Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, as I said initially, his fake NIL is probably smallish. His real NIL will be big.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I mean it’s possible, but there is no need for a Manning to risk anything for an inappropriate NIL deal. He doesn’t need the money and he knows the legit NIL deals will be there after he gets on campus. It would be a risky, needless move and the Mannings are not known for reckless business.
      You bring up good points. The Mannings might not be a great example.

But that's my guess for what a guy perceived as a future Heisman winner holds as his street value nowadays. And I expect those numbers to approach NFL rookie signing bonus levels within the next decade or so. All of that fan money currently being spent on $1,000 season parking passes and building $100 Million dollar facilities are going to find a more productive use. There are at least 15-20 major programs with a big enough fan base and lots of money to make it the norm.

Comment

• This will be Arch in about 6 months:
        Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If you have to worry about 15-20 major programs with big bucks, then I'm not sure what the worry is about. Michigan has big bucks, OSU has big bucks and even MSU has big bucks.

I also don't get DaGeezer's onsession with what Arch Manning got for a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            If you have to worry about 15-20 major programs with big bucks, then I'm not sure what the worry is about. Michigan has big bucks, OSU has big bucks and even MSU has big bucks.

I have an obsession with pointing out typos.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Hah, I went to fix that typo and I or my terrible spell check program made.a.new typo.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                If you have to worry about 15-20 major programs with big bucks, then I'm not sure what the worry is about. Michigan has big bucks, OSU has big bucks and even MSU has big bucks.

I was just using him as an example of a high-value recruit in the NIL era. I could have used Dante Moore, probably a more relevant recruit for those of us in MI. # 3 overall recruit nationally. I happen to believe UCLA offered more than Oregon.

What I have argued is that these players now have substantial income, and the courts have ruled that citizens' IRS data can be made public. I say this is the way to regulate NIL if that is what you want to do. I'd like to see what these players are making. We have come a long ways from Jamis Winston stealing crab legs because he wasn't getting enough to eat from Florida State's team commissary.

Comment

• Geezer,

It’s a complicated process to get private citizens’ IRS info: https://www.irs.gov/government-entit...isclosure-laws

Most of the collectives are 501(c)(3)s. That info is public. The IRS is behind on that, but if they get caught up, you can go to a website and see disbursements.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If Moore got a better offer from UCLA, good for him! You certainly don't need to know how much, it's none of your business.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Geezer,

It’s a complicated process to get private citizens’ IRS info: https://www.irs.gov/government-entit...isclosure-laws

Most of the collectives are 501(c)(3)s. That info is public. The IRS is behind on that, but if they get caught up, you can go to a website and see disbursements.
                      Good point. But it is not too complicated to ask players for AGI in a given year. That happens on credit card applications.

I was kidding Talent when I said I was all about diversity, equity, and inclusion. You know I hate that shit. I realize this hypothetical is just that. In all honesty, I'd think a school that was generating more NIL money for their recruits would LIKE to have potential recruits know that the shop is open.

In all seriousness, about the only thing that can be reasonably done is to go back to the transfer rules as they existed before the Transfer Portal. If someone wants to transfer, then they have to sit for a year. I'd also point out that basketball is more susceptible to payoffs than football. One extraordinary player can take a team right to the top. I watch a lot of basketball, and it is amazing how many players are transfers.

UAT, by the way, has a heck of a defense. A great recruiting class.​

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer
                        Good point. But it is not too complicated to ask players for AGI in a given year. That happens on credit card applications.

I was kidding Talent when I said I was all about diversity, equity, and inclusion. You know I hate that shit. I realize this hypothetical is just that. In all honesty, I'd think a school that was generating more NIL money for their recruits would LIKE to have potential recruits know that the shop is open.

In all seriousness, about the only thing that can be reasonably done is to go back to the transfer rules as they existed before the Transfer Portal. If someone wants to transfer, then they have to sit for a year. I'd also point out that basketball is more susceptible to payoffs than football. One extraordinary player can take a team right to the top. I watch a lot of basketball, and it is amazing how many players are transfers.

UAT, by the way, has a heck of a defense. A great recruiting class.
                        It’s not too hard to ask anyone for an AGI. They aren’t usually legally compelled to give it, though.

UAT is the University of Arizona at Tucson? I don’t get the reference? Why are we talking about Arizona? Did I miss something? If that is in reference to Alabama, we do not go by the abbreviation “UAT” anymore than Michigan goes by UMAA or Ohio State goes by TOSUC. If it is about Alabama, why are we talking defense? Is this because you believe that because we signed (insert bluechip player name here) that we poached him?

(edit) This shit has become tedious. Never mind an answer. I don’t care.
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 29, 2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• In all seriousness, about the only thing that can be reasonably done is to go back to the transfer rules as they existed before the Transfer Portal. If someone wants to transfer, then they have to sit for a year./I] class.​
                          This — this needs to happen yesterday

Comment

• Do you own a time machine?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kendrick Bell, quarterback
                              6'3" 180 lbs

Comment

• He’s another kid who I don’t believe will be recruited to a school because of NIL. He is a quality young man. I wish him luck wherever he goes

Harbor just visited Colorado and talking to the Ducks too ha ha these kids you never know, South Carolina better anti up!
                                Last edited by WingsFan; January 23, 2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X