No announcement yet.

MSU @ M, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many things I want to say, but I better not.

I'm outta here for a while.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
      I really wanted to believe this Michigan team had turned the corner, but you have to be able to finish games. You have to be able to run the ball, and you have to be able to make tough throws when it counts. Michigan's offense hasn't been able to do either against Michigan State for a long time, and they couldn't do it today either. This didn't have to come down to one disaster of a play.
      If the punter doesn't make 2-3 decisions that all completely lost the entire game, this paragraph never happens.

Again, neat little bow doesn't fit this. One guy made a terrible decision. That's all it was.

Michigan had the lead the entire game. They made every defensive stop they needed to make. There was no team wide meltdown. Just one guy that lost his mind.

Comment

• Coach should have told the punter too fall on a bad snap.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• This loss feels VERY comparable to a Vikings @ Lions game in 2004 (I think that was it).
          Joey led the Lions down the field to make the score 28-27 with no time left.
          Lions miss the PAT and lose. I still remember Joey's disappointment on the sideline after that.
          Personally that is one that upset me the most from what I remember. I'm sure there has been more with Michigan sports teams in the last decade.

Or maybe like Auburn vs Bama and the returned FG attempt for a game winning TD.

Shocking!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            I can't read this without laughing. Sorry.

There are winless teams in the country that would have completed that routine play 100 times out of 100 against Alabama without having that happen. Michigan's chance to crack under prssure as MSU's final drive and they stopped them cold.

There's no way to tie this up in a neat little bow. The punter gave the game away. No other explanation.
            Hopefully JH learns his lesson. Gimmicky kicker from the land down under who crumbled under pressure. Get a fricking conventional style punter who has played football since rocket.

Comment

• Future's bright. This team has an anemic offense. Harbaugh continues string of Michigan coaches to lose first game to Sparty.
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 17, 2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Coach should have told the punter too fall on a bad snap.
                I'm sure his special teams coach has told him that once or twice. His brain was in la-la land.

Comment

• Even without Blake Oneil's Charlie Brown act at the end of the game Dantonio made us his bitch yet again. 9-0'against the spread, out gained us by 150 yards. So much for breaking that fucking trend. Same shit different year.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxreturn View Post
                    Hopefully JH learns his lesson. Gimmicky kicker from the land down under who crumbled under pressure. Get a fricking conventional style punter who has played football since rocket.
                    Except a huge chunk of schools use rugby style punters now. This had nothing to do with his style.

Comment

• If we ever beat a Dantonio team with 9+ wins I will be extremely shocked. He is batting 1000 when it comes to getting his team better prepared than ours.

Comment

• Pretty sure Michigan will be routinely winning this game against in 2-3 years. Awful offensive players kept this game close. The Michigan of 2017 will look way better than this one.

Jimmy's playing with house money this season. The shutout streak took everyone's mind off the fact he inherited Hoke's soft ass players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Coach should have told the punter too fall on a bad snap.
                          Coach should have never sent out the punter to begin with. 10 seconds left, MSU has no timeouts and they avoided any and all possibilities of putting their FG kicker on the field the entire game.

Blame that on Harbaugh. You don't put the game in the hands of a punter. Whether he kicked it 2 yards or 60 yards didn't matter - MSU was going to get just 1 play - and they weren't in FG range anyway.

Comment

• Michigan beat up some teams with young QBs. If only Rudock could hit a deep pass...

Comment

• Yeah if the punter falls on it, they would have had a FG attempt. A probable miss, but a chance.

Comment

• If only rudock could throw....anything? He's got a horrible arm. Smart kid I guess but he has no business playing QB at Michigan. He's a MAC QB.

The O-line is terrible, the WRs are mediocre at best, the only guy in the entire offense Harbaugh would have wanted is Jake Butt.

Defense has made everyone proud, but even the 1997 team couldn't win without moving the ball.
                                Last edited by Kstat; October 17, 2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X