No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records from 2001 to present. The total is affected by OSU's "vacated wins" -- if you count those games OSU's % would be even higher

Ohio State: 184-38 (.829)
    Wisconsin: 168-69 (.709)
    Penn State: 148-78 (.655)
    Michigan: 148-79 (.652)
    Iowa: 147-82 (.642)
    Nebraska: 144-89 (.618 )
    Michigan State: 140-89 (.611)
    Northwestern: 121-103 (.540)
    Maryland: 113-111 (.504)
    Minnesota: 110-115 (.489)
    Rutgers: 103-120 (.462)
    Purdue: 98-125 (.439)
    Illinois: 80-138 (.367)
    Indiana: 77-139 (.356)

Comment

• Jeff Brohm announced Wednesday that he will remain the head football coach at Purdue.

Comment

• Bit of a surprise there.

Comment

• Louisville and Purdue are not dramatically different jobs at this point. Last year Purdue had slightly better attendance, believe it or not. Wouldn't surprise me if that's true this year too

A lot of people also think he's more interested in the pros

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah if Wisconsin falls back to the pack the West is going to be wide open for a while.

Comment

• 2-5 and 3-0. 51-50-2 and 22-13-1. And, of course, 1-11 in Rutgers games.

Northwestern (+14') vs. Ohio State. I've gone back and forth on this one. I sort of feel that the number is not a very likely outcome, but it middles the two more likely outcomes. Either nFw keeps this one painfully close with a chance to win or Ohio State blows their doors off. It doesn't feel like a 31-17 game to me. nFw does some things that are going to make this a going to the dentist type game. Their front 7 is actually solid and should limit OSU's entirely limitable running game. Their secondary has some weaknesses, but those weaknesses won't be put on an island in Cover 0. They'll play two-deep zone all day and force Ohio State to drive the field 5 yards at a time. On offense, they should drive OSU nuts with their flock of WRs and a fully healthy Thorson. Dink and dunk all the way down the field with the occasional busted coverage huge play. So, I don't see Ohio State pulling away in this one. Now, if OSU is ripping off chunk plays then that changes, but most defenses have found a way to limit those. So, I think this one will totally suck and I'm dreading going there to watch it. I'll say Ohio State pulls it off, barely, and wins 27-24.

To the specials where I have a chance to finish really strong. Picking a forced slate is hard and I've done no better than a monkey pooping on placards. But picking your 3 best games is a better measure of capper, I say. Well, at least for this year I say. I have a shot at finishing 10-games over and over 60%. Fingers crossed.

Northern Illinois vs. Buffalo (-3'). NIU is the brand name in the MAC, but Buffalo is pretty legit. NIU plays solid defense, but their offense is HueFreezian in it's awfulness. Buffalo can score. I really like their offense.and think it'll be enough to win by 7 or more. I'm a little concerned about their blowout loss to Ohio, but shit happens. I'll ride with the Bulls and say 34-20.

Texas (+8) vs. Oklahoma. This line puzzles me. And I find it so attractive I'm thinking it has to be a ruse, a total sucker play. Oklahoma really can't play defense. Moreover, in their last 4 game they've beaten a sinking Texas Tech team that lost their QB by 5, Okie State by 1 thanks to a failed 2pt conversion, Kansas by 15 and West Virginia by 3. I'm not sure why anyone would expect them to be a good team by more than 8. Oh yeah, and Texas wailed OU for 3 quarters before letting them back in the game. I think Texas plays enough defense to keep OU somewhat in check and I think the Genius of Herman scores enough to stay really close. I have this as a coin flip, so I'll take the Horns and the points.

Fresno State at Boise State (-2'). I started writing up Memphis +3, but I thought why make this too complicated. Boise is at home and favored by less than a FG against a team they are slightly better than. I'll back the Broncos to once again beat the Valley by at least a FG.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I have a friend who is an assistant on the Buffalo staff, I think he's going to be a coach on the rise.

Comment

• tOSU is gonna assrail fNW...the nuts need to run it up on the flyin' Fitz's to have a shot at the CFP. I see a 63-31 type track meet. Texass beats OU. Bama shitstomps UGA...then tOSU gets to be the first victim of Lord Saban in his quest...Clempson rolls the Lamers. We get Bama-Clempson Part what...like 8? It's like the fucking Rocky movies...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't think we'll see that many upsets, or even close games tomorrow.
                      OU vs Texas, ok.. maybe that'll be "fun." OU should still bounce back and lock up the 4th Playoff spot.

Bama will predictably beat Georgia.
                      Clemson just destroys Pitt.
                      OSU easily beats NW. Come on, its Clayton Thorson here. He isn't winning the B10.
                      ND sits back and enjoys not playing in a conference title game.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 51-52-2

need the last two

Comment

• No, 51-50-2 and 22-15-1.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Hes down

Comment

• lol

Comment

Working...
                                X