Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really uninspiring, 5-member defensive back class (according to the recruiting services.)

Need DL help and a couple more quality WR's.

Comment

• I have a slight preference for Corley over Mitchell, little higher upside. Really like both, little different styles. Keyshawn "Pie" Young is a take and M is possible leader for him.

Comment

• I would say the same thing about the DB class, WM, but I can't handle Liney's withering assaults on anyone who dares to speak against HARBAUGH!!!!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Uninspiring" is a huge compliment for this DB class.

Comment

• I'm sure Nick The Great has had some uninspiring days as well.

He probably felt less than inspired when his team couldn't tackle a guy on a 100 yard run returning a botched field goal.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post

Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names

After Judge Cabrera?s historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson will likely undergo a name change.
              (DETROIT) In a decision that?s expected to send shockwaves through the African-American community?and yet, give much relief to teachers everywhere?a federal judge ruled today that black women no longer have independent naming rights for their children. Too many black children?and many adults?bear names that border on not even being words, he said.

?I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their children,? said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his decision. ?Someone had to put a stop to it.?

The rule applies to all black women, but Cabrera singled out impoverished mothers.

?They are the worst perpetrators,? he said. ?They put in apostrophes where none are needed. They think a ?Q? is a must. There was a time when Shaniqua and Tawanda were names you dreaded. Now, if you?re a black girl, you hope you get a name as sensible as one of those.?

Few stepped forward to defend black women?and black women themselves seemed relieved.

?It?s so hard to keep coming up with something unique,? said Uneeqqi Jenkins, 22, an African-American mother of seven who survives on public assistance. Her children are named Daryl, Q?Antity, Uhlleejsha, Cray-Ig, Fellisittee, Tay?Sh?awn and Day?Shawndra.

Beginning in one week, at least three white people must agree with the name before a black mother can name her child.

?Hopefully we can see a lot more black children with sensible names like Jake and Connor,? Cabrera said.

His ruling stemmed from a lawsuit brought by a 13-year-old girl whose mother created her name using Incan hieroglyphics.

?She said it would make me stand out,? said the girl, whose name can?t be reproduced by The Peoples News? technology. ?But it?s really just stupid.?

The National Association of Elementary School Teachers celebrated Cabrera?s decision.

?Oh my God, the first day of school you?d be standing there sweating, looking at the list of names wondering ?How do I pronounce Q?J?Q?Sha.??? said Joyce Harmon, NAEST spokeswoman. ?Is this even English??

The practice of giving black children outlandish names began in the 1960s, when blacks were getting in touch with their African roots, said historian Corlione Vest. But even he admits it got out of hand.

?I have a niece who?s six. I?m embarrassed to say I can?t even pronounce her name,? said Vest, a professor at Princeton University. ?Whenever I want to talk to her, I just wait until she looks at me and then I wave her over.?

Cabrera?s ruling exempted black men because so few of them are actually involved in their children?s lives.
              From The Onion?
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• posted by Iam416

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I don't know crap about the kid. The only thing I found odd was that Maryland had not offered.
                Just trying to figure out how to make those blue boxes. After all, he is the 22nd ranked prospect in MD, and maybe U of Mary doesn't offer that far down.

Comment

• Again, there is a ton of bitching going on about how many "stars" these guys have. I'm with liney on this one in terms of trusting harbaughs talent reader. Also, I feel it's important to go back and look at previous drafts for the defensive backs who were drafted. From the lazy and little research I did, many of those dbs were shitty "3 star" guys coming out of highschool. Case in point: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hsspo...-or-worse.html
                  Also, i'd like to thank posters who are positive and comedic so I don't go blow my fucking brains out.
                  Last edited by Wellington_beefhouser; August 2, 2015, 11:16 PM.
                  Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I firmly believe that the staff likes Scott more than Hill. I think if they wanted Hill they would get him. He's too small for what they wanna do and they don't like his game film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                      Again, there is a ton of bitching going on about how many "stars" these guys have. I'm with liney on this one in terms of trusting harbaughs talent reader. Also, I feel it's important to go back and look at previous drafts for the defensive backs who were drafted. From the lazy and little research I did, many of those dbs were shitty "3 star" guys coming out of highschool. Case in point: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hsspo...-or-worse.html
                      Also, i'd like to thank posters who are positive and comedic so I don't go blow my fucking brains out.
                      Your "lazy research" found an article equally lazy in the author's effort to make a case that is factually unsustainable.

Of course there will be about an equal number of elites and non-elites because there are way more non-elites seeking NFL employment than elites.

One cannot escape the facts: Stars matter.

Running the numbers for the entire 2015 NFL Draft confirms that while sleepers can break through, super-talented players remain super-talented players.

There is a difference between realistic expectations for M football going forward and plain unsupportable negativity about it. Certainly, there are many positives associated with the Harbaugh hire but the facts on the ground regarding recruiting don't support the notion that there is going to be a quick turnaround powered by elite recruiting. That's not happening.

The historical facts also don't support the argument that you can build a team capable of competing at the elite level without elite players, great coaching notwithstanding.

To me, the most realistic position to take regarding M football's future is that Harbaugh will build a solid football team that will win games but will not dominate the Big Ten Conference or be a consistent competitor for a play-off berth....... and that is because when it comes to recruiting and becoming an elite football team, stars matter.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 3, 2015, 09:11 AM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Buchanan with the hammer! If "stars didn't matter" then roughly 90% of the top 50 in the NFL draft would be 3*, not 50%. Or, what Buchanan said. Heh.

Anyway, another hidden gem! HARBAUGH!

Comment

• What jb said, though I'll judge JHs recruiting more from his 2017 recruiting class.

Comment

• They gotta be going to 28 with this class, right? I mean, even if that canuck is 2017, they are at 21 with at least 5-6 spots of need to fill. I can't imagine them taking this Maryland kid if they were getting tight on spots.

So, that's roughly 13 kids worth of attrition (my understanding is they're currently at 15 open scholarships).

Comment

• Woo-hoo! We just got the 18th best player in Maryland! Suck it Wake Forest!

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                                I firmly believe that the staff likes Scott more than Hill. I think if they wanted Hill they would get him. He's too small for what they wanna do and they don't like his game film.
                                He was at the BBQ with both of his parents. I think there's interest on both sides. 247 Sports ranks him the 10th CB in the country.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X