Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm not so sure about the staff not liking Hill. I think the staff liked Butler better than Scott, but not by enough to roll the dice and hold the spot for Butler. When Butler didn't commit they moved on to Scott. I think they'll continue to pursue Hill.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• or they are fixing to play the old 2-2-7 defense.

Comment

• I believe that is known as the "Victory Prevent Defense".
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          I believe that is known as the "Victory Prevent Defense".
          Yup, I've often wondered how many games L. Carr lost with this defense

Comment

• Carr and Moeller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

One cannot escape the facts: Stars matter.

To me, the most realistic position to take regarding M football's future is that Harbaugh will build a solid football team that will win games but will not dominate the Big Ten Conference or be a consistent competitor for a play-off berth....... and that is because when it comes to recruiting and becoming an elite football team, stars matter.
              Would I rather have the guys rated higher? Sure, who wouldn't? Is the star rating always indicative of how an athlete will perform? No. It's only a guideline/benchmark. I never said anything about stars not mattering. My point was, we shouldn't write off players that have fewer stars, well, because, many of them turn into great players.
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Carlo Kemp moving Michigan up his list. He'd be a nice "4-star" pick up.
                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• JBs the hardest to figure around here. Preaches STARS; we have stars on stars on the this team, with HARBAUGH!!!!! coming and he's telling anyone who'll listen that he's not falling for it again.

Comment

• Buchanan moved to Columbus going on 2 years now. He, Talent and Meyer are bingo chums.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• "Michigan is where the bulk of my family is," Nauta said. ""It's grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. That's where I grew up, and it's where most of my family still lives. I lived there for eight years. I have family ties because my uncle played under Harbaugh's dad, and he played for Coach (Greg) Mattison, too. I was also the first freshman in the history of Michigan football to be offered by them. To me, that really stood out and showed how much they wanted me. Obviously, that was with Hoke's staff, but, when Harbaugh came in, he wanted me to know they want me just as much as that old staff did."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        Woo-hoo! We just got the 18th best player in Maryland! Suck it Wake Forest!

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Foo...oup=HighSchool
                        Sir Patrick Scott, what a name.

Looks like he got a lot of offers though. Wisconsin, Arizona among them.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Arizona? Damn, if RichRod wanted him then he must be an elite recruit.

Comment

• Harbaugh's won everywhere he's been, and he's going to win (big) at M as well. I have no doubt in my mind (and I'm as negative as they come).

Some people need to chill the f*ck out and let the man do what he does best. FFS.

Carry on.
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Would like to know how these CBs are being chosen. Are they the best available at this time? Do Zordich and Jackson have a lot of input? I feel a hell of a lot better about their judgement than the two guys running the defensive backfield last year. Hoke had a LB coaching corners, while Harbaugh has two guys who both played and coached in the NFL.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                                Some people need to chill the f*ck out and let the man do what he does best. FFS.

Carry on.

OK. Just promise me that you won't ever lower your standards for what it means to win "big".

Comment

Working...
                                X