No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was Al Maguire for me, then Packer. Vitale was late to the party for my experience. But, I think he started doing the FF right when I started getting to stay up late and watch it -- 1982. Fuck North Carolina.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My mom loved CBB and loved listening to Al Maguire. NBC didn't have a great slate of licenses, but DePaul was great, so every other Saturday it was as game from the Rosemont Horizon. And we'd watch together. One day, hopefully many years from now, when she passes I'll re-watch one of those games on YT and probably bawl my eyes out.

I did like Packer. And he did the FFs that really made March Machness -- 82, 83, 85. Even 87. What a glorious run. Everything was better in the 80s. Well, except shitty hair metal (and, eventually, Appettite came along and all was right). But man, what a time to grow up. Now, get the flying fuck off my fucking lawn.

Comment

• College football was not great in the 1980’s.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He called the 1989 Michigan national championship, too.

Comment

• Yes, 89 almost undid an entire decade of good will, but fortunately the following year Duke was humiliated by UNLV and things were ok again.

And, the Miami-FSU era w/o a little Holtz mixed in and Ohio State's last losing regular season -- not great, but I still loved it. It was also a terrible decade for the Stillers, by their standards.

Comment

• Best years of CFB was 1993-1997. Period.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                Best years of CFB was 1993-1997. Period.
                There was a pretty good Rose Bowl mixed in there but otherwise, nah

Comment

• 1921-1945; 1961-1979; 1991-1995; 2008-present.

Period.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• there is nothing better then march madness--packer called the almost all the best til cbs canned him

Comment

• I saw this last night and paused to get a picture.

The team in white just got beat on a 90' desperation heave at the buzzer.

Look at the guys in the lane, at the free throw line, and half way between the three point line and center court.

They are looking at each other with a "I can't believe this shit just happened to us" posture and look.

When the shot went in, these guys just froze like this for a couple of seconds. It cracked me up.

thumbnail_Image.jpg
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A Schadenfreude high is a real thing. Releases dopamine. We’re hardwired (especially men) to take some pleasure in our fellow man getting gut punched.

Comment

• So, uh, Nate Oats!!! AA, does he survive this?

Comment

• He shouldn't.

Comment

• Boys will be boys.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X