missed the EP and lost in OT.

The only loss I don't remember that well is the 20-14 loss to Penn State in 2011. By then I had sort of tuned out the season. I watched enough to know OSU couldn't score enough to win. Penn State also beat OSU in 2005 and in 2008 when they had JoePa's last two really good teams. OSU couldn't block Tambi Ali in 2005 and Pryor gave away what should have been a 6-3 win in 2008 on a disastrously bad QB sneak.

Comment

• If we have to count John L Smith and Bobby Williams, we have to count Fickell.
                      He's counted. He's 1 of MSU's 2 wins against Ohio State. Once MSU went up 2 scores (10-0) in the 2nd half, that shitstain offense was whipped. God almighty, that was horrible. However, I think the worst OSU offensive performance I've ever seen was at Michigan State in 1999 when OSU finished 6-6. I think they had 90 yards of total offense. Not really sure how they had that much, nor do I have any clue how OSU scored a TD in that game. The last time Ohio State lost in E. Lansing.

Comment

• If one were to exclude Fickel, it's 89-11 since 2002.
                        That's incredible.
                        But yes, perhaps we have to count him.

Basically I'm in a world where Ohio State doesn't lose B10 games, Colts don't lose to AFC South teams, and Detroit never wins at GB (as a sports viewer since 2004).
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Since 2002:

Northwestern: 7-1 (Fuck Justin Zwick)
                          You should be directing your anger at Mark Snyder. I have said this before but holy shit did you guys dodge a bullet there.

Comment

• Yeah, Snyder's year at DC wasn't so good. And when you consider Dantonio preceded him and Heacock succeeded him, yeah, he was not at that level.

Never really sure if Tressel would have replaced Snyder or not. He retained Heacock from Cooper's staff (and why not, the DL was generally pretty good), but had passed him over for Dantonio and then Snyder. Tressel was way too crony, but he ended up with a really good DC for every year but 1. He was not as fortunate on the offensive side of the ball, but I think that was by design. The offense was where he was really involved.

Such a contrast to UFM.

Comment

• And I didn't realize Dantonio was a graduate assistant on Bruce's staff. Earle Bruce's "coaching tree" includes Saban, Carroll, Meyer, Tressel, Dantonio and last, but not least, DeBord.

Comment

• Purdue........ won.... a B10 football game.... !! ??

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X